What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Oregon State

I love how some people think that Hagan should be exempt from criticism because he was a big part of the glory years. It's time for the Buffs to move on from him as a coach.
Exempt from criticism? I'm simply pointing out, you can't blame a coach who has no players. Not DH's fault at all.
Everyday I'm amazed at how many people get a rush out of running down others.

c285c3a6d4ce817ede5bc69cc03adcf1.gif

TCU 31 KSU 28 4th quarter just saying
How come every year we play a non-con team that’s supposed to suck, lose, then all of a sudden - playoffs.
seems like that.

Last edited:
Exempt from criticism? I'm simply pointing out, you can't blame a coach who has no players. Not DH's fault at all.
Everyday I'm amazed at how many people get a rush out of running down others.
Somehow I get a feeling that if we had another Rashaan Salaam end up on the roster (not happening as long as Hagan is also recruiting RBs) that he would find himself sitting on the bench because he wouldn't block or run the plays the way Hagan wants them run.

Competent (or better) coaches don't try to force players to be something they aren't. They figure out how to use the strengths and talents of the players they have to maximum effect.

Hagan is the ultimate square peg in a round hole type of coach.

And we have been seeing it for years as he does it under multiple head coaches.

He's a good guy, he has his talents as well. Find him an office upstairs and let him use his efforts to help student athletes off the field.

We're so thin at running back, we had to use a DB on a few plays. He had 1 carry.
But nice you found a reason to rag on DH - who, I can safely say, is10x the Buff you will ever be.

"Then, early in the game, starter Anthony Hankerson took a hit and did not return, leaving CU with Jayle Stacks and walkon Charlie Offerdahl. Late in the game, when Stacks was out with a minor injury and Offerdahl lost a shoe after a run, the Buffs briefly inserted walkon defensive back Dante Capolungo, who finished with one carry."
Holy ****, you are like 0 for your last 6 or 7 attempts

Somehow I get a feeling that if we had another Rashaan Salaam end up on the roster (not happening as long as Hagan is also recruiting RBs) that he would find himself sitting on the bench because he wouldn't block or run the plays the way Hagan wants them run.

Competent (or better) coaches don't try to force players to be something they aren't. They figure out how to use the strengths and talents of the players they have to maximum effect.

Hagan is the ultimate square peg in a round hole type of coach.

And we have been seeing it for years as he does it under multiple head coaches.

He's a good guy, he has his talents as well. Find him an office upstairs and let him use his efforts to help student athletes off the field.
He's the perfect Lance Carl replacement.

He's the perfect Lance Carl replacement.
No, his ego and my way or the highway approach is wrong for that job.

And don't be surprised if Lance Carl in the near future gets a job as the AD for a G5 program and does a very good job.

Holy ****, you are like 0 for your last 6 or 7 attempts

What is especially crazy is that RB is a position where depth is essential. Injuries are a given. If your RB coach "runs out of players," that is on him.

And the fact someone like Offerdahl has been getting meaningful playing time all season is about as big an indictment of Hagan's management of his position as you will ever see.

What is especially crazy is that RB is a position where depth is essential. Injuries are a given. If your RB coach "runs out of players," that is on him.

And the fact someone like Offerdahl has been getting meaningful playing time all season is about as big an indictment of Hagan's management of his position as you will ever see.
Our best RB transferred out and this staff was like “we good”.

We're so thin at running back, we had to use a DB on a few plays. He had 1 carry.
But nice you found a reason to rag on DH - who, I can safely say, is10x the Buff you will ever be.

"Then, early in the game, starter Anthony Hankerson took a hit and did not return, leaving CU with Jayle Stacks and walkon Charlie Offerdahl. Late in the game, when Stacks was out with a minor injury and Offerdahl lost a shoe after a run, the Buffs briefly inserted walkon defensive back Dante Capolungo, who finished with one carry."
Hagan is a sh!t coach and a sh!t recruiter. Has been for over a decade. He got lucky he lucked into a guy like Lindsay to make people forget for awhile.

Moore and Reed have played a lot and I haven’t really seen either do anything that stands out.

Mack is a DII player.

The secondary as a whole would be a below average MWC unit
On a yards basis, the secondary is the only functional portion of the team (mediocre). The F7 is the worst run defense in P5 and second worst in all of FBS. Even stacking the box with 8-9 guys worked for exactly one game when the Oregon State OL/RBS had their way all night last night.

On a yards basis, the secondary is the only functional portion of the team (mediocre). The F7 is the worst run defense in P5 and second worst in all of FBS. Even stacking the box with 8-9 guys worked for exactly one game when the Oregon State OL/RBS had their way all night last night.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. As bad as our coaching is/has been this is largely an FCS roster. Considerations #1-99 on the hiring checklist should be "Does he recruit like a fvcking boss and work the transfer portal like a sonofab!tch?"

I don’t disagree with you, the front seven are really bad. I think the secondary is equally bad but it doesn’t show up in the stats because (1) opposing teams don’t have to throw to win and (2) teams with big leads don’t throw as much

So I predicted a victory against Oregon State…..

I realize now that we’ve got a LONG way to go til the Buffs are back. Wishful thinking alone isn’t gonna make us good overnight, as much as I think I hope for that.

I sure am ready to drink the Kool Aid and get on board once we get our new HC hired.

stephen colbert oops GIF

I don’t disagree with you, the front seven are really bad. I think the secondary is equally bad but it doesn’t show up in the stats because (1) opposing teams don’t have to throw to win and (2) teams with big leads don’t throw as much
I mean, sure they are facing teams with leads… but they’re not even in the bottom 1/3 of teams and should be giving up major yards early in the game. The passing yards are firmly mediocre.

From what I saw Colorado played hard until game was over. Hire the right guy and build it right. OSU has done that. You get players that buy in and establish identity. Impressed with the effort. Your fan base must be patient. Colorado can and will be successful. Sanford has them working hard. Do not expect to much. Good luck.

Back