What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Every statement released by every PAC member I've seen have all shown zero mention of/ dedication to the PAC itself.
Great point. A lot of work gets put into statements like that. The ordering of values lists is revealing. What's not said, in this case, is more revealing that what was said. The release is basically a nothing burger to avoid causing frustrations with stakeholders over radio silence. As you said, nothing about commitment to the Pac-12 (-2) and no statement of solidarity.

if rg has any any any juice at all within the current CU admin, he is already talking with the big and the b12. sitting around hoping somehow everything works out is not a plan. i would like to believe even the douches like phil know this and are supporting rg in this time of change. hell, phil, what do you have to lose now? you are retiring. you don't have to be a politically neutral bureaucrat right this minute. do something, anything to add "saved CU football" to your bland and middle-management level career resume.

I recall some pretty damn good USC teams in my youth along with some good UW teams and some decent UCLA teams. Standford had a few flashes as did Cal.

Hind sight is always 20/20. The look of UT, A&M, Baylor, and Texas Tech joining the Big8 looked awesome. When that went to **** the look of joining the Pac12 also looked awesome.

Now, if what you are referring to is that the Pac12 didnt embrace abject greed for the sake of greed like the SEC and B1G then you are right.

Unfortunately, football started to fall out of favor in the west and 9 of the 12 programs entered into prolonged slumps of mediocrity. Recruiting and the Jimmys and Joes also began to become more concentrated in the southeast. The coaches that know they need those players also have been congregating in that footprint.
So the Pac 12 is better than the SEC and Big 10 because they didn't embrace absolute greed? No-that's just being ****ing stupid enough to think you can do things the way you always have and be fine.

So the Pac 12 is better than the SEC and Big 10 because they didn't embrace absolute greed? No-that's just being ****ing stupid enough to think you can do things the way you always have and be fine.
we aren't fine of course. and one way to create maybe a little leverage when we have none is to get a conference other than the big a little hot for us. once the GoR is done, it starts to limit everyone's options even the big if they wish to go beyond just the la schools.

****ing push a little CU. i have to believe that this is happening. they can't be THAT stupid as to be back on their heels waiting around to see what happens. of course, that is what i said when they did gb in, and i was horribly wrong about the intestinal fortitude of CU then too.

Saddling Oregon and UW with their respective little brothers would doom them to riding the P12 ship down. It would be, in a word, glorious.
I was working with a similar analogy. Legislatures didn't want Big Brother to swim off without Little Brother, so they tied them together with an 80lb chain.

Tempting to go peruse an Oregon site to soak up the rage.

if rg has any any any juice at all within the current CU admin, he is already talking with the big and the b12. sitting around hoping somehow everything works out is not a plan. i would like to believe even the douches like phil know this and are supporting rg in this time of change. hell, phil, what do you have to lose now? you are retiring. you don't have to be a politically neutral bureaucrat right this minute. do something, anything to add "saved CU football" to your bland and middle-management level career resume.
I am sure they will get to that FB conference stuff right after they polish up their Earth Day speeches.

Yeah I mean replacing USC/UCLA with San Diego State and UNLV/Fresno would be amazing for sure.

Think of the TV revenue.......that would still be less than what the Big 12 is getting.
no he means it improves our chances for a big bid. to fix the travel issues, the big and the la schools need some western schools. if uw and uo are off the table, our chances are improved.

plus, if the pac does hold together it will have to go bigger than adding 2. it will need to basically get the rest of the west of the g5. it makes me a little ill but it would be watchable for fans in the footprint.

I wonder how this is going over with the USC and UCLA alums? They are severing ties with Stanford and Cal. Many of their games are going to be half way across the country. This sure doesn’t seem like an”fan friendly” move. Not to mention California and West Coast recruits will be playing a lot of games out of reach of family. But hey! Maybe I’m overrating that stuff. They will be able to recruit better on a national basis. And it’ll be interesting to see how this effects NIL money for their athletes.
There's this new thing called television that allows fans to watch their teams play on road games.

What really strikes me about the CU Admin is just how delusional they've become. They want to be known as an academic's first institution. Great. How is that working out for you with your 83% acceptance rate? How about rankings, while we've been neglecting the front porch for 20 years, you'd hope they'd show some progress on bolstering our stellar academic record. Instead, we've steadily fallen down the rankings of public institutions. CU should embrace exactly what they are: A middling academic school that provides an unreal experience for local kids and rich kids from out of state. Part of that experience is (was) athletics. Perhaps if more people wanted to attend they could be more selective on who they accept, rather than just taking anyone with a pulse and the means to pay full freight.
I’ve lost all confidence in the CUAD. That said, I wonder how much control RG has as far as loosening recruiting restrictions, salaries, etc. We’ve discussed it ad nauseam, but CU’s administration just does not seem to be Interested in doing what is required to be competitive in football.

no he means it improves our chances for a big bid. to fix the travel issues, the big and the la schools need some western schools. if uw and uo are off the table, our chances are improved.

plus, if the pac does hold together it will have to go bigger than adding 2. it will need to basically get the rest of the west of the g5. it makes me a little ill but it would be watchable for fans in the footprint.
I'll pass on watching CU/CSU as a conference game.

I personally could see the B1G going for Stanford, UW and Oregon. But could see them leaving Oregon behind as well since they don't play fair with Nike money.
That would be lovely.

Frankly, if they were playing that move anytime soon, they'd have done it all at the same time.

My only question is if they will put us in the same division as CSU or the opposite division.

Yeah I mean replacing USC/UCLA with San Diego State and UNLV/Fresno would be amazing for sure.

Think of the TV revenue.......that would still be less than what the Big 12 is getting.
I mean, if this were actually true, Oregon and Washington are stuck in the Pac 12. Maybe the Big 12 takes the states Schools so they can get Oregon/Washington, but that scenario doesn't seem plausible at all, or in the best interest of the Big 12.

CU's chances at the BIG (which is what this is about) just skyrocketed

Season 2 Lol GIF by The Lonely Island

I mean, if this were actually true, Oregon and Washington are stuck in the Pac 12. Maybe the Big 12 takes the states Schools so they can get Oregon/Washington, but that scenario doesn't seem plausible at all, or in the best interest of the Big 12.

CU's chances at the BIG (which is what this is about) just skyrocketed
or dooms CU to the mountain west

The fact that the legislatures are even talking about saddling them with their little brothers is probably grounds enough for the B1G to have concerns about even making an offer to either.

The big thing when it comes to the state legislatures is that these are not Midwestern legislatures. Oklahoma's legislature zipped it because they knew that OU needed to go to the SEC and Okie Lite was holding them back.

Do PNW lawmakers know that? Do they care? Or are they going to be more concerned about historical ties and **** like that?

What I don't know is the UO/OSU/neither split in Oregon and the UW/WSU/neither split in Washington.

If this was CO, we'd be ****ed, because there are so few CU alumni in our state government.

Oh I totally agree on the first part of your post-There's more coming. The Big 10 isn't going into 2024 as presently constituted. If they can't get UW/UO, CU and Utah (I'd have to think) vault to the top of the list. Arizona doesn't do much for them (at least in my mind) and do you want ASU right now?

I think SDSU and Boise are probably locks to join the Pac. I would add Air Force too. They're a brand to at least some extent. CBS grabbed our game down there for a reason.

Back