What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Championship game weekend 12/3 - 12/4

AL, UM, UGA, UC

The committee will make sure to try and engineer an all SEC championship game.
That’s what I thought initially. But wouldn’t a Big Ten - SEC championship game be worth more?

Wish there was a thread for this but Utah the state is absolutely dominant right now. BYU and Itah are top ten teams PERIOD.

Utah State just obliterated SDSU in the Mountain West championship. And talk all you want about how we need to recruit, but Utah State doesn’t recruit top half of their conference but they might be top third of our conference right now.

ALL of this ties back to Kyle W and his coaching tree.

Time for Rick to take notes.

I think Bama has to be #1. They lost on the road in OT, right? Since then they've. beaten Top 10 Ole Miss & UGA. I think they've got a bit more on the resume that UM.

If tonight's UM-Iowa game holds as it's going in the 2nd half, I'd go:

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati
And Michigan lost in the final minutes on the road to the hottest coach in college football.

If the score holds and Michigan wins by 18, I think they have to be the #1 seed. That does not mean I think they are the best team.

At this point the best thing for Michigan is a long clock burning drive that produces points.

Second best thing is a long time consuming drive by Iowa that doesn't.

We complain about lack of creativity in our offense, looked like once they got in the red zone Iowa had no clue what to do to score.

I think Bama has to be #1. They lost on the road in OT, right? Since then they've. beaten Top 10 Ole Miss & UGA. I think they've got a bit more on the resume that UM.

If tonight's UM-Iowa game holds as it's going in the 2nd half, I'd go:

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati
The Ole Miss game was the week before Alabama's loss. **** Mel, but I'd argue UM's loss is better than Alabama's-A&M went .500 in the SEC. Michigan's going to have wins over top 10 OSU and top 20 (I don't think Iowa drops any lower than that with a loss here).

If you're right, that probably means Alabama-Cincinnati in the Orange Bowl and Michigan-Georgia in the Cotton Bowl. Kind of feeling like it'll be Bama-Michigan. This is an impressive performance from Big Blue.

Last edited:
Another reason for expansion: in a four-team playoff, the seeding really matters.

Watching tonight's game, I'm revising my guarantee that Bama and UGA will meet again. Iowa's not a top 5 team, but they don't suck (aside from the QB position), and Michigan has had their way with them.

Bama is the best team I watched today

and I don't like tide.

Michigan is the next best.

Wish there was a thread for this but Utah the state is absolutely dominant right now. BYU and Itah are top ten teams PERIOD.

Utah State just obliterated SDSU in the Mountain West championship. And talk all you want about how we need to recruit, but Utah State doesn’t recruit top half of their conference but they might be top third of our conference right now.

ALL of this ties back to Kyle W and his coaching tree.

Time for Rick to take notes.
A couple of things-One, Blake Anderson never worked for Kyle Whittingham. Two, I've thought he's been a guy we needed to call the last two times we've had openings. I've said as much on here-and I've gotten responses like "he's a group of 5 coach" or "his record isn't that great" or "we need the next hot coordinator". Here's my point-Blake Anderson's a hell of a football coach, and he's an even better man. Give him Power 5 resources and he'll be fine. Two conference titles at Arkansas State. Turned down at least two P5 opportunities (Missouri and Baylor) IIRC. Took the Utah State job because he felt he needed to move on after the death of his wife. Here's what most impressive though-think about where Utah State was last year. Their kids literally forced the university to forfeit their last game last year because they didn't get the guy they wanted. He walked into that, got his kids to buy into what he and his staff were doing........and they go from 1-5 to 10-3 and MWC champs in a year. Think about that for a minute. That's insanely impressive.

If we dump Dorrell in the next year or two and we don't call him because "we need another hot coordinator" or we're still scarred after Hawkins (even though we fired him over a decade ago), its on us.

Watching tonight's game, I'm revising my guarantee that Bama and UGA will meet again. Iowa's not a top 5 team, but they don't suck (aside from the QB position), and Michigan has had their way with them.
Iowa is really bad on offense. Michigan looked good, but Georgia and Bama are playing a different sport than Iowa.

A couple of things-One, Blake Anderson never worked for Kyle Whittingham. Two, I've thought he's been a guy we needed to call the last two times we've had openings. I've said as much on here-and I've gotten responses like "he's a group of 5 coach" or "his record isn't that great" or "we need the next hot coordinator". Here's my point-Blake Anderson's a hell of a football coach, and he's an even better man. Give him Power 5 resources and he'll be fine. Two conference titles at Arkansas State. Turned down at least two P5 opportunities (Missouri and Baylor) IIRC. Took the Utah State job because he felt he needed to move on after the death of his wife. Here's what most impressive though-think about where Utah State was last year. Their kids literally forced the university to forfeit their last game last year because they didn't get the guy they wanted. He walked into that, got his kids to buy into what he and his staff were doing........and they go from 1-5 to 10-3 and MWC champs in a year. Think about that for a minute. That's insanely impressive.

If we dump Dorrell in the next year or two and we don't call him because "we need another hot coordinator" or we're still scarred after Hawkins (even though we fired him over a decade ago), its on us.
I don't know him but my impression is that Anderson is a guy who would do well at any level he tries. He's relational with kids, organized, hard working, and good with the non-football elements of the job.

It wouldn't surprise me if he would be willing to take a contract at a place like CU that was more backloaded allowing the school to get out from under some current obligations (KD buyout biggest of those) in exchange for some real commitments to supporting him like competitive budgets for assistants and the recruiting department.

I made a bad assumption and was too lazy to check. But man how about we look at their offensive coordinator! He worked here in 2010.

Sometimes one team just has another's teams number.

For a decade or so it seemed like no matter how bad CU was, and no matter how good aTm was - we'd manage to beat, and sometimes embarrass them.

Hell, we came one yard away from doing it again this year.

I just feel like this is the UU and UO relationship right now. Whatever the key is to making UO look like a ****ty, pedestrian team, UU has it.
It's simple really. They are much more physical than Oregon and it shows.

All I know is if you're a former assistant of Bill Belichick in the NFL or Nick Saban in college, you don't want to see them. For God's sake, they own their asses.

I have been a Blake Anderson fan for a long time.

And Bama is the best team in the land. And that is saying something because UGA is awesome.

And it's official. Oregon is broken. How many 4 star guys transfer out of Eugene? Hello next 'sort of' blue blood to the scrap pile of has beens.

I have been a Blake Anderson fan for a long time.

And Bama is the best team in the land. And that is saying something because UGA is awesome.
My point's been he's a guy we are going to need to take a serious look at when we do replace this staff barring something nobody on here sees coming.

Back