What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

The initial items that you “can accept” are indicators of the coaching staff working hard. If the coaches aren’t required to display maximum effort, why would anyone expect that the players display maximum effort?
I can accept because I recognize that some people are in the wrong job and incapable of performing and that there are also organizational problems outside their direct control which they don't have the ability to overcome.

I never felt a lack of caring or diligence from KD, but that he was in over his head.

I can accept because I recognize that some people are in the wrong job and incapable of performing and that there are also organizational problems outside their direct control which they don't have the ability to overcome.

I never felt a lack of caring or diligence from KD, but that he was in over his head.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. Effort and vision was severely lacking, especially when it came to recruiting.

The initial items that you “can accept” are indicators of the coaching staff working hard. If the coaches aren’t required to display maximum effort, why would anyone expect that the players display maximum effort?
Bingo, starts at the top. Coaching is much more than x's and o's. The players are gonna do what they see everyday, most not all. They see a half assed type environment, you'll get half assed effort, period.

We have am assistant coach making a lateral move from Alabama to CU. Dwell on that for a moment.

Is this more or less astounding than Sean Lewis coming here?

oh, I missed that. thanks. Sean Lewis then.
Not that I disagree with you, but I think Lewis was likely to jump for a P5 OC job no matter what. He had reached the KSU ceiling and I there weren’t many (any?) P5 programs seriously considering him as HC.

The CU OC job under Prime immediately became one of the most attractive coordinator jobs in the country.

Not that I disagree with you, but I think Lewis was likely to jump for a P5 OC job no matter what. He had reached the KSU ceiling and I there weren’t many (any?) P5 programs seriously considering him as HC.

The CU OC job under Prime immediately became one of the most attractive coordinator jobs in the country.
Good context. Thanks

Late to the game on this, but hee we see yet another tectonic shift between
Prime and the 3 previous HCs -
It took only a week to hire Sunseri as DT coach whereas we would still be discussing candidates and when we would hire a coach with MM, MT and especially KD.

I disagree with this statement to an extent. The manner by which he increasingly stood stoic on the sidelines, doing who-the-hell-knows-what, was incredibly concerning to me in that regard. I was one of the last KD supporters and watching him during games, and increasingly his answers to media questions and interaction, just seemed like had no passion for the game. To me, that's caring (or not caring).

I do agree with the assertion that he probably cared for his players but had no ideas on how to change or improve the program, and certainly no ideas on how to effectively adapt during a game. I'm assuming if he did, he might have spoken up at some point.

I sort of look forward to our coordinators leaving for P5 head coaching jobs again. Who knows, maybe they come back as an CU head coach in the future. And I have full faith in Prime to backfill with quality coaches.

I sort of look forward to our coordinators leaving for P5 head coaching jobs again. Who knows, maybe they come back as an CU head coach in the future. And I have full faith in Prime to backfill with quality coaches.
The evidence seems to be made clear yet again with the most recent hire. We lost our interior DL coach and immediately replaced him with one of the GOAT DL coaches. This is not just big league - it is elite.

Back