What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I'm really enjoying Twitter right now. A ton of BIG XII teams fans are defending CU against the onslaught of ridicule from the remaining Pac 12-3 members. Anger and envy starting to come through. We left at the perfect time.

Many may have wanted CU to stay in the weakened and now sinking Pac boat, but it feels good to be desired.
College football fans understand the value Colorado brings. The Pac12 has too few of them.

Oh, don't worry about that. We just joined a conference where two schools are run by religious orders with explicitly racist origins. When we start tuning up those assholes from BYU and **** Bailer, the hate will flow both ways.

Oh, and Fred2? Get bent MFer.

thank you! I love the hate! I feel like prime and cu! It’s great to be hated!

I'm really enjoying Twitter right now. A ton of BIG XII teams fans are defending CU against the onslaught of ridicule from the remaining Pac 12-3 members. Anger and envy starting to come through. We left at the perfect time.

Many may have wanted CU to stay in the weakened and now sinking Pac boat, but it feels good to be desired.

The P12 and its tiny media arm of Canzano/Wilner and 200 fans can try all they want, but we’re finally partnered with ESPN now. The narrative has already changed and ESPN will control the narrative in our favor since we’re an acolyte.

Notice the highlights of scoring on USC and Finebaum/ESPN running segments to pump us up and further deflate the P12. The P12 tried too long to fight sports media instead of going with the flow and they have paid dearly

Last edited:

The P12 and its tiny media arm of Canzano/Wilner and 200 fans can try all they want, but we’re finally partnered with ESPN now. The narrative has already changed and ESPN will control the narrative in our favor since we’re an acolyte.

Notice the highlights of scoring on USC/UW and Finebaum/ESPN running segments to pump us up and further deflate the P12. The P12 tried too long to fight sports media instead of going with the flow and they have paid dearly

I do disagree with the assertion that the PAC12 fought sports media. Sitting on the side of the road watching expensive cars zoom by, complaining about their speed, does not make someone either traffic cop or a rebel. Just lazy. lol

I do disagree with the assertion that the PAC12 fought sports media. Sitting on the side of the road watching expensive cars zoom by, complaining about their speed, does not make someone either traffic cop or a rebel. Just lazy. lol
The P12 didn’t give up rights on its P12 network to the conglomerates like the other conferences did. By freezing them out to preserve full control, they really dug a grave years ago that is too deep for George to crawl out of now imo. Should’ve given them a vested interest in the network to prop it up years ago. Smaller piece of a bigger pie and all that

Just heard an interview with Brett McMurphy and he had a few things that were sort of interesting:

- The pro rata with ESPN is capped at 16 teams while it is capped at 14 with Fox, but they feel they could go back to Fox and get it done for 16 teams.

- Arizona is the most likely school to join but if another school steps up first the Big 12 won't wait or hold a spot for UA.

- He thinks Utah feels a sense of loyalty to the Pac12 and wants to see what the media deal is before leaving.

- He seems to think the Big 12 would be good with 14 although I'm sure if Oregon and UW want to join then 16 would be the number. The Big 12 wouldn't say no to those schools.

- If no Pac 12 teams want to join the Big 12 (which I think is very unlikely) then they would look at a G5 team to get to 14. Memphis is the only available G5 school that doesn't have at least a $30 million exit fee with their conference

I am good with UW, Oregon and Arizona coming with us. Yes, @Goose, I just heard you scream that we would be adding Arizona basketball to an already tough conference.
I've accepted the death of CU hoops already. Besides, I like Zona fans (key is to ignore the mouthbreathers that exist in any fan base...*looks around our board*) and am giddy about the thought of KU fans having to deal with them. GIDDY.

Just heard an interview with Brett McMurphy and he had a few things that were sort of interesting:

- The pro rata with ESPN is capped at 16 teams while it is capped at 14 with Fox, but they feel they could go back to Fox and get it done for 16 teams.

- Arizona is the most likely school to join but if another school steps up first the Big 12 won't wait or hold a spot for UA.

- He thinks Utah feels a sense of loyalty to the Pac12 and wants to see what the media deal is before leaving.

- He seems to think the Big 12 would be good with 14 although I'm sure if Oregon and UW want to join then 16 would be the number. The Big 12 wouldn't say no to those schools.

- If no Pac 12 teams want to join the Big 12 (which I think is very unlikely) then they would look at a G5 team to get to 14. Memphis is the only available G5 school that doesn't have at least a $30 million exit fee with their conference
Thanks, this is pretty solid confirmation that there are only 4 slots (or 2) for the Big 12, which explains why the remaining PAC schools will be clawing each others eyes out to get in very soon to get the last slot or three slots.

Last edited:

This all seems like how I lean at the moment. Rumors out there that another will jump either today or next few days, and if that happens, the PAC is deader than dead and their best deal would be to merge with MWC for whatever they can get on a media deal. Maybe a few leftovers go independent.

I just don't see B1G or SEC throwing lifeboats and going above 16 with the uncertainty of the playoffs beyond 2025.

So glad CU took the first lifeboat out of the 4.

Would be hilarious if Utah screws themselves and ends up back with csu and Fresno.

Would be hilarious if Utah screws themselves and ends up back with csu and Fresno.
I’m not sure if Utah could not stomach the thought of joining BYU or BYU wants to block the Utes’ entrance in the Big 12, or if it’s a combination of both. Nevertheless, it’s the best program out there with perhaps the worst options. Very undeserved position in my opinion.

from the bastion of Boulder a force of goodness and light will spread across the plains and int the hearts of the people. They will throw off the bonds of hate and oppression and mistrust. They will turn to the idea of cooperation and solidarity in search of comity.

RIP sinead.

Now if we could just get our own mouth breathers on proper meds….

Edie Falco Kate GIF by CBS

In before;

The PAC-12 has issued a statement regarding Oregon's decision to follow CU to the Big XII.
"As an academics focused conference, we always felt that Oregon and their affiliation to Nike took away from that academic focus while funneling money towards the athletics side of things. Oregon's decision today changes nothing about the PAC-12's academic goals and ability to reach those goals.

We look forward to consummating a media deal in the very near future even though we are absolutely ****ed without UO and CU"

Back