What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

Rude, but yes if both CU and CSU can raise their games. Both being Top 25 in a sports crazy CO would be the difference maker. You guys talk as if things will be the same in 5 years. Do u plan on staying a bottom feeder in PAC or grow? I know CSU so badly wants to grow.

254ea6130d851f683bafe44521ee46ae.jpg

Except that just as nobody buys tickets to see them play in Ft. Collins not many people watch them on TV either. Their bowl appearances haven't been ratings winners and their regular season appearances haven't been much either.

Lack of TV appeaal is part of why they are dreaming when they hope for a B12 invite.

If they find a way to start winning again and they can do it on a regular basis more people will watch them. Same with them. We're talking about building and building until you reach undefeated seasons btw and looking the part. They were very hard to watch under Fairchild.

This paying of players and the other rule changes, being able to do it, might actually help them get players.

Smart man. The Denver tv market would grow wildly if CU and CSU were in same conference. Basically opens the whole marketplace. Denver could potentially be #1 in PAC with the addition. Would become a fully legitimate PAC state.
Wow.

If they find a way to start winning again and they can do it on a regular basis more people will watch them. Same with them. We're talking about building and building until you reach undefeated seasons btw and looking the part. They were very hard to watch under Fairchild.

This paying of players and the other rule changes, being able to do it, might actually help them get players.

You forgot the sarcasm font.

CSU is goinng to be able to recruit and win in the PAC? They might actually start to draw over 25k people? Not happening, new stadium or not.

Smart man. The Denver tv market would grow wildly if CU and CSU were in same conference. Basically opens the whole marketplace. Denver could potentially be #1 in PAC with the addition. Would become a fully legitimate PAC state.

Dude... Really?

I know they moved PAC championship game to San Fran for now, but imagine Mile High being the host to either CU or CSU playing in champ game. Why not?

Pac-# would be pissed when you sold only 35% of your ticket allotment.

insane.png

Pac-# would be pissed when you sold only 35% of your ticket allotment.

It's not like Stanford travels that well. They didn't fill their own stadium for a CCG two years ago. Really, the only schools that travel halfway decently in this entire conference are the two newcomers, Oregon and Washington.

It's not like Stanford travels that well. They didn't fill their own stadium for a CCG two years ago. Really, the only schools that travel halfway decently in this entire conference are the two newcomers, Oregon and Washington.

Arizona travels for hoops. They so want to be KU.

It was a joke. And Stanford probably would travel just a bit better to a CCG at Levi's Stadium than it would to an away game.

Does becoming a Ram fan turn people into delusional fools or does something about CSU attract the delusional? Hmmm....

Tatanka[emoji769 said:
;1627091]Does becoming a Ram fan turn people into delusional fools or does something about CSU attract the delusional? Hmmm....

I actually think it is somehow connected to ramnation. The CSU folks I know nearly all freely acknowledge that this is likely going to be a challenging year for them. Something happens when a person logs on to that site, though. It strips them of all logic and reasoning.

I actually think it is somehow connected to ramnation. The CSU folks I know nearly all freely acknowledge that this is likely going to be a challenging year for them. Something happens when a person logs on to that site, though. It strips them of all logic and reasoning.

This. I have a buddy who went there and he's very reasoned about their athletics and thinks the stadium in general is a bad idea.

Performance Review

Exhibits a basic understanding of population distribution within the U.S.:
1 – Not at all

Is familiar with stadium attendance data, television viewership statistics, and other metrics indicating the size and robustness of Colorado State University’s fan base:
1 – Not at all

Engages in rational, objective analysis unclouded by emotional investments in the issues being discussed:
1- Not at all

Provides entertainment:
5 – To a very great extent

Captain Jack, is that you?

Performance Review

Exhibits a basic understanding of population distribution within the U.S.:
1 – Not at all

Is familiar with stadium attendance data, television viewership statistics, and other metrics indicating the size and robustness of Colorado State University’s fan base:
1 – Not at all

Engages in rational, objective analysis unclouded by emotional investments in the issues being discussed:
1- Not at all

Provides entertainment:
5 – To a very great extent

Captain Jack, is that you?

Outstanding! :lol:

Huh, so kind of like AB except for Duff? :lol:

I know they moved PAC championship game to San Fran for now, but imagine Mile High being the host to either CU or CSU playing in champ game. Why not?

You realize Sports Authority is a horrible horrible stadium, right?

C'mon, it's awesome! It's Hughes South to them!

True. No matter the venue, when they play in Colorado* they show up 15k strong!

*Anywhere except Colorado Springs, that is. There's hardly any green in the stands for the annual rivalry game with AFA.

McElwain was brought to Fort Collins with the promise of a new facility. Failure to keep that promise will mean the end of his tenure. An extremely reliable source told me recently that McElwain’s Fort Collins home is already for sale. Does this mean he’s leaving? Not necessarily. Perhaps the family is planning a move across town. But it can’t be seen as a good sign, can it?

whoa

Back