What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I was just in Napa and I was basically told I should be in Sonoma based on my wine preferences. But Sonoma is where Russian River is so wine was not about to be consumed there. And to be fair, I had a burrito at a nice restaurant in Napa and while it was good, SD burritos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Where does Paso Robles rank on the wine scale?
I’d say for red zin and super heavy cab - central coast can’t be beat. And because of the heat that makes the grapes so dense, the alcohol content is through the roof (16+ is pretty normal there) but it also makes it a lot more smooth. I’m a red zin guy and usually get Paso wines when available (which HEB has a ton). And yes GSM is popular in the central coat.

I would prefer we pack up and head to the B12. Better sports, better money. Academics take a dip, but really has no effect on us - we don't lose anything. Academics still aren't bad anyways if we have us, Utah, AZ, KS, TCU, Baylor. Not PAC quality but those are good academic schools. UCF & Kstate suck, but we have a couple of those here too. I'm here because I love Buffalo football, and I'd like to see us go B12 with the other 3 and force OU & UW to sweat bullets

i do hope ucla gets ****ed out of the big-- the schadenfreude would run deep and satisfyingly strong.

of course, with our **** luck and self destructive instincts, the big would probably just decide to go ahead and add cal to keep the regents happy and then i would be extra ****ing bummed.

how long must we wander in the desert? the Book of Buff is filled with plagues and hardships.

oh, like it is somehow OUR bad that we can distinguish between fine wines and aren't chugging PBR tall boys with a wad of chew wedged into our mouths and a pile of horse **** attached to our boot. i feel judged. :LOL::cool:
Here’s the thing, loooove me some tailgate with charcuterie and red zin accompanied by smoked brisket/ribs/sausage/cole slaw/potato salad and bourbon. Soooo…Big XII with Stanford and San Jose St??

of course, with our **** luck and self destructive instincts, the big would probably just decide to go ahead and add cal to keep the regents happy and then i would be extra ****ing bummed.
And the UC regents are just going to ignore UC Merced? Please.

i shall have my whines and cheeeze regardless of the conference company we are forced by fate to find ourselves associated with.

none of it will be from temecula. the difference between the pac tailgates and the b12 is the number of folks who actually recognize and enjoy fine libations, including wine.

now that the new medical guidance is that no amount of alcohol is safe or good for those under 40, i expect the prices of the booze and wine that is now allocated and really should not be to drop. right? all them chil'lun gonna take care of their health first. right? i mean they have told us that so many food and drink choices are now out of bounds, surely they will follow these simple rules?

tailgating will be even better if i am not forced to overpay for fine alcohol. i just have to remember to not let either the cow **** or drool from the big 12 remnants to contaminate anything.

i have to admit in advance, however, if and when i find myself on a ****ing roadie to some ****ng backwater big 12 remnant, i will be sure to take pics and show them to the CUAD so that they can acknowledge their ****ups. again.
Yeah I hear they sell excellent merlot at Dodger games. One question-If CU winds up back in the Big 12, TV revenue will be the driver. You'd rather take less TV money and stay in the Pac 10?

You guys are dumber than I thought if that's the case.

Yeah I hear they sell excellent merlot at Dodger games. One question-If CU winds up back in the Big 12, TV revenue will be the driver. You'd rather take less TV money and stay in the Pac 10?

You guys are dumber than I thought if that's the case.
News flash: we are totally ****ed wherever we land. Screwed completely. I am copacetic with whatever. Anger denial bargaining and finally acceptance. Sure let’s go get the best financial deal it won’t matter — my whines and cheeezes travel but wherever we go there we are. Still ****ed.

News flash: we are totally ****ed wherever we land. Screwed completely. I am copacetic with whatever. Anger denial bargaining and finally acceptance. Sure let’s go get the best financial deal it won’t matter — my whines and cheeezes travel but wherever we go there we are. Still ****ed.
Count Me In Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Football-wise, if that's a word, I don't get any fewer utils of enjoyment watching CU play K-State or Texas Tech than I would watching them play UCLA or Stanford, so I'm kind of failing to understand the geographic angst. There are still forward passes, firsts-in-ten, and 52 yard FG attempts. If more TV money comes with it then it's a no brainer.

There are far more problems with CU football than the issue of what conference the school is in. Phil D. must go.

Two Buck Chuck and a block of Velveeta will travel just fine in the Buick SUV on the way to Waco.....But, yeah, we still have CU problems.

The process of separating the top programs from the rest is underway but I hate to admit we are already separated.

Honestly in the past five/ten years how many recruits have we had who could have had a committable offer to Bama, Georgia, tOSU,? Honestly how many could have gotten one to USC or Oklahoma?

We fantasize about development but again how many players have we had who would have broken into the two deep or even three deep of those schools? A few but not many.

We aren't playing at the top level of college football anymore. Our administration isn't willing and we don't have the financial resources to get there unless something dramatic happens.

Doesn't matter if we are in the PAC or the B12 it is only a matter of time until we are officially left behind and told to take our ball and go home.

I think a merger is what has to happen, and I hope a darkhorse like Hulu or somebody throws out a package that helps get us all to $50-$60 million per team min to start

24 team conference from Seattle wrapping around the whole SW and Texas makes a lot of sense! UCF and Cincy and WV make no sense

Most likely yes-but I still would rather take the best TV deal we can, recommit to winning on the football field, and hope its enough to get into a super conference when we get closer to the ACC GoR. I firmly believe that that winds up being with the Big 12.

Frankly, I see staying in the Pac 10 (with the same group of presidents who enabled Larry Scott's incompetence the entire time we've been in this league-like Michael Crow at ASU) as being content with losing. If that's what CU wants to be, that's fine. I'll take my entertainment time and money and go spend both on something a lot more worthwhile. Done wasting my time on an athletic department that will show me they don't give a **** by staying in this conference.

I’m all in on the Mandel Merger idea. Full Pac 10, full Big 12, add SDSU and UNLV or Boise to make 24. Do the 6 team pods for scheduling purposes.

I’m also at a point where it’s more about being part of something new, exciting and innovative than wanting to squeeze every last $$ out of the media deals.

Make It So Star Trek GIF
Yeah i think it would be the strongest possible landiing at this point and the flex schedules and playoffs would be cool. and although being in a pod with byu would suck, at least it isn’t Bailer. I would definitely watch more out of area games if they are impacting our pod. who knows if this has any legs at all beyond the mind of a reporter but it is a really good idea. And, when the next tv shuffle happens, we are in a league that is going to have some seat at the table — probably.

Back