What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Saw UF's schedule. 8 SEC games + Miami, FSU, UCF and a body bag. If they end up with 2 losses, it's better than a 1-loss from outside the P2. Maybe a 3-loss is more worthy.

I think that is the hardest college football schedule I have ever seen.

This is why the P2 will lobby for quickly eliminating autobids and eventually decide they don’t care to include the non-P2 programs in their playoff.

Even Alabama has Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma and Tennessee. It wouldn’t be surprising for them to end up a 2-3 loss team.

That’s going to be the norm going forward for the blue bloods and the current set up isn’t going to be maintained for very long

This is why the P2 will lobby for quickly eliminating autobids and eventually decide they don’t care to include the non-P2 programs in their playoff.

Even Alabama has Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma and Tennessee. It wouldn’t be surprising for them to end up a 2-3 loss team.

That’s going to be the norm going forward for the blue bloods and the current set up isn’t going to be maintained for very long
Legal reasons would make that extremely difficult

I think that is the hardest college football schedule I have ever seen.

USC had a recent year with 9 conference games + Notre Dame, Texas and iirc a good G5. But, yeah, it might be the toughest.

1991 Colorado Buffaloes. Tennessee (neutral site), Stanford, @ Illinois, @ Texas, Washington + Big 8 conference slate. (And Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

All of those non-conference opponents were Top 25, with the exception of Stanford.

auto-bids are going to be toast next go-round.

whomever gets to decide who is in playoffs is going to take a 2 or 3 loss sec team (or maybe big) over the champ of other alleged power conferences.

this feels unsettling.
Its funny there is this organization that could probably crack down on this. Didnt they once upon a time come up with March Madness that essentially relegated the NIT to being the consolation bracket. This sure seems like a good time to step in before college football gets too far out of whack.

Its funny there is this organization that could probably crack down on this. Didnt they once upon a time come up with March Madness that essentially relegated the NIT to being the consolation bracket. This sure seems like a good time to step in before college football gets too far out of whack.
Too late. That ship sailed years ago.

Legal reasons would make that extremely difficult
It'll start with removal of autobids in the current structure of the college football playoff. Then the separation of P2 and non P2 will happen when the P2 breaks away from the NCAA, forming their own entity where they can do whatever they want. Or, maybe it'll be the creation of a higher division of NCAA football where the lower divisions don't compete for the same championship, just like D3, D2, and FCS is today. Either way, the NFLification of CFB, where parity will become the goal so every week has 10+ games league-wide that can draw 5m+ viewers, is going to happen at some point.

Taking it a step or five further, and I know this concept is a bit out there and likely a long time away, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the new CFB entity holds a draft. High School players can choose to opt into the league but are subject to being drafted, or they can decide not to enter the draft and choose where to go play outside of that league. Obviously a lot has to happen before that structure becomes reality, but I truly believe all roads lead to emulating the NFL as much as possible, which will require parity, and a more equal distribution of talent.

Last edited:
looking at the announced conference schedule for the sec in 2024.

we have definitely been relegated.

auto-bids are going to be toast next go-round.

whomever gets to decide who is in playoffs is going to take a 2 or 3 loss sec team (or maybe big) over the champ of other alleged power conferences.

this feels unsettling.
P12 🤝 ACC

Time to put those AAU 🧠 to work and combine forces. B1G and SEC have built-in crossover games through expansion. Time to wake up.

It'll start with removal of autobids in the current structure of the college football playoff. Then the separation of P2 and non P2 will happen when the P2 breaks away from the NCAA, forming their own entity where they can do whatever they want. Or, maybe it'll be the creation of a higher division of NCAA football where the lower divisions don't compete for the same championship, just like D3, D2, and FCS is today. Either way, the NFLification of CFB, where parody will become the goal so every week has 10+ games league-wide that can draw 5m+ viewers, is going to happen at some point.

Taking it a step or five further, and I know this concept is a bit out there and likely a long time away, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the new CFB entity holds a draft. High School players can choose to opt into the league but are subject to being drafted, or they can decide not to enter the draft and choose where to go play outside of that league. Obviously a lot has to happen before that structure becomes reality, but I truly believe all roads lead to emulating the NFL as much as possible, which will require parody, and a more equal distribution of talent.
I'm currently assuming your word choice of 'parody' was intentional

1991 Colorado Buffaloes. Tennessee (neutral site), Stanford, @ Illinois, @ Texas, Washington + Big 8 conference slate. (And Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

All of those non-conference opponents were Top 25, with the exception of Stanford.

That was the 1990 schedule and it was brutal because CU traveled to Nebraska that year too. That was some good football I watched at Folsom that year.

What makes Florida's 2024 schedule brutal is that all OOC games are within the state and those FSU, Miami, and UCF players could have a chip on their shoulder for not getting a scholly to UF. That's like having three rivalry OOC games and all three are against power conference foes. Florida State appears to be on its way back and the U should have an almost full recruiting cycle under Cristobal. UCF would have a year of the B12 under their belt as well.

They get both Texas schools, LSU, Ole Miss, and UK in addition to UGA & Tennessee.

As for the hardest SEC schedules, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, and Miss State's slates are tough. OU has only three home SEC games.

season 4 ifc GIF by Portlandia

I don't see this lasting more than two weeks.

BUT...................

Wash, rinse, repeat. You guys have been on the "I don't see it lasting more than two weeks" bandwagon for a dozen or so two-week periods.

It'll start with removal of autobids in the current structure of the college football playoff. Then the separation of P2 and non P2 will happen when the P2 breaks away from the NCAA, forming their own entity where they can do whatever they want. Or, maybe it'll be the creation of a higher division of NCAA football where the lower divisions don't compete for the same championship, just like D3, D2, and FCS is today. Either way, the NFLification of CFB, where parity will become the goal so every week has 10+ games league-wide that can draw 5m+ viewers, is going to happen at some point.

Taking it a step or five further, and I know this concept is a bit out there and likely a long time away, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the new CFB entity holds a draft. High School players can choose to opt into the league but are subject to being drafted, or they can decide not to enter the draft and choose where to go play outside of that league. Obviously a lot has to happen before that structure becomes reality, but I truly believe all roads lead to emulating the NFL as much as possible, which will require parity, and a more equal distribution of talent.

I really think that the P2 breaking away will be the beginning and the end of college football (well, actually just a continuation, but a big one).

Football fans have proven again and again that they don't want minor league football. It's the facade of "student-athletes" and the tradition of college football that they want.

The more they erode that, the less people will watch.

Back