What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

The UCF stadium may be a touch large at 45k, but at $55M, it looks like a bargain. It does look a little lite on the luxury boxes, which is where much of the revenue is these days (cue jokes about what is luxurious to a goat). I've generally thought that CSU should just make some minor modifications to this design and go for it (30K, $78M):
View attachment 14620

View attachment 14621

View attachment 14622

The corners could be filled in pretty inexpensively in the future to add an additional 7-12K capacity, and additional luxury boxes and/or a 2nd deck could be added on the opposite side at some point if they ever really needed to expand.

Maybe UCF got a deal by stealing North Texas's stadium.

(I think you got the wrong pictures.)

EDIT: Or maybe I just misunderstood your post.

Last edited:
This High School stadium cost $60M

557061_384145418307523_43660984_n.jpg

Seats 18,000

Replace some of the buildings surrounding it wit seats and get it to around 25000 and I think CSU would be set for a little while.

Funny story about this $60M high school stadium in Allen.

It's condemned.

Cracks in the concrete started appearing right away. It turns out the rebar was being placed too far apart, causing the brand new facility to be designated structurally unsound.

The Allen football team has to play at another location. Oops.

The builders PBK and Pogue Construction appear to be on the hook to make this right.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...chool-football-stadium-cracks-closed/9903781/

Real estate values are irrelevant to construction cost unless they had to go out and buy the land first. If that were the case, then $55MM would be not only a good deal, it would be a screaming deal. Chances are that the University already owned the land. The $55MM figure is hard cost. As for labor, I can buy there being a difference in cost, but not that substantial. I suspect it may have had more to do with some value engineering on the part of the school. Not a lot of bells and whistles. Just a nice, clean facility. Somebody pointed out the lack of luxury boxes. Those things add a lot of cost to a project.

yes, UCF owned the land, they have enough land to triple their current phyiscal plant(50,000 current undergrads) east to the St.John's river (why does the St. johns flow north? because Georgia sucks!!). it is an extremely functional stadium, not much in the way of archtectural amenities, but it does have some brick facading and other design elements tha make it an enjoyably place to be, really wide concouses under the stands and plenty of concession stands and bathrooms. they learned from disney. they did have to retrofit in water fountains after the heat-stokes of their first game.

the seating is generous for us long-legged types. No fan sitting between my knees like at Florida field or Doak -Campbell. it is no Folsom,but it is a great place to watch a ball game, and yes, there is little thought put into winterizing pipes. muchgreater concern for lightning and hurricane proofing.

CSU offers absolutely nothing for the Pac 12. They might offer something for the Big12.

Which would divide all of the Colorado TV markets as well instead of tying them up for to p12. Money exported to Texas. Again. But whatever.....

Which would divide all of the Colorado TV markets as well instead of tying them up for to p12. Money exported to Texas. Again. But whatever.....

Except that just as nobody buys tickets to see them play in Ft. Collins not many people watch them on TV either. Their bowl appearances haven't been ratings winners and their regular season appearances haven't been much either.

Lack of TV appeaal is part of why they are dreaming when they hope for a B12 invite.

Smart man. The Denver tv market would grow wildly if CU and CSU were in same conference. Basically opens the whole marketplace. Denver could potentially be #1 in PAC with the addition. Would become a fully legitimate PAC state.

Smart man. The Denver tv market would grow wildly if CU and CSU were in same conference. Basically opens the whole marketplace. Denver could potentially be #1 in PAC with the addition. Would become a fully legitimate PAC state.

You're joking, right?

Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix and Seattle are all Pac-12 metros.

Seriously, are you ****ing delusional?

Number 1 market?

USC and ucla.

Stanford and cal.

Did your mommy drop you on your head?

Seriously, are you ****ing delusional?

Number 1 market?

USC and ucla.

Stanford and cal.

Did your mommy drop you on your head?

Rude, but yes if both CU and CSU can raise their games. Both being Top 25 in a sports crazy CO would be the difference maker. You guys talk as if things will be the same in 5 years. Do u plan on staying a bottom feeder in PAC or grow? I know CSU so badly wants to grow.

I know they moved PAC championship game to San Fran for now, but imagine Mile High being the host to either CU or CSU playing in champ game. Why not?

Back