What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Burrow or Lawrence?

Burrow or Lawrence?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe the best comp for Lawrence is a taller, slightly less accurate Burrow. Hard to say this but I think Lawrence makes more pro throws, but Burrows in-play reads are silly good.

Trevor Lawrence is 3 years younger than Burrow and just won his 3rd CFP playoff game. He‘s beaten better QB prospects and teams in those playoff games than what Burrow faced last night. 3 years is a massive age difference when comparing any prospects but especially QB’s.

Burrow and LSU could win and he still wouldn’t be on Lawrence’s level as an NFL prospect.

Maybe the best comp for Lawrence is a taller, slightly less accurate Burrow. Hard to say this but I think Lawrence makes more pro throws, but Burrows in-play reads are silly good.
That's the thing about Burrow, he actually goes through progression and pretty damn quickly. Kinda sounds weird, but that's pretty ****ing rare with QBs these days.

Last edited:
Can someone please add Adrian Martinez to the poll? I know an expert who says that he's better than Burrow. Since most of you seem to think Burrow is better than Lawrence, it would follow Martinez is better than him, too.

Thanks

Burrow has had an amazing season. He was pedestrian last year. He played better this year and was fortunate to have one of the best offensive systems in modern football taught to him.

Lawrence had a down start to the season and still produced ridiculous numbers.

I think Big Jim's comparison to Luck is more apt.

except he has real wheels and can motor. Having a hard time finding a legit comparison for Lawrence. Maybe @Buffnik is correct in that it is Peyton from a physical perspective with wheels. I still think Burrow is a better comparison to Peyton from a football intelligence and processing standpoint. Just my opinion which ain’t worth $0.02

except he has real wheels and can motor. Having a hard time finding a legit comparison for Lawrence. Maybe @Buffnik is correct in that it is Peyton from a physical perspective with wheels. I still think Burrow is a better comparison to Peyton from a football intelligence and processing standpoint. Just my opinion which ain’t worth $0.02
Against tOSU, Lawrence rarely had a clean pocket and he was getting the crap beat out of him. Despite that, I saw him get to his 3rd read so many times. His mental game is so impressive for a kid who isn't even old enough to buy beer yet. If he was in the NFL right now, I believe he'd be among the top half of starting QBs -- and he's not even allowed to enter the league until 2021 (a rule I think should be declared unconstitutional, fwiw).

Luck had 4.6 40 speed coming out of Stanford.

Yeah. I remember being a bit shocked when he ended up being faster than Griffin that year with the QB evaluations. Not a lot of wiggle with him, but he can definitely outrun most NFL starters at LB.

Yeah. I remember being a bit shocked when he ended up being faster than Griffin that year with the QB evaluations. Not a lot of wiggle with him, but he can definitely outrun most NFL starters at LB.

that is great but he was definitely not a Runner in the pros. He would use his feet if pressed (or running for his life behind a ****ty O Line) but dude is nothing like Lawrence as a runner. Not compatible.

Against tOSU, Lawrence rarely had a clean pocket and he was getting the crap beat out of him. Despite that, I saw him get to his 3rd read so many times. His mental game is so impressive for a kid who isn't even old enough to buy beer yet. If he was in the NFL right now, I believe he'd be among the top half of starting QBs -- and he's not even allowed to enter the league until 2021 (a rule I think should be declared unconstitutional, fwiw).

let me be clear, both of these kids are going to be very good pros and I get that Burrows has a couple of years on Trevor. Burrows processes through the progressions, throws dimes and decently mobile (not as mobile as Lawrence). Bottom line, both of these guys are going to make the teams they are selected by very happy. Hope to see them battle each other for the next decade and a half.

I like Burrow's overall story and commitment to excellence. If I am Cincinnatti, I have to draft this LOCAL kid and let him become the face of the franchise!!! You almost forget the Bengals still exist!

Comp = Aaron Rodgers

Who is best comp for Lawrence?

I was going to go Brees for Burrow. Burrow's not PFM (who never ran unless he absolutely HAD to) but I don't think he's as good a runner as Rodgers is. He does an excellent job of throwing people open, and I can't remember the last time I've seen him make a bad decision in the pocket.

I like Burrow's overall story and commitment to excellence. If I am Cincinnatti, I have to draft this LOCAL kid and let him become the face of the franchise!!! You almost forget the Bungles still exist!

FIFY-they're very capable of ****ing that pick up royally

I get that Burrow has had a nice season. I guess no one has any concern that he’s had one good year with one of the best offensive systems in modern football. Okay.

I say Burrow but there's really no wrong answer here. Burrow's pocket presence is incredible and he's very athletic when he needs to run, and it's not like there are size concerns with him. Both Burrow and Lawrence have very good running games and athletic recieivers to help make them look good.

Burrow. But it's like the Brady vs Manning argument. Except with 2 guys more athletic than either of them. I'm excited to see both of them the next few years.

Back