What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

Yes - and he remains bitter that Prime doesn't do local media
Vic and college football is a strange combination as he seemingly can’t talk about it without bringing up his beloved Notre Dame. But then I think he’s been out of touch a little in general since he went to Altitude.

I don't blame the lack of knowledge on the roster. There are die hard CU fans on this site who have said they don't know who most guys are, and CU runs 4th or 5th in this state behind Broncos, Nuggets, Avs, and maybe Rockies in terms of sports radio talk.

The OSU and Utah takes are just the common sentiment nationally. CU is definitely a double digit dog to both of those programs if the lines came out today.

The Shedeur draft status take is definitely ignorant. All you have to do is pull up a 2025 draft analysis and see the draft experts say Shedeur is a top 5-10 pick at worst.
Yeah that's fair, just very dumb to hear ignorant people talk about a team like they know what's going on.

Claiming SS2 is a borderline 1st round pick was by far the dumbest. They said they brought in good talent on the OL but spoke in generic platitudes.

Yes - and he remains bitter that Prime doesn't do local media
Funny how that works. Vic did very little CU coverage besides surfacing to lobby for Dave Logan when we had a coaching search. Now that CU will drive ratings more than any other Colorado sports topic and doesn't rely on local coverage, he's butthurt that Prime CU doesn't kiss the ring of local media.

Cam always seemed like a good kid to me, just a little quiet. Seemed like one of the guys who puts a lot of effort in day in and day out, but honestly I didn't have much of an opinion on him other than that. This speech here is awesome. I'm a huge fan now. I think the fact that he's so quiet, and seems to work really hard, will hit differently with his teammates than if a vocal guy went up there and said this. This was passionate and from the heart, and I don't care how good of a team you're on, you need to hear this kind of reality check message from time to time. You can tell this team has a significantly different mentality than last year.

Cam always seemed like a good kid to me, just a little quiet. Seemed like one of the guys who puts a lot of effort in day in and day out, but honestly I didn't have much of an opinion on him other than that. This speech here is awesome. I'm a huge fan now. I think the fact that he's so quiet, and seems to work really hard, will hit differently with his teammates than if a vocal guy went up there and said this. This was passionate and from the heart, and I don't care how good of a team you're on, you need to hear this kind of reality check message from time to time. You can tell this team has a significantly different mentality than last year.

Me after that...
X Men Juggernaut GIF

The video posted by Bucky cuts from one angle to another in a way that makes it look faked.

So the meme format is to cut clips together that are obviously not the same instance.
I've seen a couple people say it was Bucky but I saw it posted by the CU account? Did they just take his video and repost it?

I've seen a couple people say it was Bucky but I saw it posted by the CU account? Did they just take his video and repost it?
yep. CU account posted with the "darts only" caption, but that two camera cut was also in the main well off youtube video from the day.

Cool practice jerseys

I know doom is your bit, but RK is spot on when he talked about the best part of being a fan. It’s the highs and lows. You have to go through lows to fully enjoy the highs.

I did not comment upon or disagree with this bit of wisdom. It's a key part of doom. Without the highs, the soul crushing pain of the depths would not hurt as it should

I think I would prefer a decade like Saban's Bama. The sort of "lows" they had to suffer would not cause me to feel less joy.
They had artificial lows under Saban. “Uh oh, we got to the championship game again but this time we lost. Things horrible. Everyone must be fired!” That’s not a real roller coaster. That’s like the kiddie coaster.

They had artificial lows under Saban. “Uh oh, we got to the championship game again but this time we lost. Things horrible. Everyone must be fired!” That’s not a real roller coaster. That’s like the kiddie coaster.
I'm with you 100% on the "need lows to experience highs", but it's hard to conceive how a run like Alabama's for one of my teams would impact that.

I'm with you 100% on the "need lows to experience highs", but it's hard to conceive how a run like Alabama's for one of my teams would impact that.
My thought is that those who are long time fans, who experienced success under Bear Bryant, then some years in the desert with Shula, and other unsuccessful teams, to then have success again under Saban, would know about highs and lows, and probably enjoy the Saban years more. But the bandwagon fans who joined Bama only when Saban was winning, would not enjoy it to the same degree. If that makes sense.

My thought is that those who are long time fans, who experienced success under Bear Bryant, then some years in the desert with Shula, and other unsuccessful teams, to then have success again under Saban, would know about highs and lows, and probably enjoy the Saban years more. But the bandwagon fans who joined Bama only when Saban was winning, would not enjoy it to the same degree. If that makes sense.
Total sense

the standard is the standard. CP and now CU will be the subject of attacks here forward, win or lose. even a NC down the road won't change this.

hate away bitches. and, today is a good day in Buff land-- a fish wrap "reporter" now sleeps with the fishes, career-wise.

Back