What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

NAU got blown out at Hawaii. Not a big surprise.

Back to the Cal 1-point win at Oregon State. I just saw on ESPN that Cal got to shoot technicals before the game clock started because a guy from Oregon State dunked during warm-ups. Cal began the game up 1-0. Poor Beavs. :lol:

Poor us. Would have been nice for Cal to drop to 6 losses. Pac-12 Dance bids are great and all, but that's secondary. I'm trying to get our Buffs a top 4 seed.

Poor us. Would have been nice for Cal to drop to 6 losses. Pac-12 Dance bids are great and all, but that's secondary. I'm trying to get our Buffs a top 4 seed.

With Cal, we control our own destiny. Beat them and we get seeded ahead of them. ASU's the team I'm looking at that we need the help with. Washington's got a 32-28 halftime lead and then ASU finishes @ UCLA, @ USC, @ Arizona. We're only a game back of them in the standings and really need them to start losing.

With Cal, we control our own destiny. Beat them and we get seeded ahead of them. ASU's the team I'm looking at that we need the help with. Washington's got a 32-28 halftime lead and then ASU finishes @ UCLA, @ USC, @ Arizona. We're only a game back of them in the standings and really need them to start losing.

Plus, after that crap in Boulder last week, I just want to watch them lose....

I actually heard the announcers talking during the first half about how ASsU's big men had size, but didn't play physical. Interesting take... :huh:

Plus, after that crap in Boulder last week, I just want to watch them lose....

I actually heard the announcers talking during the first half about how ASsU's big men had size, but didn't play physical. Interesting take... :huh:

They're kind of Christian Laettner physical. Dirty and tough in their own way, but not intimidating.

Edit: Washington up by 12 with 12:28 to play.

I hear you, but my main concern is Cal's favorable schedule compared to ours. We control our destiny, I just don't trust us, even if we beat Cal, that we didn't lose at Stanford or lose to Oregon.

Washington is now up 49-37 on ASU. This would be excellent if they can hold on...hope it causes ASU to crash and burn in their brutal final 3 games.

I hear you, but my main concern is Cal's favorable schedule compared to ours. We control our destiny, I just don't trust us, even if we beat Cal, that we didn't lose at Stanford or lose to Oregon.

Washington is now up 49-37 on ASU. This would be excellent if they can hold on...hope it causes ASU to crash and burn in their brutal final 3 games.

I'll take it if we get a gift. No complaints. But my attitude is that if they want the bye, they need to earn it by winning their last 4 games. Hopefully the team is thinking with that sense of urgency too. Starting with singular focus on taking down a Stanford team that's lost 3/4 and we took by 19 in Boulder.

I'll take it if we get a gift. No complaints. But my attitude is that if they want the bye, they need to earn it by winning their last 4 games. Hopefully the team is thinking with that sense of urgency too. Starting with singular focus on taking down a Stanford team that's lost 3/4 and we took by 19 in Boulder.

Stanford needs to be a win, no doubt. That's the type of game NCAA Tournament teams go and win this time of year.

Washington trying to hold on for dear life, 59-56 with 330 remaining. Come on Huskies

Washington gets the win over Arizona State in Tempe. ASU's bubble likely just burst. Good. More importantly, it drops ASU to 6 losses. We may not have the most favorable schedule to finish, but it looks lovely compared to ASU, who has at UCLA, at USC, at Arizona to finish the regular season. Have to be feeling good about finishing ahead of them now, even with the tiebreaker situation.

Edit -- ASU's RPI falls to 88th, from 73rd. They are toast.

Last edited:
Heading into Sunday, CU's RPI is 29th. We tumbled 2 spots today, but good things happened for the resume with Murray State getting back in the top 100, and Texas Southern's surge continuing as they're now top 200.

Kansas 5th
Arizona 11th
Colorado State 15th
Cal 40th
UCLA 39th
Oregon 47th
Baylor 64th
Wyoming 66th
Stanford 67th
Washington 74th
Air Force 75th
Arizona State 88th
Murray State 94th
Southern Cal 102nd
Dayton 124th
Fresno State 158th
Utah 177th
Hartford 178th
Oregon State 185th
Washington State 191st
Texas Southern 197th
Wofford 238th
Northern Arizona 254th

Currently, 4 top 50 wins, 8 top 100 wins..and USC right on the edge at 102

Still the slimmest of hope that we could pull into a 3-way tie with Oregon and UCLA.

If that happened, I believe we'd get the 2-seed.

For this hypothetical, it would play out as:

Oregon beat UCLA
UCLA beat CU
CU beat Oregon twice

CU: 2-1
UCLA: 1-1
UO: 1-2

Win these last 4 and some crazy stuff could happen.

P.S. If that happened, we'd probably be 1 or 2 games behind Zona. So without that buzzer beater call we would either be ahead of them or tied with them and win the regular season title with the 2-0 tiebreaker record against them.

Barring a UCLA collapse, I see very few paths to a PAC-12 first round bye. Cal's victory over OSU really hurt in that respect because I don't see them losing another game (except CU of course).

Barring a UCLA collapse, I see very few paths to a PAC-12 first round bye. Cal's victory over OSU really hurt in that respect because I don't see them losing another game (except CU of course).
Our only shot at a top 4 seed is to win out. Do that and we'd have 12 wins and hold the tiebreaker over Cal. Realistically, I'd be happy winning 3 of 4, which would probably get us ahead of ASU (I see them finishing at 10 wins). That would likely set up games against WSU and Cal in the first two rounds. Even if we lost in the semis, that's a good chance at two additional conference tourney wins.

Our only shot at a top 4 seed is to win out. Do that and we'd have 12 wins and hold the tiebreaker over Cal. Realistically, I'd be happy winning 3 of 4, which would probably get us ahead of ASU (I see them finishing at 10 wins). That would likely set up games against WSU and Cal in the first two rounds. Even if we lost in the semis, that's a good chance at two additional conference tourney wins.

I didn't take into consideration the tie-break. So you are saying there is a chance? :smile2:

We aren't getting a top 4 seed unless those teams collapse, we blew that chance against asu . That's the problems with young teams! Next year, we won't be so up and down. I hope for a 5 seed again because Boyle is great on neutral courts. As long as we take care of business at home, we should make the tourney.

We aren't getting a top 4 seed unless those teams collapse, we blew that chance against asu . That's the problems with young teams! Next year, we won't be so up and down. I hope for a 5 seed again because Boyle is great on neutral courts. As long as we take care of business at home, we should make the tourney.

ASU has to go to Arizona, USC, and UCLA. There's no way they win all three. And if we win out, we'll be tied with Cal and have the tiebreaker over them. So no, it won't take a collapse from anyone, we control our own destiny. That said, I do think we'll probably drop one on the road and agree that the 5 seed is probably the most realistic goal right now.

True but Assu still has the tiebreaker against us, but I can see them losing all three so it is a moot point hopefully...It sucks cal went off because we would be in a good position to get the four seed. Looking at the schedule, cal plays Thursday \saturday and we play Wednesday/Saturday, that extra day of rest is huge, asu took advantage of it against us and I think we can beat cal because we matchup so well with them.

I hope we can get one win on the road, two wins would be fantastic but we aren't there yet, hopefully Scott is a go against Stanford

ASU has to go to Arizona, USC, and UCLA. There's no way they win all three. And if we win out, we'll be tied with Cal and have the tiebreaker over them. So no, it won't take a collapse from anyone, we control our own destiny. That said, I do think we'll probably drop one on the road and agree that the 5 seed is probably the most realistic goal right now.

There is absolutely positively no chance the Buffs win all four of their remaining conference games.

We will have a decent opportunity in all of remaining games and much more so than ASU. I like our position better than ASU.

4 in a row, with 2 on the road against good teams, seems daunting.

Beat Stanford. That's what I really care about right now. I'll worry about Cal after that.

It's fun to speculate and I don't feel like we should lose any of the individual games - just that getting all of them when there's not much margin for error would be very hard to do. But I've also seen Tad teams go out and get games at the end of the season before. I'm cautiously confident.

4 in a row, with 2 on the road against good teams, seems daunting.

Beat Stanford. That's what I really care about right now. I'll worry about Cal after that.

It's fun to speculate and I don't feel like we should lose any of the individual games - just that getting all of them when there's not much margin for error would be very hard to do. But I've also seen Tad teams go out and get games at the end of the season before. I'm cautiously confident.
This. While I don't think finishing 4-0 is the most likely outcome, there's certainly a decent chance we can do it. And honestly, I'm OK with the 5 seed if it comes to that, so I'm not going to sweat a loss too bad.

UCLA laying it on USC at the Galen Center. Assuming it holds, this will drop USC to 7-7, while UCLA will improve to 10-4.

The 5 seed might be better for us anyway. One extra game that will probably be a win.

But it may drop our RPI slightly.

Yeah, one extra win pads the record, but it does absolutely nothing to help your Big Dance hopes or seeding. All you're doing is risking a bad loss to seriously damage yourself, and tiring yourself out

Back