What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

What a boring time of year. No transfer signings, no departures, no fall practice news, looks like big declines for men's and women's hoops this year, no Nuggets, Broncos camp news is the HC telling everyone how he alone thinks Nix is the savior (scary), no Avs and the Rockies organization is trash as usual (such a shame, that park can be electric if ownership would build and spend correctly). I log in here 2-3 times a day, Yak is uncharacteristically quiet - we need news, updates, tweets. This may be the closest I've been to being addicted to something - Need my Buff news (and good news at that).

Appy State and Boise State doing a home and home. 2025 in Boise and 2027 in Boone NC. Could be a fun one.

Hope those schools can afford charter because otherwise that's a long travel day.

I tend to agree with this in the pre-2024 B1G. That conference had a handful of games every year worth watching, but was mostly garbage. How they became the leader in TV $$$ and one of the two premier conferences is a travesty and another indictment of the management of the Pac 12, IMO, as they should have done everything possible to secure OU an UT (among others) when they had the chance.

Watch out, Yak, here come the folks to remind everyone that a top 10 matchup featuring Penn State and Iowa who each punt 12 times is 'fun to watch, actually, for the true connoisseurs. Only plebes think it's boring or uninteresting."

I agree with the 'mostly unwatchable' part because I'll watch Michigan/OSU, but otherwise a 13-10 game between top teams or a Northwestern/Indiana game have 0 appeal for me.

These posts eek jealousy. Suggesting 19/20 B1G games are "unwatchable" is a ridiculous statement.

Agree with first sentence.

Second sentence...

It's a little hyperbolic, but I wouldn't bring it to the "ridiculous" level.

On any given Saturday around 1/3-1/2 of the B1G games are shít. They are shítty matchups between shítty teams in shítty locations.

The next group of games could maybe be interesting to fans beyond the two schools playing, but unless I'm hate watching the nubs, I've been interested in actually watching maybe 2-3 B1G games/season for the past decade or so.

With the new additions to the conference, I feel like that number will probably triple for years one & two, but long term they will have probably doubled the number of games I'll be interested in watching. All the way up to 4-5 games/year.

So "unwatchable" is hyperbolic, but to say 19/20 are uninteresting to most fans of most other teams feels pretty damn accurate to me.

Agree with first sentence.

Second sentence...

It's a little hyperbolic, but I wouldn't bring it to the "ridiculous" level.

On any given Saturday around 1/3-1/2 of the B1G games are shít. They are shítty matchups between shítty teams in shítty locations.

The next group of games could maybe be interesting to fans beyond the two schools playing, but unless I'm hate watching the nubs, I've been interested in actually watching maybe 2-3 B1G games/season for the past decade or so.

With the new additions to the conference, I feel like that number will probably triple for years one & two, but long term they will have probably doubled the number of games I'll be interested in watching. All the way up to 4-5 games/year.

So "unwatchable" is hyperbolic, but to say 19/20 are uninteresting to most fans of most other teams feels pretty damn accurate to me.
So you’re trying to tell me the Maryland at Minnesota or Wisconsin at Northwestern or Iowa at Rutgers doesn’t get you all juicy and moist?

What a boring time of year. No transfer signings, no departures, no fall practice news, looks like big declines for men's and women's hoops this year, no Nuggets, Broncos camp news is the HC telling everyone how he alone thinks Nix is the savior (scary), no Avs and the Rockies organization is trash as usual (such a shame, that park can be electric if ownership would build and spend correctly). I log in here 2-3 times a day, Yak is uncharacteristically quiet - we need news, updates, tweets. This may be the closest I've been to being addicted to something - Need my Buff news (and good news at that).
Not a big college baseball fan? I hate pro baseball and the NCAA playoffs is insanity. How the hell did Evansville make it out of a regional.
Best part of college baseball is they make a ton of errors, pitching is suspect, and they also have a pitch clock. Unlike the pros, nothing can be taken for granted.

So you’re trying to tell me the Maryland at Minnesota or Wisconsin at Northwestern or Iowa at Rutgers doesn’t get you all juicy and moist?
Of the old B1G, Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State are really the only consistently intriguing teams to watch independent of their opponent. Add Oregon and SC to that group now, IMO. There are probably 4-5 other programs that, in the right matchup, pulls a national audience and can be watchable, but 2/3 of the conference is in that Illinois/Rutgers category of unwatchable.

Of the old B1G, Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State are really the only consistently intriguing teams to watch independent of their opponent. Add Oregon and SC to that group now, IMO. There are probably 4-5 other programs that, in the right matchup, pulls a national audience and can be watchable, but 2/3 of the conference is in that Illinois/Rutgers category of unwatchable.
I will typically only watch Penn State / Mich / Ohio State if they are playing each other..in the hopes that OSU or Mich lose. But I won’t watch those teams play Indiana or NW.
It will be interesting with the new schools - where I think I will actually root FOR OSU to beat all of them. I want Oregon and USC to fall flat on their face.

Last edited:
This is interesting. I don’t have a sub so I don’t know the context around why they have to build a n on campus studio, but man this is a painful thing to swallow, along with the NCAA settlement and increased travel costs, if you’re UW.

All joking aside I'm surprised they didn't already have an on-campus studio for the Pac12 Network because I thought all the conference networks required one.

All joking aside I'm surprised they didn't already have an on-campus studio for the Pac12 Network because I thought all the conference networks required one.
Iirc, the original concept was for PACN to develop on-campus studios so that there would be efficiencies along with enhanced educational opportunities for broadcasting and production. Instead, Larry Scott and his rubberstampers representing members like Oregon State decided to pursue the brilliant strategy of avoiding any profitability or university enhancement by spending a fortune creating something in NoCal to compete with the capabilities of major networks and go it alone.

Not a big college baseball fan? I hate pro baseball and the NCAA playoffs is insanity. How the hell did Evansville make it out of a regional.
Best part of college baseball is they make a ton of errors, pitching is suspect, and they also have a pitch clock. Unlike the pros, nothing can be taken for granted.

I really enjoy the college baseball regionals, super regionals and CWS. Granted I don't actually sit down and watch a whole lot of it but I follow it closely and will usually have a game on in the background, and if there's a game that's close in late innings I will switch to that one. Along those lines, pretty dramatic finish in Chapel Hill last night with UNC getting the late comeback and walk-off against WVU.

As for Evansville that is a crazy one. They won their opening game in the ECU regional in Greenville but ECU came back thru the losers bracket and forced a winner take all game on Monday against Evansville. Another heartbreaker for ECU baseball, that's one fan base that I really feel bad for and they have tremendous support for that team. Evansville will likely lose in 2 straight in Knoxville and already got beat soundly in game 1.

I really enjoy the college baseball regionals, super regionals and CWS. Granted I don't actually sit down and watch a whole lot of it but I follow it closely and will usually have a game on in the background, and if there's a game that's close in late innings I will switch to that one. Along those lines, pretty dramatic finish in Chapel Hill last night with UNC getting the late comeback and walk-off against WVU.

As for Evansville that is a crazy one. They won their opening game in the ECU regional in Greenville but ECU came back thru the losers bracket and forced a winner take all game on Monday against Evansville. Another heartbreaker for ECU baseball, that's one fan base that I really feel bad for and they have tremendous support for that team. Evansville will likely lose in 2 straight in Knoxville and already got beat soundly in game 1.
I’m m really rooting for K State. They dismantled Arkansas (🤬) and they are in the supers with Virginia. I root against UVA bc my daughter’s ex-boyfriend starts for them and he’s kind of a douchey/winey b****

I’ve got good news….I got laid last night

I’ve got good news….I got laid last night
Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Ben L

Sark definitely has the pressure this year of not only being fully expected to make the playoff but also make some noise once they get there.
Making the playoff won’t be all that hard, relatively, since it goes to 12 teams. I saw a prediction of 5 SEC teams making it. The expectations are definitely winning a Natty in the next 2 years, though.

Back