What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I’m all in on the Mandel Merger idea. Full Pac 10, full Big 12, add SDSU and UNLV or Boise to make 24. Do the 6 team pods for scheduling purposes.

I’m also at a point where it’s more about being part of something new, exciting and innovative than wanting to squeeze every last $$ out of the media deals.

Make It So Star Trek GIF

The only issue I can see is what if the ACC falls apart and BIGGIEPAC24 doesn't have any room to roll in some valuable programs

But yeah, that seems like the clear win. Makes everyone happy. Gives us the money to immediately use to fire everyone in charge of anything at CU

The only issue I can see is what if the ACC falls apart and BIGGIEPAC24 doesn't have any room to roll in some valuable programs

But yeah, that seems like the clear win. Makes everyone happy. Gives us the money to immediately use to fire everyone in charge of anything at CU
I don’t see any of the valuable ACC properties being a candidate for the #3 conference. Feels like Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC and UVA are all SEC or B1G, but maybe not. Either way, I think you’d easily make room for one or two of those programs no matter what. Also, I think by the time the ACC falls apart, Oregon and UW could both be gone anyways. I think this merger is the best solution for the short and mid term and we’ll see how things shake out long term

I’m all in on the Mandel Merger idea. Full Pac 10, full Big 12, add SDSU and UNLV or Boise to make 24. Do the 6 team pods for scheduling purposes.

I’m also at a point where it’s more about being part of something new, exciting and innovative than wanting to squeeze every last $$ out of the media deals.

Make It So Star Trek GIF
Agree with this. We're both better off working together. Hopefully Brett Yormark runs it. Liked what I heard from him at their media days. Seems like he gets what he's getting into. This can be an opportunity if its played right by CU's administration.

Last edited:
Rick George always seems to be a step behind. Whether it be unexpectedly losing a HC or unexpectedly seeing USC and UCLA jumping ship. So forgive me when I’m incredulous listening to him talk about how united the remaining 10 schools are. He seems really naive to me.

Rick George always seems to be a step behind. Whether it be unexpectedly losing a HC or unexpectedly seeing USC and UCLA jumping ship. So forgive me when I’m incredulous listening to him talk about how united the remaining 10 schools are. He seems really naive to me.
We can blame RG for a lot but no one saw USC and UCLA leaving. Even UCLA’s regents didn’t find out till it was announced.

The memes and gifs in this thread are EXACTLY why we need to be a part of SOMETHING with the B12.
Part of what made the "old days" fun was being able to act superior to our flatland counterparts. Mountains, skiing, pro sports (at the time), outdoor activities, cool college town, and that was BEFORE the glory days of the 90s/early 00s.
Even in the Hawkins era, we still maintained that aura of "Well, we may have just lost to the Purple Pussies, but we still have CU." God, that was fun.
Even in the day of the Rogue Tailgate in Austin where UT whipped us, we still shoved our "Here come the assholes," in their face and it was great.

We lost all of that in the P12/10. That's why it was awesome to beat the Fuskers those two years in row.

BP12/24 would be great. We can lord over the flatlands again, while bringing the "here come the assholes" to the West Coast thanks to our renewed spirit.

You can drink wine and be an asshole too.

We must embrace the B12 in some form again. If we stay solely P10/12, we have lost our soul forever.

The memes and gifs in this thread are EXACTLY why we need to be a part of SOMETHING with the B12.
Part of what made the "old days" fun was being able to act superior to our flatland counterparts. Mountains, skiing, pro sports (at the time), outdoor activities, cool college town, and that was BEFORE the glory days of the 90s/early 00s.
Even in the Hawkins era, we still maintained that aura of "Well, we may have just lost to the Purple Pussies, but we still have CU." God, that was fun.
Even in the day of the Rogue Tailgate in Austin where UT whipped us, we still shoved our "Here come the assholes," in their face and it was great.

We lost all of that in the P12/10. That's why it was awesome to beat the Fuskers those two years in row.

BP12/24 would be great. We can lord over the flatlands again, while bringing the "here come the assholes" to the West Coast thanks to our renewed spirit.

We must embrace the B12 in some form again. If we stay solely P10/12, we have lost our soul forever.
Not all of us have good memories of the Big 12.

RIP, Rusty.

I hadn't thought about this, but I agree with it. Of course, the B12 merger works for me personally, as I have no interest in traveling to any games--so I won't ever have to deal with the on-the-ground issues.

But I think HotRack is onto something. Our hatred of NUBs, and so many of the other BIG8 schools, expressed itself--in part--through our comparative exalted self-perception, which I still feel is/was completely reasonable and appropriate: I drove to college in Tennessee every year through the wasteland of Kansas--as soon as you hit the border the radio stations stopped until you hit the other side; my car broke down in Bunker Hill, Kansas, and I had to wait three days for a part to make there from civilization (an AutoZone 100 miles away). I was stunned at what life was like--out there.

My trips through Northern California had no such flavor--maybe because I'm not a wine drinker. I simply never hated Cal or Stanford the way I (still) hate the Nubs or oklahoma (I can't even bring myself to capitalize that state's name). (Though, I do now hate UCLA and USC in a way I never did before.)

Isn't this what college football should really be about?

The problem with the "here come the assholes" thing in the Pac is that they are only going to hate us and we're only going to behave like assholes if we are winning. There's nothing there to make fun of their fans, communities or universities if we're losing 3/4 of our conference games every year.

That said, I'm not sure that being hated assholes able to look down our noses at conference mates while we suck is much of a selling point to me. In fact, I'm not really comfortable acting like a superior asshole to a group that's all replying to me with "scoreboard".

I hadn't thought about this, but I agree with it. Of course, the B12 merger works for me personally, as I have no interest in traveling to any games--so I won't ever have to deal with the on-the-ground issues.

But I think HotRack is onto something. Our hatred of NUBs, and so many of the other BIG8 schools, expressed itself--in part--through our comparative exalted self-perception, which I still feel is/was completely reasonable and appropriate: I drove to college in Tennessee every year through the wasteland of Kansas--as soon as you hit the border the radio stations stopped until you hit the other side; my car broke down in Bunker Hill, Kansas, and I had to wait three days for a part to make there from civilization (an AutoZone 100 miles away). I was stunned at what life was like--out there.

My trips through Northern California had no such flavor--maybe because I'm not a wine drinker. I simply never hated Cal or Stanford the way I (still) hate the Nubs or oklahoma (I can't even bring myself to capitalize that state's name). (Though, I do now hate UCLA and USC in a way I never did before.)

Isn't this what college football should really be about?

“Hatred. It’s the Only Thing That Lasts.”​

The problem with the "here come the assholes" thing in the Pac is that they are only going to hate us and we're only going to behave like assholes if we are winning. There's nothing there to make fun of their fans, communities or universities if we're losing 3/4 of our conference games every year.

That said, I'm not sure that being hated assholes able to look down our noses at conference mates while we suck is much of a selling point to me. In fact, I'm not really comfortable acting like a superior asshole to a group that's all replying to me with "scoreboard".
Damn you people. Go back to your shanties

This has been the most disappointing aspect of the Pac12 move for me, personally. I was ready to be a new brand of asshole to a new group of fans, but it's hard to be an asshole when your team is getting their teeth kicked in every Saturday. Every roadie I went to in the Pac was an embarrassing CU loss, as were a lot of the home games I attended (outside of 2016). We never had the chance, really.

This has been the most disappointing aspect of the Pac12 move for me, personally. I was ready to be a new brand of asshole to a new group of fans, but it's hard to be an asshole when your team is getting their teeth kicked in every Saturday. Every roadie I went to in the Pac was an embarrassing CU loss, as were a lot of the home games I attended (outside of 2016). We never had the chance, really.
I will never forget the pity I received at a UW away game when Embree was coach and the Huskies scored TD's on 6 straight possessions.

Maybe it's just me, but all I want is to land in place where we can actually be somewhat competitive again despite our ongoing administrative desire to tank this program. I don't care what network or what region it is. A Pac10 conference with the likes of ASU, UA, WSU, OSU, Cal, Stanford, UNLV, SDSU, Utah, and CU would be fine. Likewise, a Big12 of ISU, KSU, KU, TT, OSU, TCU, UCF, BU, etc. doesn't scare me that much either. Where I think we'd get fooked is in a superconference with 16+ teams where we'd likely find ourselves in the bottom 1/4 in wins and recruits every year yet again.

Back