What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Burrow or Lawrence?

Burrow or Lawrence?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Assuming both are in the draft and you have a gun to your head and need to make a decision between the two, who do you draft?

Please note I want to know who you think will be a better QB in the NFL, not who you think is better at the college level.

I went with Lawrence. Size with that arm and ability is ridiculous.

Burrow would crush in the Saints offense(obviously) but I don’t know how he’d do in Miami or Washington.

Lawrence played a MUCH better defense than Burrow did, and I think Lawrence is a better college QB because of how he can run. Both are very good. Both are accurate. But it jumped out to me how much more quickly Burrow processes the field and delivers the ball than Lawrence. Lawrence needs to see it happen, Burrow sees it happening and delivers the ball...You need that in the NFL. Burrow is the better NFL QB IMO.

I went with Lawrence, but it's about as close to 50/50 as you can get. Burrow is a hell of a QB himself, don't think you could go wrong with either.

For next Monday, burrow, you can’t really argue that one. But in the pros Lawrence, it’s closer than I thought it would be though.

I chose Lawrence based solely on what I perceive to be the “it” factor, but I think both would be solid NFL quarterbacks.

Lawrence will be the best QB to enter the draft since Luck. If Tua doesn’t get hurt he would likely go before Burrow.

Burrow processes the field so well and makes damn good decisions. Plus his arm is damn accurate. Can't lose with either is what I think but I think Burrow's ability to process information and decision making is on a different level.

Burrow processes the field so well and makes damn good decisions. Plus his arm is damn accurate. Can't lose with either is what I think but I think Burrow's ability to process information and decision making is on a different level.
Comp = Aaron Rodgers

Who is best comp for Lawrence?

I went with the #1 determinant of NFL success: height.
Yeah, because Russell Wilson and Drew Breese are SO TALL and Brock Osweiler (6'7") and Joe Flacco (6'6") are killing it! Actually, NFL is all about accuracy; See Manning, Brady, Marino, et. al.....so.....

Burreaux it is!

Last edited:
Heh. Newton's stock has tanked for good reason, but I think it makes people forget just how great he was in 2010. He took an above average team without much elite talent to the title.
He has had two really good seasons in his career. Rookie year and MVP season.

Back