What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Oregon State

the crispy cauliflower was good...

yay?

got me-self a nice stiff bourbon at the house.

uh, wait, an INT for td?

goddamn this program needs a ****ing enema and a speed ball to get back to anything close to relevant.

There was a time in my life where I never, ever thought Oregon State would be better than CU; Much less this much better.

Unbelievable. Not sure why I even care anymore. The higher ups did everything in their power to kill this program and bam..

Why is our passing game so freaking hard to even look moderately competent?
There is no element of it that is functional
QB drop
RB blocking
OL blocking
WR routes
No motion to create movement or reads
Nothing is in sync
Also even feels like the defense knows the play better than we do
So turrible

i did have a nice brief convo with a table of beavs before kickoff... you know, trade the good lucks and such... the interesting thing to me was how ****ing resigned to sucking they were. "we're oregon state fans." it was like they just endure the suckitude because that is who they are. i assured them they were likely to roll our Buffs and they were convinced the bears would find a way to lose.

perhaps if we had never reached the pinnacle we would also be resigned to the fate of being horrible. when you know you have no chance, i see some people can take comfort in that.

i can't.

i did have a nice brief convo with a table of beavs before kickoff... you know, trade the good lucks and such... the interesting thing to me was how ****ing resigned to sucking they were. "we're oregon state fans." it was like they just endure the suckitude because that is who they are. i assured them they were likely to roll our Buffs and they were convinced the bears would find a way to lose.

perhaps if we had never reached the pinnacle we would also be resigned to the fate of being horrible. when you know you have no chance, i see some people can take comfort in that.

i can't.
Jonathan Smith is a really good coach.

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Jonathan Smith is a really good coach.
yeah, like dudes come out of other never-will-be-good programs... he exceeds the modest expectations of the program he runs.

there are a million of these coaches. proof comes as they move up in class.

just to use a random example, barnett was a ****ing good high school coach and i personally experienced being on the other side of that altho we did beat his ass. barnett was a ****ing good coordinator at a real program. barnett took a traditionally ****ty program in a real conference to levels they had never reached before. barnett managed to put a formerly elite program in the nc conversation despite all the limitations. that is the trajectory of a good coach.

maybe j smith is like that or maybe he has found his perfect level (dan hawkins)...

i dunno.

i just know i am not satisfied with being a no-real-hope program.

There is another quarter to go, and this feels like the coaches should just look at each other and say "We good, see you next year" and head to their mom's cars

Back