What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

I don't understand what's so hard about this. He's coming here as an analyst, not as a head coach. I'd share your concern if he was coming here as the latter.
Over the years, I've seen a ton of coaches that were great coordinators or even position coaches. They had that job pegged. When getting the opportunity to be the HC, plenty haven't done well in that spot. A lot of reasons for that I'm pretty sure everybody already knows so no need in going into it. All that said, I'm not disappointed in any move Prime has made with the staff so far. If he made a mistake with anybody, it'll show itself in due time. (y)

I really like O'Boyle and I think it was the biggest assistant hire by a lot.
Coach Lewis has the QBs and the OC title, O'Boyle has 5 players, the ones that need the tightest correlation/cooperation.

The last thing I'm worried about is that he hasn't coached at the P5 level. Completely meaningless to me.

At the risk of pulling a Maximus, this guy can coach. He's the real deal.

I really like O'Boyle and I think it was the biggest assistant hire by a lot.
Coach Lewis has the QBs and the OC title, O'Boyle has 5 players, the ones that need the tightest correlation/cooperation.

The last thing I'm worried about is that he hasn't coached at the P5 level. Completely meaningless to me.

At the risk of pulling a Maximus, this guy can coach. He's the real deal.
It’s not about coaching at the P5 level, it’s about recruiting at a top 10 level, nationally.

Really good Q&A with coach O'boyle. He tries his hardest not to blast the previous coaching staff toward the end of the video.

What's most clear is that he's seeing that they don't even have the strength needed to play and his plans had to adapt to what it will take to catch up by the start of fall camp.

Previous regime did not make players work hard.

Is anyone else as angry as I am? I can accept that KD's program did not measure up on recruiting evaluations or closing. I can accept that CU lost talent due to NIL missteps and being largely unable to accept transfers who weren't freshmen or graduated. I can accept that some mistakes were made on coordinators and systems. But the fact that there wasn't even a demand within the culture to push yourself and work hard, that is unforgivable.

What's most clear is that he's seeing that they don't even have the strength needed to play and his plans had to adapt to what it will take to catch up by the start of fall camp.

Previous regime did not make players work hard.

Is anyone else as angry as I am? I can accept that KD's program did not measure up on recruiting evaluations or closing. I can accept that CU lost talent due to NIL missteps and being largely unable to accept transfers who weren't freshmen or graduated. I can accept that some mistakes were made on coordinators and systems. But the fact that there wasn't even a demand within the culture to push yourself and work hard, that is unforgivable.
The initial items that you “can accept” are indicators of the coaching staff working hard. If the coaches aren’t required to display maximum effort, why would anyone expect that the players display maximum effort?

Back