What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CFB Playoff.

As much as it fun to think about Alabama not being in the playoff, this is what I bet will happen.

OU will win out.
OSU will out.
UO will lose at least more game, because Pac-12.
Alabama will beat Georgia in the SEC CG, because Georgia.

#1 Alabama
#2 Georgia
#3 OSU
#4 OU

Bama will destroy OU, because OU in the playoffs.
Georgia will beat OSU in a close one.

Who the **** cares who wins the title (Bama, see above), because all we're going to hear is S-E-C!

Keep in mind that the Big 12 schedules for their top teams are all pretty back loaded. I would be very surprised to see any Big 12 team come out of there undefeated.

Full disclosure: I’d like nothing more than to not see AL in the CFP this year

However, the discussion about whether a two loss AL still deserves to be in the top four misses out on who delivers that second loss and the circumstances surrounding it. We all guess their second loss would be to GA in the SECCG. If they somehow lose ahead of that, they’re FOR SURE not going to be in the CFP. If they get to the SECCG and lose a close, compelling game to GA, I think the playoff committee would see the opportunity for a rematch as must see TV and keep them in the top four, regardless of what happens elsewhere.

Full disclosure: I’d like nothing more than to not see AL in the CFP this year

However, the discussion about whether a two loss AL still deserves to be in the top four misses out on who delivers that second loss and the circumstances surrounding it. We all guess their second loss would be to GA in the SECCG. If they somehow lose ahead of that, they’re FOR SURE not going to be in the CFP. If they get to the SECCG and lose a close, compelling game to GA, I think the playoff committee would see the opportunity for a rematch as must see TV and keep them in the top four, regardless of what happens elsewhere.
A 2 loss Alabama getting in over a 1 loss Conference Championship Game winner from another conference would piss me off to no end.

And it would simply reinforce the alignment between the ACC-B1G-P12 to fight against the SEC.

It doesn't matter how they get to 2 losses.

A 2 loss Alabama getting in over a 1 loss Conference Championship Game winner from another conference would piss me off to no end.

And it would simply reinforce the alignment between the ACC-B1G-P12 to fight against the SEC.

It doesn't matter how they get to 2 losses
Agreed. Said it before...the question that doesn’t have a correct answer is: are the CFP top four supposed to be the four teams who are most deserving or should they be the four best teams?

You like the two-team computer/polls process better? Personally, I think this is better.

CFP is not perfect. It’s an easy target for shade in early weeks. But in the end, they have nailed it on best four teams virtually every year in my opinion.

i’m open to 12. Although some of those early games are gonna be rough (as bad or worse than semis have been)

In the days of the BCS we essentially had a 2-team playoff, now the "field" is doubled and people complain more than ever. It wouldn't have been any different in the 2000's with teams like Miami, OU, USC, tOSU, Texas, Florida, and LSU making multiple CFB appearances in a short span. If the playoff existed in the 90's FSU would've been in it EVERY year, and also Miami in most years.

This is not a sport of parity and never will be. It's also very subjective when it comes to the rankings. Both of these are one of the many things that make the sport so great.

Agreed. Said it before...the question that doesn’t have a correct answer is: are the CFP top four supposed to be the four teams who are most deserving or should they be the four best teams?
Best. It’s in their charter.

Are they getting in 0 losses?

I'm not convinced they would. SEC champ, B1G champ, undefeated OU, undefeated Cincy, 1-loss Oregon - all these teams would have a better resume than Wake. Would be interesting to see if the committe has the balls the leave out an undefeated P5 team even given their weak schedule.

I'm not convinced they would. SEC champ, B1G champ, undefeated OU, undefeated Cincy, 1-loss Oregon - all these teams would have a better resume than Wake. Would be interesting to see if the committe has the balls the leave out an undefeated P5 team even given their weak schedule.
Right??

GO DEMON DEACS!! **** yo this playoff ****!

Best. It’s in their charter.
That’s why, IMO, expansion to twelve teams is in the best interest for college football. Limiting it to the four best removes the cinderella possibilities which is what makes March Madness and the field of 64 the best sporting event for fans in the world.

That’s why, IMO, expansion to twelve teams is in the best interest for college football. Limiting it to the four best removes the cinderella possibilities which is what makes March Madness and the field of 64 the best sporting event for fans in the world.

It'll end up at 12, just a matter of when the "Alliance" gets over their hurt feelings

Right??

GO DEMON DEACS!! **** yo this playoff ****!

I'm rooting for Wake to win out but have a hard time believing it would happen. They could lose every game they have left on their schedule, not to mention the ACCCG likely against Pitt.

But if Wake wins out chances are it would open up for them. Every year at this time we think we know what's gonna happen and then chaos ensues. Who saw Bama losing to A&M, or Iowa losing to Purdue? tOSU, MSU, Oregon, OU, Cincy - one or some or all of these teams are bound to lose before the season ends.

All the media outrage about Cincy being #6 in the rankings is comical. Yet OU is undefeated at #8 and Wake at #9 yet nobody seems to be complaining about their rankings - and I'm not saying that OU or Wake should be ranked higher, they've both shown enough flaws and don't have the schedules at this point to warrant a higher ranking.

A Cinderella would have a very difficult time winning 3 CFP games.

I’m ready for 12.

No changes this week in the top 10 other then OU dropping down as expected. Michigan still ranked ahead of MSU but no big deal there as that will sort itself out. Ohio State is still behind Oregon but the Buckeyes will jump over them in the coming weeks if they keep winning.

I don't know how Michigan is ranked above Michigan State. That clown they put on tv said it was due to statistics? Umm, what is the only statistic that matters? Did you win or lose when you played each other? It's flat bull****. It's about the same damn thing it always is.

I don't know how Michigan is ranked above Michigan State. That clown they put on tv said it was due to statistics? Umm, what is the only statistic that matters? Did you win or lose when you played each other? It's flat bull****. It's about the same damn thing it always is.
I think it was politically motivated to set the stage for jumping Oregon with tOSU.

Head-to-head is just one of the many factors they take into account though. Given tOSU's much tougher schedule down the stretch (MSU, Michigan, Iowa/Wiscy in the B1G championship) they will almost certainly jump Oregon if both teams keep winning. Texas A&M is ranked 5 spots ahead of Arkansas who beat A&M and both teams have the same record.

Head-to-head is just one of the many factors they take into account though. Given tOSU's much tougher schedule down the stretch (MSU, Michigan, Iowa/Wiscy in the B1G championship) they will almost certainly jump Oregon if both teams keep winning. Texas A&M is ranked 5 spots ahead of Arkansas who beat A&M and both teams have the same record.
I get all that, but head to head, you lost. Why should you be voted over them?

It comes down to overall body of work though. Good example, if Cincy loses a game and the 4th spot comes down to 1-loss ND and 1-loss Cincy then I'd say ND should get the nod.
Wait, didn't they go to ND and beat them? Say Cincy wins out, then what?

Back