What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime Needs To Find House 1 Mile From Campus

Just back from Patagonia, and stayed in a place in El Calafete (about as far south as Anchorage Alaska is north), late summer there. The entire floor was heated 24/7, with only one operable window in our room, it would get so hot. I complained and they said that I was a minority. Ok. I tried to appeal using the slant that they were "wasting energy" and they informed me that it was geothermal and thus a negligible amount of energy (which is true).

So "heated floors" proved to be a ****ty solution for a hotel. But given it was heated geothermally, I'm ok with it.

Just back from Patagonia, and stayed in a place in El Calafete (about as far south as Anchorage Alaska is north), late summer there. The entire floor was heated 24/7, with only one operable window in our room, it would get so hot. I complained and they said that I was a minority. Ok. I tried to appeal using the slant that they were "wasting energy" and they informed me that it was geothermal and thus a negligible amount of energy (which is true).

So "heated floors" proved to be a ****ty solution for a hotel. But given it was heated geothermally, I'm ok with it.
Jeez Karen

You poor soul

The video didn’t show much of the home’s living space so I’m assuming Prime is having upgrades made and is in the process of furnishing it.

BTW, does anyone know if he has sold his other residences? Doesn’t he have properties in Dallas/Ft. Worth and Jackson? I’d be curious to know that.

The video didn’t show much of the home’s living space so I’m assuming Prime is having upgrades made and is in the process of furnishing it.

BTW, does anyone know if he has sold his other residences? Doesn’t he have properties in Dallas/Ft. Worth and Jackson? I’d be curious to know that.
I would also like to know what risk profile and funds he has selected for his 401K.

If you're curious, there's this thing called Google or even an allbuffs search function, because, you know, that's the sort of thing we'd discuss.

If you're curious, there's this thing called Google or even an allbuffs search function, because, you know, that's the sort of thing we'd discuss.
Well, I thought, maybe, someone already has the answer.

It ain't that hard to find. But I'll keep that to myself.

LLC usually doesn't work. In some states you must identify the owner. Others, you always identify a manager.

The best way to do this stuff is to acquire in a revocable trust with a random name, and have someone else (like a business manager) act as trustee (because that person is named on the deed).
True, but even then you need an address and that address can often times be tracked back to the real owner via a business or family office. Using an attorney's address can work, but who wants to pay attorney's fees for that?

If someone wants to find out where you live, they probably will be able to fairly easily.

Interestingly enough, I just tried that and our LLC in Colorado didn't come up but a few with the same name in other states did. I think to find us you'd have to first go to the Colorado Sec of State website, but that's easy to do and your overall point is well taken.
Yep, between the SOS and the county assessor websites, you can find out a LOT of information.

Our new townhome in Silverthorne has a radiant floor heating system. No traditional ductwork in the place at all. It has taken a few adjustments by a plumber to get the system to stay within a few degrees of where you set the thermostat and the whole thing runs off a boiler in lieu of a furnace. Apparently it is hyper efficient, but you don’t want to monkey with thermostat settings as it takes hours to change the temperature.

I haven’t confirmed, but I have to believe it is a Summit County code requirement. I don’t believe for a second this builder put it in because they wanted to do so.

So far, my utility bill hasn’t been any higher in winter than the last place despite being substantially bigger but it is still early days.
We were looking at radiant in floor heat for our remodel until we saw the cost - $90k. We have decided to stick with hot water radiant baseboard heat instead for roughly 1/3 that cost. Do not want forced air in the mountains. Everything is already dry enough.

air to air heat pumps and geothermal are completely different things.
Yeah, I get thrown a bit by the use of the term "geothermal" in this thread because I keep thinking of the straightforward geothermal heating associated with Iceland, i.e. natural geothermal steam.

Last edited:

You do W?

Is Prime still looking for a house?

Maybe stay clear of the basement
The last time (or two - I've lost track) it sold, it was well under market value. That doesn't seem to be the case any more. It's been 27 years...

Former AD Tharp’s ranch is for sale for $7.5 Million. Prime just settled in, but he should really think about this upgrade!
IMG_9597.jpegIMG_9598.jpeg

Honestly, for $7.5 mill expect something a bit more upmarket, looks pretty cheap & bland inside (reflective of the owner)

And for 1.5 million, I'd expect more than 1500 square feet, but that's how it goes in Boulder.

Back