What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

I'm curious how many times he has to say this before people start believing him. He's staying as long as things are good.

"Deion has done everything wrong and will fail spectacularly! But I secretly believe and refuse to acknowledge that he's killing it, will dominate, and create major problems for every other program so I'm also going to say he's leaving CU for any SEC, B1G, NFL or other better job at the first opportunity." - Signed, Most Fans, Opposing Coaches, and Media

"Deion has done everything wrong and will fail spectacularly! But I secretly believe and refuse to acknowledge that he's killing it, will dominate, and create major problems for every other program so I'm also going to say he's leaving CU for any SEC, B1G, NFL or other better job at the first opportunity." - Signed, Most Fans, Opposing Coaches, and Media
It’s wild to me seeing CSU fans saying they can’t wait for him to leave us after this year 🤣

THE RMS IS ON CBS! And you want Deion Sanders to leave the state?

It’s wild to me seeing CSU fans saying they can’t wait for him to leave us after this year 🤣

CSU fans would rather see their own team suck and their AD financially crash if it meant that CU was also a laughingstock vs having to live in a world where CU was a media darling that regularly made the CFB Playoffs.

My impression of them over the years is that they spend much more energy cheering against CU than they do cheering for CSU.

I've seen a few posters here say the same thing and I understand the skepticism. CP continues to repeat it when he doesn't have to. The last thing he's going to do is set himself up to look like a liar.

I've seen a few posters here say the same thing and I understand the skepticism. CP continues to repeat it when he doesn't have to. The last thing he's going to do is set himself up to look like a liar.
This.

He always qualified how long he would stay at his pro teams with a "as long as ____ is true, I'll be here," and he did exactly what he said.

The very few qualifications I hear him saying now are well within the university's control, if they're even there at all.

Which means that I have no reason to doubt him.

What toes?

Feet Oh No You Didnt GIF

Reddit is gobbling up that bull**** story. I want to win because losing sucks, but I want to win even more to make the keyboard warriors shut the **** up.

Along these lines I was talking to a guy the other day who is a relative of Marvin Ham and he went to the USC game and was going off how Ham was telling him things how basically Prime is just there for himself, only calls guys by his numbers and that it was inexplicable as to why he got benched. I honestly didn't remember much about Ham but went back thru the threads and looked and see that some here thought it was indeed strange that he got benched but what nobody outside the program seems to consider is that this was likely a decision made by either Kelly or Hart. I also saw people on here wishing him well when he entered the portal and also @Buffnik speculated that he probably already got his undergrad degree.

Bottom line is people are gonna believe what they hear from a player they know or like and never consider that the other side of things. Particularly when it comes to the guys who transferred out. And oh yea, he ended up at Arkansas State.

Along these lines I was talking to a guy the other day who is a relative of Marvin Ham and he went to the USC game and was going off how Ham was telling him things how basically Prime is just there for himself, only calls guys by his numbers and that it was inexplicable as to why he got benched. I honestly didn't remember much about Ham but went back thru the threads and looked and see that some here thought it was indeed strange that he got benched but what nobody outside the program seems to consider is that this was likely a decision made by either Kelly or Hart. I also saw people on here wishing him well when he entered the portal and also @Buffnik speculated that he probably already got his undergrad degree.

Bottom line is people are gonna believe what they hear from a player they know or like and never consider that the other side of things. Particularly when it comes to the guys who transferred out. And oh yea, he ended up at Arkansas State.
I just think CP didn't want any of those guys. If you look at the guys left, they are all walk-ons besides Trevor woods and Offerdahl.

Sounds a lot like Marvin has found a way to justify to himself not reaching the potential on the field he’d hoped to reach.

Hey, we’ve all done that, especially when we were younger: blame someone else for our personal disappointments.

I dang well know the Fairview football coach should have figured out how I could do both football AND the school play. Forcing me to pick one was personal and unfair, and he obviously didn’t understand my real potential. He didn’t even know my name. Sure, I had only been to one practice. So what?

Not the same? Don’t judge me. ;)

Last edited:
Vic really wants an interview. Hes one of the few in Denver media that tries to be objective regarding CU, imo.

Eh, he doesn’t pay attention to CU much anymore and therefore doesn’t know anything about the team and what’s going on, and on top of it has been salty about Prime’s lack of local media appearances. Maybe the latter is what’s affecting the former, but still.

I guess my definition of subjective in this case is him not going into attack mode because CP won't do interviews. More than I can say for hacks like Dmac, sean Keeler, denver post, etc.

CSU fans would rather see their own team suck and their AD financially crash if it meant that CU was also a laughingstock vs having to live in a world where CU was a media darling that regularly made the CFB Playoffs.

My impression of them over the years is that they spend much more energy cheering against CU than they do cheering for CSU.
100% accurate. If they had the choice of being ranked every year, but ranked below CU every year or both teams sucking, they would rather CU suck alongside them.

Eh, he doesn’t pay attention to CU much anymore and therefore doesn’t know anything about the team and what’s going on, and on top of it has been salty about Prime’s lack of local media appearances. Maybe the latter is what’s affecting the former, but still.
This is the original post. I do find it weird that VIc doesn't acknowledge why CP would operate this way.

Back