What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs Football - 2022 Eligibility & Depth Charts

Also, Amaya is an example of why recruiting outside the footprint is probably not a great idea for CU - particularly in these new transfer portal realities. A player from Alabama is more likely to get homesick and frustrated, especially if he's not seeing the field as an underclassman.

As I'd posted in another thread with CU's location in the center of the "5 Star Desert", we need to geo-target the closer areas. Not only does that get us focused on talent-rich recruiting grounds but it also leads to players having more in common with other players on the team (which should help homesickness & attrition). Our attrition rate with signees from outside the footprint seems really bad over the years.
Unless there is some specific connection or circumstance, CU should end its prep recruiting at the eastern border of Texas. I’m ok with Juco and transfers beyond that area, but CUs hit rate on southeast prep players is atrocious over the last 20 years.

Unless there is some specific connection or circumstance, CU should end its prep recruiting at the eastern border of Texas. I’m ok with Juco and transfers beyond that area, but CUs hit rate on southeast prep players is atrocious over the last 20 years.
I would go into Louisiana and also recruit East Texas (Piney Woods regions centered on Tyler & Longview). Too much talent for us to ignore it and I'd pick that over GA or FL for CU.

I would go into Louisiana and also recruit East Texas (Piney Woods regions centered on Tyler & Longview). Too much talent for us to ignore it and I'd pick that over GA or FL for CU.
I’d definitely recruit all of Texas, heavily in fact.

Louisiana just hasn’t been good to CU in a long time.

I wonder sometimes if USC and UCLA going to the Big Ten doesn’t pose an opportunity for CU and the remaining members of the PAC. I think the move may help USC and UCLA keep more high four and five star prep players in SoCal, where recently they’ve been poached by other teams back east. But I can also see a scenario where those two schools go national with their recruiting opening the door for high three, low four star players to stay in footprint for the PAC.

Louisiana has not been kind to CU. Getting kids to leave the state is difficult.

As far as CU recruiting TX, I would draw an oval around DFW and Houston and leave it at that. There are TONS of players in HTown and DFW, not to mention the towns up and down I-45 and Hwy 59 running the east side of Texas. If you could glean 40% of your roster from that area, you'd be a pretty good team.

Let’s be honest, no state has been nice to us recruiting wise the past 20 years.

I wonder sometimes if USC and UCLA going to the Big Ten doesn’t pose an opportunity for CU and the remaining members of the PAC. I think the move may help USC and UCLA keep more high four and five star prep players in SoCal, where recently they’ve been poached by other teams back east. But I can also see a scenario where those two schools go national with their recruiting opening the door for high three, low four star players to stay in footprint for the PAC.
Or does it create an opportunity for B1G teams in SoCal?

The SEC (and UT/OU) felt it created a conference opportunity when things with aTm settled.

(sorry to be the harbinger of bad opinions/news…)

The SEC (and UT/OU) felt it created a conference opportunity when things with aTm settled.

The SEC is geographically close to Texas though and the cultures are similar. The entirety of the B1G is at least 2 time zones and 2000+ miles away from SoCal and half is 3 time zones and the cultures are significantly different. Ohio State and Michigan are the only true national recruiting programs in that conference and I doubt the others are going to try do much there.

Could be, but I think Ohio State and Michigan were already there. Nebraska has tried. I just don’t see the midwestern middle tier schools having that much success.

Kopp and Carter likely asked to move on? Shrout to stick around as the backup along with a transfer and a freshman?

Back