What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

Refreshingly honest.

Amazing how quickly the tide can turn.

Knudson is a nub/csu hack. Even he sees the writing on the wall.

That article is brutal. As far as Sparkles leaving, I find that hard to believe now that he is locked in for huge paydays with no chance of ever getting fired. I guess it is possible some big boy team comes along and pays the buyout, but how likely is that?

"You all had better STFU!"

bilde

That article is brutal. As far as Sparkles leaving, I find that hard to believe now that he is locked in for huge paydays with no chance of ever getting fired. I guess it is possible some big boy team comes along and pays the buyout, but how likely is that?

If he can beat the big boys in the MWC (USU, BSU, SJSU) and go bowling again I think he could attract some interest from a P5 school somewhere. The buy out is huge, but it would surprise me if there wasn't an out clause if the stadium isn't built.

If he can beat the big boys in the MWC (USU, BSU, SJSU) and go bowling again I think he could attract some interest from a P5 school somewhere. The buy out is huge, but it would surprise me if there wasn't an out clause if the stadium isn't built.

:nod: I think that is what the article is stating.

I think he had a ghost writer pen that for him. It was missing the standard misspellings, grammatical errors, and backhanded jibes at CU. Knutson is a bitter, bitter man.

:rofl2:

It might be another reason for Grahams dismissal too. Not only can we not build an on-campus stadium but we wrote it into the coach's contract that he can leave if we don't and he has chosen to leave.

Seriously, this could ruin the football program up there.

It might be another reason for Grahams dismissal too. Not only can we not build an on-campus stadium but we wrote it into the coach's contract that he can leave if we don't and he has chosen to leave.

The fans only have themselves to blame.

The stadium, and the hiring of Jack Graham, was always a high stakes gamble. It was do or die for them.

I'd put the chances of CSU dropping to FCS in the next 10 years at about 80%. Unless something amazing happens, they're in deep, deep trouble.

I really don't think the stadium is written into Sparkles' contract.....

The fans only have themselves to blame.

What fans? That's the point of Knutson's column. They don't have any.

They couldn't sell out their own building when CU came in to play them in basketball. There was at least 1,000 CU fans there in a building that might hold about 8,000. This is the biggest game of the year for their hoops team and they couldn't even sell it out. Nik pointed out that CU has sold more BASKETBALL season tickets than CSU has sold FOOTBALL season tickets. That's absurd. The simple fact of the matter is that Graham was a hail mary to try to gin up some passion for CSU athletics. It has failed.

I'd be surprised if the stadium was in sparkles contract. That would be idiotic.

Well, maybe...

It's funny that CU fans know more about CSU athletics than their own fans seem to. On ramnation there are people saying that he just signed a new contract. Didn't Kyle report that his contract was signed back in May?

It's funny that CU fans know more about CSU athletics than their own fans seem to. On ramnation there are people saying that he just signed a new contract. Didn't Kyle report that his contract was signed back in May?

Yeah. That contract was supposedly done a couple months ago.

What a joke of an article. You guys just start creaming yourselves whenever you find something negative about the Rams, no matter how ludicrous. And, yes, we do the same.

Other than the implication that a new stadium is written into sparkles contract, what about that column strikes you as inaccurate?

What a joke of an article. You guys just start creaming yourselves whenever you find something negative about the Rams, no matter how ludicrous. And, yes, we do the same.

Years ago we took a young lambkin under our buffalowing and explained how Captain Jack's be bold campaign could end up hurting the university and maybe it wasn't the best course of action.

Maybe nothing comes out of this.

Odd that you would cream yourself over negative Ram news, but, to each their own.

Other than the implication that a new stadium is written into sparkles contract, what about that column strikes you as inaccurate?

Without going line by line, but -
"extremely reliable source that his house is for sale" - this is easily verified and would mean nothing.
"So if the stadium project dies this fall – as it appears it will – and McElwain then leaves as expected", he just pulls this crap out of his hat. Nobody is paying that buyout.

Last edited:
HCMM had a line in his contract about some penalty if the school had not broken ground by a specific date. It would not be out of reason for there to be similar wording in Sparkles' contract.

The house thing is largely irrelevant though. Just a way to try and stir up panic.

Without going line by line, but -
"extremely reliable source that his house is for sale" - this is easily verified and would mean nothing.
"So if the stadium project dies this fall – as it appears it will – and McElwain then leaves as expected", he just pulls this crap out of his hat. Nobodies paying that buyout.

"Nobody is paying that buyout." Why would that be? Because he's not that good of a coach? Honestly, a big time program doesn't give a rip about buyouts. If Tennessee came along (just using them as an example, Bitch Jones isn't going anywhere), they wouldn't blink an eye at the buyout. It's just a number. You have a lot to learn about how big boy college athletics works.

The point of the column is that CSU has shat the bed. That they're stuck in reverse and nobody seems to care. That's hard to deny, wouldn't you say?

I agree on the house thing, though. Totally irrelevant. That's just Knutson being a moron.

Back