What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

Like I said earlier you don't get rid of the girlfriend til you have a better one.
Really horrible analogy. You drop crazy girlfriends all the time before finding a new one (or maybe you get lucky and they leave all on their own). Better comparison would be quitting a job before finding another one.

Really horrible analogy. You drop crazy girlfriends all the time before finding a new one (or maybe you get lucky and they leave all on their own). Better comparison would be quitting a job before finding another one.
1639086614180.png

Rick/KD/Lance have had a few months to consider this thing, so here goes:

(1) our guy is still coaching, prepping for the CFB playoffs
(2) our guy is still coaching in the NFL.
(3) our guy is leveraging us as he has other offers now that have emerged late.
(4) our guy got stolen by another team, or got cold feet, requiring a restart.
(5) There is no guy, KD has no coaching contacts, nobody started to think about this until they fired Chev, and they are starting from zero in a very methodical way
(6) The hire is so embarrassing, it must be kept quiet until after NSD.

I put these in a specific order of likelihood, but cannot disclose is that order is ascending or descending. Make up your own mind! :)
1 kind of; still coaching, but not on one of the four playoff teams.

Rick/KD/Lance have had a few months to consider this thing, so here goes:

(1) our guy is still coaching, prepping for the CFB playoffs
(2) our guy is still coaching in the NFL.
(3) our guy is leveraging us as he has other offers now that have emerged late.
(4) our guy got stolen by another team, or got cold feet, requiring a restart.
(5) There is no guy, KD has no coaching contacts, nobody started to think about this until they fired Chev, and they are starting from zero in a very methodical way
(6) The hire is so embarrassing, it must be kept quiet until after NSD.

I put these in a specific order of likelihood, but cannot disclose is that order is ascending or descending. Make up your own mind! :)
Hoping it’s #1 but a bowl game not playoff more realistic.

it’s probably #4 because we are the Buffs.

Hoping it’s #1 but a bowl game not playoff more realistic.

it’s probably #4 because we are the Buffs.

As time continues to rot our souls, #4 becomes more likely. And it’s probably plural as in guys are being stolen/opting out/waiting to see if better offers come. Stated without any attempt at hyperbole. It’s very likely the reality.

At this point, may as well focus 100% on recruiting through the weekend & get on the OC priority once the dead period starts.
True GIF by South Park

I'd assumed that WSU by promoting their DC to be the Head Coach would keep their offensive staff intact. Nope.

/TLDR:
WSU hires Incarnate Word head coach Eric Morris to lead offense. IWU had a very good offense and their young QB just entered the portal...
They also hired the OL coach from USC (Clay McGuire), who was OL coach for 6 years under Leach for a number of years at WSU. Morris coordinated at TTU for 5 years thru 2017.

Dear Rick - this is how you do it....

Last edited:
I’ll throw out a name of a guy from our past who didn’t totally suck and might be willing to take on this challenge: Eric Kiseau. He has connections in the West, has OC experience, and might be looking to make a move. He wouldn’t thrill me, but he might be our ceiling for a hire like this.

I’ll throw out a name of a guy from our past who didn’t totally suck and might be willing to take on this challenge: Eric Kiseau. He has connections in the West, has OC experience, and might be looking to make a move. He wouldn’t thrill me, but he might be our ceiling for a hire like this.
Hmmm

He didn't?
No. He didn’t. What we had this year was total suck. He was mediocre in his first chance at being OC here. That was a long time ago, and you’d have to figure He’s learned quite a bit since then.
Basically, he’d be an entirely “meh” hire, but I don’t think we should be expecting anything better. I could talk myself into cautious optimism with Kiseau a whole lot easier than I could with Langsdorf.

yeah, thought about posting something about it but figured nobody here would care.

that, and I'm waiting for Clemson to hire one so I can piss-off a lot of Allbuffers by starting a thread titled "CU hires offensive coordinator!"
That dude is like 32 I think is what I read. That's not a problem at all imho.

No. He didn’t. What we had this year was total suck. He was mediocre in his first chance at being OC here. That was a long time ago, and you’d have to figure He’s learned quite a bit since then.
Basically, he’d be an entirely “meh” hire, but I don’t think we should be expecting anything better. I could talk myself into cautious optimism with Kiseau a whole lot easier than I could with Langsdorf.

I'm not finding his connection to KD. No connection, no hire.

Back