What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs USC Game

I'm actually curious, any good tailgates going on Saturday? I've got some buddies coming in for the game and want to show them a good time.

I'm actually curious, any good tailgates going on Saturday? I've got some buddies coming in for the game and want to show them a good time.

I'd imagine anybody named "First Down Fanatic" would want to spend the entire game in the parking lot with Sackman.

If you’re planning on coming to the tailgate, please let me know by responding in the roll call thread. It helps me to know how many people to expect.
Thanks.

It was those type of comments that created the 247 narrative that he has an eye for talent, which Adam is now saying himself over there
Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

Watching the USC vs OSU game now. We are nowhere near as good as Oregon State.
Well, just watched the first 3Q of that game and so true. It's really another point that I was trying to make last week but I was too frustrated to think clearly.

Jonathan Smith's offense is like a finely tuned engine. He's got a Frosh QB that looks like he's the best in the league. His RB looks like a can't miss NFL guy. His TE's are athletes that make plays and block . His OL is perfection.

Yes, Smith is a former QB, QB-coach and successful OC. He worked under Chris Petersen at Boise and UW. His OC (Lindgren) has also a lot of experience but this is Smith's offense I'd presume with confidence.

With all of that said, USC's hearts weren't in it. They got hit and they wanted to quit. Will they come to Boulder stinging mad and ready to fight? I sort of doubt it, but it's possible. If CU can play physical and Lewis can stay in the pocket 1 more second, we have a good chance.

Well, just watched the first 3Q of that game and so true. It's really another point that I was trying to make last week but I was too frustrated to think clearly.

Jonathan Smith's offense is like a finely tuned engine. He's got a Frosh QB that looks like he's the best in the league. His RB looks like a can't miss NFL guy. His TE's are athletes that make plays and block . His OL is perfection.

Yes, Smith is a former QB, QB-coach and successful OC. He worked under Chris Petersen at Boise and UW. His OC (Lindgren) has also a lot of experience but this is Smith's offense I'd presume with confidence.

With all of that said, USC's hearts weren't in it. They got hit and they wanted to quit. Will they come to Boulder stinging mad and ready to fight? I sort of doubt it, but it's possible. If CU can play physical and Lewis can stay in the pocket 1 more second, we have a good chance.
No we don't.

At First I No GIF by Lil Yachty

What is so frustrating is the commentary coming from the coaches. The offense is clearly broken, and all we hear is 'we will keep working on it' platitudes.
I have a bad feeling the stadium will be all maroon Saturday, and will be half empty mid way into the 3rd.

The coaches are ONE more inept loss away from losing the team. That's my feeling anyway, and the coaches have given zero indication they plan on changing a thing, well any thing that will make a difference.

Think about this - one of the 'highlights' of this week's game for CU is the return of Mustafa, who so over estimated his ability that he declared for the draft and DID NOT get drafted. LOL yeah get excited about a NFL reject 'returning' to the Buffs. JFC doesn't really sum it up how SAD that is.

USC averages 32 ppg and CU 13.8......likely close to a final score. :sick:

What is so frustrating is the commentary coming from the coaches. The offense is clearly broken, and all we hear is 'we will keep working on it' platitudes.
I have a bad feeling the stadium will be all maroon Saturday, and will be half empty mid way into the 3rd.

The coaches are ONE more inept loss away from losing the team. That's my feeling anyway, and the coaches have given zero indication they plan on changing a thing, well any thing that will make a difference.

Think about this - one of the 'highlights' of this week's game for CU is the return of Mustafa, who so over estimated his ability that he declared for the draft and DID NOT get drafted. LOL yeah get excited about a NFL reject 'returning' to the Buffs. JFC doesn't really sum it up how SAD that is.

USC averages 32 ppg and CU 13.8......likely close to a final score. :sick:
If we score 13.8 I’m declaring victory no matter how many points USC has.

What is so frustrating is the commentary coming from the coaches.

I keep reading that sentiment and it makes no sense to me. Why is anyone worried about what the coaches say in public? The offense is good or it is bad and nothing the coaches say at a press conference will make a difference. I'm frustrated watching the offense, but can't figure out why it matters what the coaches say on Tuesdays.

I keep reading that sentiment and it makes no sense to me. Why is anyone worried about what the coaches say in public? The offense is good or it is bad and nothing the coaches say at a press conference will make a difference. I'm frustrated watching the offense, but can't figure out why it matters what the coaches say on Tuesdays.
It matters because clearly the prevailing attitude is 'we've tried nothing and it never works'

I have to admit I do not understand the point of your reply. I'll try this from another angle. After the ASU game, what commentary from the coaches would you have found satisfying?
I think what most people would appreciate is some sort of indication that the coaches actually recognize the obvious problems.

It's pretty obvious that our offense lacks creativity, it lacks things like pre-snap motion that make defenses have to think, we don't seem to call any screens at all, and I think the next time we fake a handoff it will be the first time.

Even some generic coach speak "our offensive scheme isn't making the defense think enough and we need to change some things up," would be an improvement.

Instead we hear platitudes that are basically at odds with what our eyes see on Saturday. There appears to be zero relationship between the words said on Tuesday and the actions we see on Saturday.

If they were pretending that things were going well it would be straight up gaslighting. We're not quite there.

At least there appears to be some acknowledgement that things aren't going well, but beyond that, what they say seems to have no actual bearing on what we see.

I would have liked to have heard “..we made a mistake not getting Drew Carter in the game but here’s what we were thinking....” (i.e. why they didn’t get Drew Carter in the game). Also, “..our offensive game planning is clearly not working...we will be making some significant adjustments for USC...obviously, can’t get into details on that but expect some new looks...”

There appears to be zero relationship between the words said on Tuesday and the actions we see on Saturday.

I agree with this statement, but why does it matter? Saturday results are important, all important. Tuesday talk to the press is just not important.

Say Dorrell comes out and says "we've underrecruited at QB and a few other key positions" next week, which is the "obvious problem". How does that help make the situation better?

I just don't see how the team will play better on Saturday based on what coaches say to the media on Tuesday. I can see a negative impact by what the coaches say publicly but am blind to the positive possibilities right now.

When was the last time we beat a team up after the coach said that the team had the greatest practice ever during a HC presser on Tuesday?

I have to admit I do not understand the point of your reply. I'll try this from another angle. After the ASU game, what commentary from the coaches would you have found satisfying?
An admission the offense is offensive - and completely broken and something along the lines of 'dramatic re-thinking of the entire offensive strategy'. Something that reflects the true nature of how bad things are currently and that they plan on making a change of course in SOME meaningful way.

I get what you're saying, it ultimately on Saturday doesn't matter, but the first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one, and KD and company refuse to do that.

For me it's less about words and more about actions. What changes are being made? Like I said after the MN game - there is no job in which you can perform that poorly and not be held accountable.

I really do need to see some personnel shakeup. And if it's just words we get, then I want them to be about why we're not seeing a personnel shakeup.

I love the optimism. A lot hinges on Lewis!

Back