What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

I mean, I have never liked Jizla, and a lot of the **** he writes has gotten under my skin in the past, but objectively speaking I don’t really see a problem with this article. The history is there to make this a fair question to ask. Boulder is not a diverse town, and AA athletes have sometimes not been treated fairly. Openly asking the question of how CP will respond when one of his players ends up on the police blotter, and the anti football crowd becomes vocal, is a fair position IMO. I would be lying if I didn’t admit to wondering the same thing (I expect CP to pass with flying colors, but I’ll still wonder until I see it). Disagree with CJ all you want, but he knows from experience.
I don’t think the article is out of bounds, but I think it’s lame to speculate about that kind of stuff and say you’re “scared” before anything has happened. Was CJ scared when Tupou punched a kid at a party and got arrested. Was he scared when Carson Lee put a kid in the hospital? Was CJ scared about the reaction to Joe Tumpkin beating his girlfriend? There are plenty of instances over the past 10 years of players (and coaches) having police involvement, but not a single word.

This is a time for celebrating the CU football program, not asking unwarranted questions about possible hypothetical scenarios just because a higher caliber of athlete is being recruited to Boulder. Did any JSU kids have serious issues with LEO during Primes tenure?

I don’t think the article is out of bounds, but I think it’s lame to speculate about that kind of stuff and say you’re “scared” before anything has happened. Was CJ scared when Tupou punched a kid at a party and got arrested. Was he scared when Carson Lee put a kid in the hospital? Was CJ scared about the reaction to Joe Tumpkin beating his girlfriend? There are plenty of instances over the past 10 years of players (and coaches) having police involvement, but not a single word.

This is a time for celebrating the CU football program, not asking unwarranted questions about possible hypothetical scenarios just because a higher caliber of athlete is being recruited to Boulder. Did any JSU kids have serious issues with LEO during Primes tenure?
I guess I viewed it more as an acknowledgment that we are about to be good very soon, and all eyes are going to be on CU, and he’s nervous about how that aspect will go….because he really wants it to go well. We stopped being good because of the last time it didn’t go well. To ignore that these high profile players don’t get in trouble and don’t always handle the spot light well is naive. We are living in a reality show RN. Everyone is watching.

I guess I viewed it more as an acknowledgment that we are about to be good very soon, and all eyes are going to be on CU, and he’s nervous about how that aspect will go….because he really wants it to go well. We stopped being good because of the last time it didn’t go well. To ignore that these high profile players don’t get in trouble and don’t always handle the spot light well is naive. We are living in a reality show RN. Everyone is watching.
There’s just no need for a former great player to put that kind of skepticism into the public sphere before anything has happened, especially when someone like Kiszla is writing it.

There’s just no need for a former great player to put that kind of skepticism into the public sphere before anything has happened, especially when someone like Kiszla is writing it.
He’s not saying that the program is gonna tank because of bad behavior. He’s not even being critical of Coach Prime in anyway, and is openly saying he is the quite literally the second coming. He’s openly pondering a historical concern. I can see wanting all sunshine and rainbows until the first loss. I am just saying that I personally don’t see a problem. It’s all good, I know where you’re coming from too.

CJ is one of, if not THE smartest and most insightful members of the local sports media. He is also one of the greatest Buffs of all time.

His comments and opinions on CU should be taken seriously.
stripes lighten GIF

For anyone that bought a Prime Sweatshirt, have you run into it shrinking a considerable amount after the first wash/dry cycle? Anything I've ever gotten from that company that was CU branded shrinks and I ALWAYS wash on cool unless warm is absolutely necessary and I always dry on low. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

For anyone that bought a Prime Sweatshirt, have you run into it shrinking a considerable amount after the first wash/dry cycle? Anything I've ever gotten from that company that was CU branded shrinks and I ALWAYS wash on cool unless warm is absolutely necessary and I always dry on low. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Cold wash. Hang or lay dry only

Delicate (Cold) wash, dry on permanent press with extra dry. I haven't noticed it shrinking much, but it is already degrading in terms of the lettering. For the price, it isn't a high quality piece of clothing, which is unfortunate.

Back