What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Maybe it's just me, but all I want is to land in place where we can actually be somewhat competitive again despite our ongoing administrative desire to tank this program. I don't care what network or what region it is. A Pac10 conference with the likes of ASU, UA, WSU, OSU, Cal, Stanford, UNLV, SDSU, Utah, and CU would be fine. Likewise, a Big12 of ISU, KSU, KU, TT, OSU, TCU, UCF, BU, etc. doesn't scare me that much either. Where I think we'd get fooked is in a superconference with 16+ teams where we'd likely find ourselves in the bottom 1/4 in wins and recruits every year yet again.
I think everyone here has it all wrong. Because, you see, we will win another national championship as soon as this Rammie reveals our golden ticket.

My expectation of whatever they're rolling out continues to drop daily.
At this point it's either going to be:
"Psych! Fvck CU! Go Rams!"
-OR-
"Here is the e-form where each of you can pledge $100-$10,000 to make this happen."
-OR-
"When you shop at my store using code CUNCAGAIN I will donate 5% of every purchase to the newly created CU National Championship Fund."

Regarding the ACC, the school nobody ever mentions which I guarantee is high on the B1G list is GA Tech.

AAU academics, Atlanta media market, Georgia recruiting, long tradition in CFB.

Ahem.

Made this point previously in this thread. I might be crazy, but to me, they are the no-brainer most attractive program for B1G future expansion.

I will never forget the pity I received at a UW away game when Embree was coach and the Huskies scored TD's on 6 straight possessions.

Ugh. I was at that game, too. That was also my experience.

Ahem.

Made this point previously in this thread. I might be crazy, but to me, they are the no-brainer most attractive program for B1G future expansion.
I guess if it gets the B1G Network in footprint pricing, GT is a good get, but I don't see the B1G going after any non-flagships, especially one that is overwhelmingly #2 in a state.

UNC is far more valuable, IMO

Maybe it's just me, but all I want is to land in place where we can actually be somewhat competitive again despite our ongoing administrative desire to tank this program. I don't care what network or what region it is. A Pac10 conference with the likes of ASU, UA, WSU, OSU, Cal, Stanford, UNLV, SDSU, Utah, and CU would be fine. Likewise, a Big12 of ISU, KSU, KU, TT, OSU, TCU, UCF, BU, etc. doesn't scare me that much either. Where I think we'd get fooked is in a superconference with 16+ teams where we'd likely find ourselves in the bottom 1/4 in wins and recruits every year yet again.
Allbuffs boards will be epic when BYU is routinely stomping the Buffs by 24 points.....

I don’t see any of the valuable ACC properties being a candidate for the #3 conference. Feels like Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC and UVA are all SEC or B1G, but maybe not. Either way, I think you’d easily make room for one or two of those programs no matter what. Also, I think by the time the ACC falls apart, Oregon and UW could both be gone anyways. I think this merger is the best solution for the short and mid term and we’ll see how things shake out long term

I heard some conjecture this morning that if the SEC were to get ND to join (big if, obviously) they would likely invite UNC and UVA either simultaneously or beforehand in order to increase the academic status of the conference and therefore make it more attractive to ND. If ND ends up joining a conference it would be for money which means they would join either the B1G or SEC.

I heard some conjecture this morning that if the SEC were to get ND to join (big if, obviously) they would likely invite UNC and UVA either simultaneously or beforehand in order to increase the academic status of the conference and therefore make it more attractive to ND. If ND ends up joining a conference it would be for money which means they would join either the B1G or SEC.
I think it was Forde and Wetzel who went through the probabilities of ND joining each conference, and their assessment was that the SEC has the same chance of landing ND as the current Pac 10 does... 0%. They said there is absolutely no chance in hell Notre Dame will ever agree to travelling to places like Starkville, Fayettville, Columbia, etc.

I believe they gave the B1G something like 50% the ACC like 5% with remaining Indy at 45%. That was like two weeks ago, though, so maybe thoughts have changed.

The memes and gifs in this thread are EXACTLY why we need to be a part of SOMETHING with the B12.
Part of what made the "old days" fun was being able to act superior to our flatland counterparts. Mountains, skiing, pro sports (at the time), outdoor activities, cool college town, and that was BEFORE the glory days of the 90s/early 00s.
Even in the Hawkins era, we still maintained that aura of "Well, we may have just lost to the Purple Pussies, but we still have CU." God, that was fun.
Even in the day of the Rogue Tailgate in Austin where UT whipped us, we still shoved our "Here come the assholes," in their face and it was great.

We lost all of that in the P12/10. That's why it was awesome to beat the Fuskers those two years in row.

BP12/24 would be great. We can lord over the flatlands again, while bringing the "here come the assholes" to the West Coast thanks to our renewed spirit.

You can drink wine and be an asshole too.

We must embrace the B12 in some form again. If we stay solely P10/12, we have lost our soul forever.
You can drink wine and be an asshole too.

Should be engraved on the wall at the Champions Center !!

I think it was Forde and Wetzel who went through the probabilities of ND joining each conference, and their assessment was that the SEC has the same chance of landing ND as the current Pac 10 does... 0%. They said there is absolutely no chance in hell Notre Dame will ever agree to travelling to places like Starkville, Fayettville, Columbia, etc.

I believe they gave the B1G something like 50% the ACC like 5% with remaining Indy at 45%. That was like two weeks ago, though, so maybe thoughts have changed.

Sure, this is all conjecture and nobody really knows what will happen with conference realignment. But apparently they didn't realize that ND already has a game scheduled in Fayetteville in 2025 and they currently travel to places like Clemson and Blacksburg which are about as remote as college towns can be. Plus Winston-Salem is nothing special and Charlottesville, while an awesome college town, isn't near much either.

As for the B1G, I keep hearing how the relationship between ND and the B1G is not a good one and if you look back at the Covid season ND was far more aligned with the SEC in wanting to play compared to the B1G who was the leader in not wanting to play.

Yeah i think it would be the strongest possible landiing at this point and the flex schedules and playoffs would be cool. and although being in a pod with byu would suck, at least it isn’t Bailer. I would definitely watch more out of area games if they are impacting our pod. who knows if this has any legs at all beyond the mind of a reporter but it is a really good idea. And, when the next tv shuffle happens, we are in a league that is going to have some seat at the table — probably.
Honestly, though, I think I would rather be in a 24 team, coast to coast, league with 23 other teams that are all operating on similar financial terms, that kind of plays it's own little 4 team playoff. The inclusion of the winner of that playoff in the national CFP with the two top conferences is a bonus.

I just think about Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers, Vandy, Miss State, and then even Kentucky, Arkansas, UCLA, Minnesota and Nebraska to an extent and, while they are all going to be wiping their tears with Benjis, is it really fun for those programs to almost assuredly either continue being 3-5 win programs year in and year out or get relegated to that status in most years?

I guess if it gets the B1G Network in footprint pricing, GT is a good get, but I don't see the B1G going after any non-flagships, especially one that is overwhelmingly #2 in a state.

UNC is far more valuable, IMO
I can definitely see the case for UNC; in my opinion I have them as just a smidge below the top tier.

This recent study by a consulting firm estimates that their fanbase is about 2X the size of GTs, but my contention would be

1) The Atlanta metro area is 3X what the Triangle is. If it impacts carriage fees, it's a much bigger win to get Atlanta.
2) I have a hard time seeing UNC agreeing to go to a different conference if it impacts their ability to play Duke twice a year in basketball. There are very few rivalries that I believe would disrupt realignment considerations, and that's one of them. Would B1G take both?
3) Georgia produces anywhere from 3-4X the FBS level recruits as North Carolina. In fact, according to this, there have been 4X the bluechips from Georgia than NC. If the expansion opens up a pipeline for the conference, it's a better play to get Georgia than North Carolina. This doesn't include that there's only one other P5 program in-state for GT, whereas there are 3 for UNC.

Either would be a good get for the B1G.

Posting this here because for some reason I'm blocked by Dennis Dodd on Twitter, even though I don' think I've ever had any interaction with him, and I'm curious what it was about.

May I suggest the Avalanche thread as an accompaniment to this one? Both are frisky little time wasters that haven't seen actual news in several pages.

Delightful apart, but amazing together.
I know you're a baseball fan, so this probably doesn't resonate, but this stretch after NBA/NHL playoffs and before NFL and CFB Training Camps is absolutely brutal.

Posting this here because for some reason I'm blocked by Dennis Dodd on Twitter, even though I don' think I've ever had any interaction with him, and I'm curious what it was about.

That made me curious about Dodd so I went to his twitter account (I'm not blocked lol) and saw this posted just recently. Doesn't make much sense to me that NBC would go from paying ND $15 million per year to $75 million just because they also decided to televise Big 12 games

Back