What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

You are all missing the point. We are probably not competing with ANY of these schools for the simple fact that a quality, experienced OC that is considering those schools is not considering CU for the points mentioned above - Hot seat HC, bad QBs, bad OL, bad program. I'll also add to that we most likely can't compete with those schools compensation-wise. We probably need to be looking at openings at G5 schools for a comparable assesment.
No sir, you are missing the point. As outlined in several posts ahead of you. See OU -> Ole Miss -> etc.......

If you're doing this lefty style, I would add a "potential opening" list that is populated by the schools who have vacant HC positions. We all know that a plurality if not majority of those schools will also be hiring an OC soon, and we'll be competing with them (or the second order effects of them).

The biggest name on that list for second order effects is Oregon, and there's a non-zero chance that we're going head to head with Virginia, and, ugh, Duke.
Yup, I have those types of schools on the list but in my haste, I neglected to add them all and will update.....

Here's the "working" list perceived to be at or above our status level, looking for a Head Coach or OC:

LSU
Miami
Florida
Va Tech
Auburn
KSU
Ole Miss
Pitt
Oregon
Virginia
Duke

All of these schools could be creating competition either by targeting similar candidates or targeting higher-level candidates that would then snowball down hill and end up competing with us....

Maybe not an OC option (though Virginia was pretty good this year) but wonder if Robert Anae might be worth a look for OL.

seriously, CU is still dicking around? This is getting out of ✋ now
first time GIF

Rick/KD/Lance have had a few months to consider this thing, so here goes:

(1) our guy is still coaching, prepping for the CFB playoffs
(2) our guy is still coaching in the NFL.
(3) our guy is leveraging us as he has other offers now that have emerged late.
(4) our guy got stolen by another team, or got cold feet, requiring a restart.
(5) There is no guy, KD has no coaching contacts, nobody started to think about this until they fired Chev, and they are starting from zero in a very methodical way
(6) The hire is so embarrassing, it must be kept quiet until after NSD.

I put these in a specific order of likelihood, but cannot disclose is that order is ascending or descending. Make up your own mind! :)

(5) There is no guy, KD has no coaching contacts, nobody started to think about this until they fired Chev, and they are starting from zero in a very methodical way

I put these in a specific order of likelihood, but cannot disclose is that order is ascending or descending. Make up your own mind! :)
I am hoping for a pleasant surprise, but steeling myself for another gut punch.lucy.jpg

Like I said earlier you don't get rid of the girlfriend til you have a better one.

Back