What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I guess the days of thinking CU should be negotiating 2 for 1 schedules pretty much went out the window.
How much did we get paid to play at theOSU?

Both are already at 16 and it’s hard to imagine the likes of Oregon, Washington, FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC, UVA, VT, Utah, etc being left out.

Of course, the B1G and SEC could certainly kick out Rutgers, Illinois, Maryland, Vanderbilt, Miss State, etc, to stay at 16 each.

What’s the total number? 16 each? 20? 24?
I think the number ends at 20 per. Many decent programs will be left out.

If OU/UDub admission dilutes pool by 6M per team, what is $ impact of adding CU?
I think Portland is the drag in that equation. I think Denver probably is neutral or even slightly positive if you’re comparing to Portland. Compared to Seattle and UDub as a brand, Colorado doesn’t compare. I don’t see why the B10 would need Colorado in that case.

If OU/UDub admission dilutes pool by 6M per team, what is $ impact of adding CU?
What concessions does CU make to join the B1G? 50% payout for first 5 years with incremental increases after that? A lot of this hinges on Warren and the B1G’s vision for 5-10 years down the road

Would you trade taking away the Flatirons for admission to B1G?

If you are going to stand on top of the Flatirons without a parachute when they press the demolition button. Hell of a way to go out of this world.

TV market is one factor. It’s Colorado’s only feather when they’re looking for the complete package. Colorado is doomed.
I don’t think there are many programs left that are the complete package. If growth continues in these conferences I think market revenue dollars are the next most important factor.

This is Arizona’s 247 guy. Basically their Adam. He says Big 12 and PAC 12 will meet on Tuesday to discuss CU, UU, ASU, and UA moving to Big 12.
PAC 12 probably can’t be saved. UO and UW are trying to get out. BIG 10 is interested in Stanford, waiting on ND.

I don’t think there are many programs left that are the complete package. If growth continues in these conferences I think market revenue dollars are the next most important factor.
Colorado is way down the list in the complete package list. There aren’t many spots left, so the idea of Colorado’s inclusion remains idiotic.

Need is probably the wrong word. But, bundled carriage is certainly assisted by having a local program affiliated with the conference.

That yes, but my logic is that the TV market just shows the potential and they think they can "get the market" with their existing brands as they will be attractive enough to appeal to the locals even if the conference has no local presence there.

Being in the P12, it felt like we were the rustics out on the fringes, rejected by the snobs of the coast. We lost a lot of the secret sauce that set us apart when we moved to a homogenous conference of academic liberal bastions in pretty places that don’t care about football.

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SNOBS AND WE HATE FLAT STATES FULL OF HICKS

I want to see CU roll into some little sh*thole town in a cornfield and crush the only thing those farmers care about. Football is precious to these hicks and there’s nothing I relish more than beating them on the field and reminding them of their poverty states. Political differences between states? Thank god, that adds to the heat too.

I want passion and hatred in my CFB. I love reading all the Big12 fans already whining about us coming back after abandoning them.

These away games destinations in the Big 12 suck and that’s what I like. I don’t go to games to enjoy the view, I do it to get hammered, watch football, and talk sh*t. Waco is an environment significantly more conducive to this behavior than San Francisco

Give me the Big 12 and let me hate our conference opponents again please

Being different from everyone in conference was awesome. P12 is a big bore in comparison. When things get boring, the money dries up. Everything has to be downgraded as a result.

When I watched CU @ NU four years ago, it awakened something dormant in me…hatred for the corncobs and that elation of beating them was something I will never forget.

Tht is why we must move east. Big Ten or Big 12 would work for me. We thought the PAC-12 would be good for us but at least it taught us about who we really are. That reminded me of how much I learned about myself when I went to college two time zones away from CO. Buffaloes roam the plains not mountains or beaches. Time to go back to beating those farm schools and sending their fans on those long drives home.

Im still impressed with how many people showed up for CU games all those years despite a poor product on the field.

Colorado is way down the list in the complete package list. There aren’t many spots left, so the idea of Colorado’s inclusion remains idiotic.
Pretty high on the tv market revenue list though, which is the most important factor imo. But I get where you’re coming from. You very well could be right.

This is Arizona’s 247 guy. Basically their Adam. He says Big 12 and PAC 12 will meet on Tuesday to discuss CU, UU, ASU, and UA moving to Big 12.
PAC 12 probably can’t be saved. UO and UW are trying to get out. BIG 10 is interested in Stanford, waiting on ND.

This is at least the 2nd mention I've seen of CU, UU and the AZ schools meeting this week with the Big 12 to potentially join. Which is great, but doesn't CU have to wait until the B1G gives them a definitive no first? Yes they do. Of course this assumes that CU has had the foresight to apply for B1G membership.

This is at least the 2nd mention I've seen of CU, UU and the AZ schools meeting this week with the Big 12 to potentially join. Which is great, but doesn't CU have to wait until the B1G gives them a definitive no first? Yes they do. Of course this assumes that CU has had the foresight to apply for B1G membership.

Maybe the B1G has done so ... I also don't think you make a formal application until you know it gets accepted here. I think they reach out to you if they're interested or you try to establish if there's mutual interest through intermediaries.

The way it's worded feels weird, too. Why would the two conferences "meet" to discuss "hey you know what, why don't you just take a couple of our properties." I can't imagine any scenario where that makes sense unless the Pac North schools are thinking of just becoming the Pac 6- and playing a ****load of OOC games.

Sure. I waited until Salma Hayek gave me a definitive no, too, before I got married.

The way it's worded feels weird, too. Why would the two conferences "meet" to discuss "hey you know what, why don't you just take a couple of our properties." I can't imagine any scenario where that makes sense unless the Pac North schools are thinking of just becoming the Pac 6- and playing a ****load of OOC games.
Conference members might meet to create a new conference that isn’t P12 or B12 as a way to cut dead weight since neither conference can offload members

Back