What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Body bag paychecks have lower ROI now that G5 opponents are commanding a $1M appearance fee.

They’re still playing 12 games. The risk of injury is mostly random and definitely not exclusive to conference games.
Yeah, they're not worried about injury risk.

They're worried about "one additional loss."

50% of their conference is guaranteed to get a loss in that extra game, and it's not always going to be the "worse" team that gets the loss.

Keep in mind this 8 game conference schedule is just for the 2024 season and they will revisit it for 2025 and beyond. And as I mentioned earlier, hopefully they go to 9 games at that point.

50% of their conference is guaranteed to get a loss in that extra game, and it's not always going to be the "worse" team that gets the loss.
Finishing 6-6 with a trip to the Acid Reflux Bowl is a looked at much differently for many programs than 5-7 and the Holidays at home.

And we have seen over recent years a few examples of teams knocked out of the playoff by a late season loss to a good but not great conference opponent.

Yep. Half their conference was 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5 last year. The “depth” of the SEC looks a bit difference if those teams are 4-8, 5-7, and 6-6 while 3-4 teams who made bowls end up missing one.

USC is flying off to Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. 👍
And UCLA goes to Rutgers. However, USC @ Penn State and Michigan @ USC are both going to be 10m-15m+ viewer games, which is exactly what FOX, NBC and CBS are paying billions for. Hell, Wisconsin @ USC is easily a 4m+ viewer game as will Ohio State @ UCLA and UCLA @ Michigan.

That conference is doing it right. 9 conference games, 3 permanent rivals with 6 rotating. Best matchups every week on FOX, CBS and prime time NBC just like the NFL setup. From a pure CFB fan standpoint, the B1G is going to be awesome in 2024

You can cue those "Texas is back" memes just for the fun of it but Ewers is killing it this offseason after winning the QB job over Arch Manning during the spring. I'm sure OU will be right there to challenge the Longhorns in their final season of Big 12 play.

CU has to face three of those top 10 QBs this season in Williams, Nix, and Rising. Could be a fun season to watch.

Love to see teams moving to an on campus stadium especially after playing in an NFL stadium. It obviously doesn't happen very often but Minnesota is another one that comes to mind. SDSU too although I don't think their new stadium is on campus. Also CSU.

There's been some talk about Miami building either an in campus stadium or one very close to campus but that seems to have stalled.

Love to see teams moving to an on campus stadium especially after playing in an NFL stadium. It obviously doesn't happen very often but Minnesota is another one that comes to mind. SDSU too although I don't think their new stadium is on campus. Also CSU.

There's been some talk about Miami building either an in campus stadium or one very close to campus but that seems to have stalled.

SDSU is annexing or has annexed the land where the former Chargers stadium stood so you could say it is "on campus".

MLS also just awarded San Diego the 30th MLS franchise and will play at Snapdragon Stadium.

LSU football vacated every win between the 2012-15 seasons after receiving a notice of allegations from the NCAA, according to a decision released by the Independent Resolution Panel that wrapped up infractions cases involving the school.

LSU vacated all 37 wins, including two bowl victories, because former offensive lineman Vadal Alexander competed while ineligible his entire career.

link

heh - the nubs are going to struggle to get to .500 in 2025. Probably their most difficult schedule in school history - including the old big 8 days when CU and OU were top 15 teams.

And, the best thing is it will give them an excuse to stick another year with a failing coach. "Yeah, he didn't make a bowl in year 3, but it was NU's most difficult schedule in history."

Doesn’t say if the probation means no postseason or if it’s just walking on thin ice kinda deal

Doesn’t say if the probation means no postseason or if it’s just walking on thin ice kinda deal
animal house dean GIF

Ryan Mallett, former Arkansas QB and NFL'er dead at 35.

Drowned. Hearing he was caught in a riptide.
Swim parallel to shore, then once you're out of the current swim back to shore.

I've seen riptides from the air, they look scary.

I was also caught in a weak one on a beach in Mexico when I was in 6-7 year old range. A strong swimmer literally saved my life.

That experience served as serious motivation to be an ideal student at future summer swim lessons. Looking back, I find it interesting that it didn't make me shorebound for life. I have zero idea what it was that tipped me one way or the other, because now I can see that it could easily have gone the other way.

Mallett is at least the 11th person to drown in the last two weeks on the Redneck Riviera. Riptide is deceivingly dangerous in that area and can catch you in shallow water, don’t go swimming if you see the red flag.

Mallett is at least the 11th person to drown in the last two weeks on the Redneck Riviera. Riptide is deceivingly dangerous in that area and can catch you in shallow water, don’t go swimming if you see the red flag.
I read that and was shocked by that number. People are disregarding the warnings they're putting out about the riptides.

Back