What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I’m ignoring the facts? The fact is that those surpluses, should they exist, are nothing more than Gavin Newsome’s fleecing of the middle class of California in the name of the corporations he represents you ignorant lamb. (Baa Baa)

You be you Manhattan. God bless you
Your message is propaganda only.

Not with Cal and Stanford (who are ****ing worthless in this conversation) involved and BYU not (likely because the dumbshits in California don't want them). They're a brand-whether we want to admit it or not.

Vic's proposal is ridiculous and its not happening.

What I proposed effectively wrote ISU, KSU, WSU, Or St, TTU out of the picture. Or in this case, Fox rev sharing.

To recap, these moron B12 fans (who you want to join) think the CURRENT B12 group is worth $45M. 😂

What I did was remove the scraps and replaced it with the best 8 of the remaining P12. And you’re saying that’s a net negative from the clown show that is the current B12?

If you want to cry about adding BYU ok. Maybe theres an argument BYU should be there over Cal.

But to go back to the main point, this entire situation is about consolidating the best rev producing teams.

Not adding good teams to mostly bad conferences which doesn’t solve anything.

What I proposed effectively wrote ISU, KSU, WSU, Or St, TTU out of the picture. Or in this case, Fox rev sharing.

To recap, these moron B12 fans (who you want to join) think the CURRENT B12 group is worth $45M. 😂

What I did was remove the scraps and replaced it with the best 8 of the remaining P12. And you’re saying that’s a net negative from the clown show that is the current B12?

If you want to cry about adding BYU ok. Maybe theres an argument BYU should be there over Cal.

But to go back to the main point, this entire situation is about consolidating the best rev producing teams.

Not adding good teams to mostly bad conferences which doesn’t solve anything.
Where I'd say $45M, dumbass? I think they're worth more than the Pac 10 is right now for sure-but that's because I think the Pac 10 is likely getting a media deal in the low to mid $20m per school range. Your idea is never going to work, and here's why: The Pac 10 and Big 12 were talking about it. The Big 12 wanted to bring their entire conference. The Pac 10 said they didn't want BYU/UCF. The Big 12 told the Pac 10 the deal was off. You know why they could do that? Because they ****ing have leverage. Same thing you don't understand about this ****. That's why Big 12 fans mock you on twitter, dumb****. Your takes make me think this conference has leverage because its brand is better or (insert some other stupid ****ing justification that makes no sense). BYU over Cal? How far up your ass is your head? Nobody in San Francisco watches college football.

Joining the Pac 12 was the dumbest decision this university ever made.

I joined here thinking I’d gather good info on potential realignment. It appears it’s just a pissing match for who can be the bigger idiot, I’ll check back later I guess.
Over 100 pages in under 2 weeks. Probably could condense that down to 2 or 3 pages if it was limited to quoting media outlet tweets or article links.

We haven't seen action like this since a youthful 35-year old @wsp4820 put serious effort into an Ultimate Hottie Contest.

Since I'm waxing nostalgic, I just want to say that this thread would be so much more entertaining if we could spread rep and tag posts.

Where I'd say $45M, dumbass? I think they're worth more than the Pac 10 is right now for sure-but that's because I think the Pac 10 is likely getting a media deal in the low to mid $20m per school range. Your idea is never going to work, and here's why: The Pac 10 and Big 12 were talking about it. The Big 12 wanted to bring their entire conference. The Pac 10 said they didn't want BYU/UCF. The Big 12 told the Pac 10 the deal was off. You know why they could do that? Because they ****ing have leverage. Same thing you don't understand about this ****. That's why Big 12 fans mock you on twitter, dumb****. Your takes make me think this conference has leverage because its brand is better or (insert some other stupid ****ing justification that makes no sense). BYU over Cal? How far up your ass is your head? Nobody in San Francisco watches college football.

Joining the Pac 12 was the dumbest decision this university ever made.

Put a quarter in your a** because you played yourself internet troll.

Starting to think most people have hit the ignore button on your nonsense.

And no, the dumbest mistake Colorado ever made was accepting you ya freakin loser into the school.

I’m not sure if this is correct, but seems to me that CU has four choices:

1. Stay in PAC 10, no expansion, collect $30-$35 million per school
2. Stay in PAC 10, add a couple Mtn West schools, get $30 million per school
3. PAC 10 poach the best of the Big 12 (if you can),get $40 million per school
4. Leave for Big 12, with either group of 4 or 6 teams, get $45 million per school

Again, those appear to be the figures bandied about. Correct me if I’m way off.

Scenarios 1 and 2 give CU least amount or revenue, potentially the least stability with some teams always eyeing an exit. Have the most acedemic prestige.

Scenario 3 provides more money, provide greater conference stability, maintains decent academic prestige

Scenario 4 offers most money, provides greater conference stability, most TV markets from coast to coast, conference has greater enthusiasm for football, but academic prestige takes significant hit.

Any way you slice it, CU is not monetarily competitive with either SEC or Big Ten (aka the Biggie Tupac), so all the fretting one way or another really doesn’t matter. I mean, being $50 million behind or $55 million, who cares?

If you’re a football fan, heading to the Big 12 is probably the right call. If academics, west coast ties is your thing, probably just stand pat.

EDIT...seems like heading to the Big 12 is the way to go if below is accurate.

1657691621892.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah. There are certain groups that have talking points about CA budget problems, economic stagnation and people fleeing the state. None of it true since the Governator. Surplus with tremendous GDP and population growth. I don't want to turn this too political, but we should at least be correct with our facts when discussing whether we want CU economically tied to the CA market.
Their state actually has a monster budget surplus and is in one of the best financial conditions in he country. But don’t let facts get in the way of a stupid take…
A one year, one time windfall does not equate to a healthy state economy. Remember, just the facts.

I’m not sure if this is correct, but seems to me that CU has four choices:

1. Stay in PAC 10, no expansion, collect $30-$35 million per school
2. Stay in PAC 10, add a couple Mtn West schools, get $30 million per school
3. PAC 10 poach the best of the Big 12 (if you can),get $40 million per school
4. Leave for Big 12, with either group of 4 or 6 teams, get $45 million per school

Again, those appear to be the figures bandied about. Correct me if I’m way off.

Scenarios 1 and 2 give CU least amount or revenue, potentially the least stability with some teams always eyeing an exit. Have the most acedemic prestige.

Scenario 3 provides more money, provide greater conference stability, maintains decent academic prestige

Scenario 4 offers most money, provides greater conference stability, most TV markets from coast to coast, conference has greater enthusiasm for football, but academic prestige takes significant hit.

Any way you slice it, CU is not monetarily competitive with either SEC or Big Ten (aka the Biggie Tupac), so all the fretting one way or another really doesn’t matter. I mean, being $50 million behind or $55 million, who cares?

If you’re a football fan, heading to the Big 12 is probably the right call. If academics, west coast ties is your thing, probably just stand pat.

EDIT...seems like heading to the Big 12 is the way to go if below is accurate.

View attachment 52756
$130M! Per team. Oh my ****!

Over 100 pages in under 2 weeks. Probably could condense that down to 2 or 3 pages if it was limited to quoting media outlet tweets or article links.

We haven't seen action like this since a youthful 35-year old @wsp4820 put serious effort into an Ultimate Hottie Contest.

Since I'm waxing nostalgic, I just want to say that this thread would be so much more entertaining if we could spread rep and tag posts.
Im here for the battered wife syndrome.

Pop Popcorn GIF by SkinnyPop

A one year, one time windfall does not equate to a healthy state economy. Remember, just the facts.
14.7% of the nations GDP offers one the capacity for more debt*

*see national debt of the united states.

Last edited:

YMSSR

rep was great, but I don't remember tagging posts being a thing when I joined AB.

Back