What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I will be very pleasantly surprised if the B12 can manage to get Oregon, Washington and Arizona… and Tulane. Dammit, people, they’re right there waiting for us. We may never get another opportunity like this again.

The P12 didn’t give up rights on its P12 network to the conglomerates like the other conferences did. By freezing them out to preserve full control, they really dug a grave years ago that is too deep for George to crawl out of now imo. Should’ve given them a vested interest in the network to prop it up years ago. Smaller piece of a bigger pie and all that

Hindsight, and should have been foresight, the ONLY way the PAC 12 network with full rights control MIGHT have worked was if the PAC dominated college football over that time. Like Alabama/Georgia type dominance where they were the teams to beat and watch and middle of the pack teams consistently being ranked, giving the PAC leverage. Instead, the PAC was the worst. Risky gamble for not a lot of added reward.

In before;

The PAC-12 has issued a statement regarding Oregon's decision to follow CU to the Big XII.
"As an academics focused conference, we always felt that Oregon and their affiliation to Nike took away from that academic focus while funneling money towards the athletics side of things. Oregon's decision today changes nothing about the PAC-12's academic goals and ability to reach those goals.

We look forward to consummating a media deal in the very near future even though we are absolutely ****ed without UO and CU"
We traded up! We have replaced Oregon with former Southwest Conference Power, Rice who has a winning record against UGA. We are proud that we have upgraded the conference of champions.

Just heard an interview with Brett McMurphy and he had a few things that were sort of interesting:

- The pro rata with ESPN is capped at 16 teams while it is capped at 14 with Fox, but they feel they could go back to Fox and get it done for 16 teams.

- Arizona is the most likely school to join but if another school steps up first the Big 12 won't wait or hold a spot for UA.

- He thinks Utah feels a sense of loyalty to the Pac12 and wants to see what the media deal is before leaving.

- He seems to think the Big 12 would be good with 14 although I'm sure if Oregon and UW want to join then 16 would be the number. The Big 12 wouldn't say no to those schools.

- If no Pac 12 teams want to join the Big 12 (which I think is very unlikely) then they would look at a G5 team to get to 14. Memphis is the only available G5 school that doesn't have at least a $30 million exit fee with their conference
Got a link to this interview? I'd like to listen to it

Been listening to some of the national CFB pods and I have to say, while they are mostly agreeable with CU making this decision, there is still this "meh" mentality about the value of Colorado. One of the guys on Fornelli's pod said CU football had a ceiling of being around 60th and that they don't really have the potential to come in and dominate even the Big 12.

Klatt's "emergency" pod was pretty good and while he's obviously a bit of a homer, I think there's more logic and he understands the value of Colorado's brand going forward.

My impression from most of the replies I've seen is that more Pac additions is something most of us would feel is signicantly positive for CU. We don't perfectly fit either conference's geography and have important ties to both. When politics creeps in, you also see the purple state CO stuff where we're a state that's home to "Focus on the Family" Colorado Springs, "Berkeley of the Rockies" Boulder, and everything in between. So a conference which balanced Midwest, Southwest, Rocky Mountain and Pacific Coast is pretty much as home for CU/CO as you can get.
We aren't purple anymore! Blue as they come, from the beautiful Rocky Mountains to ****hole Kansas.

It's why Fred is so angry

Been listening to some of the national CFB pods and I have to say, while they are mostly agreeable with CU making this decision, there is still this "meh" mentality about the value of Colorado. One of the guys on Fornelli's pod said CU football had a ceiling of being around 60th and that they don't really have the potential to come in and dominate even the Big 12.

Klatt's "emergency" pod was pretty good and while he's obviously a bit of a homer, I think there's more logic and he understands the value of Colorado's brand going forward.
Cover 3 is probably one of the worst CFB podcasts out there. For journalist “thought leaders” who cover the sport, I’m shocked at how completely misinformed they are on most teams and sport dynamics. Feels like a couple NFL guys who occasionally watch CFB to me

Cover 3 is probably one of the worst CFB podcasts out there. For journalist “thought leaders” who cover the sport, I’m shocked at how completely misinformed they are on most teams and sport dynamics. Feels like a couple NFL guys who occasionally watch CFB to me
I have long respected Fornelli (he has typically been fairly dialed into CFB) and he grew up a CU fan, but they just haven't really been paying attention to what's going on at CU the last 8 months and just how drastically things have changed and what it means going forward.

I have long respected Fornelli (he has typically been fairly dialed into CFB) and he grew up a CU fan, but they just haven't really been paying attention to what's going on at CU the last 8 months and just how drastically things have changed and what it means going forward.
Losing the Podcast of Champions is going to be the worst part of all this. Incredible podcast that doesn’t give af about the P12 lol

SIAP, but UW may not have as much leeway to leave as say, UO. The WA legislature is strangely protective of Wazzu, and WA funds the Universities with public money at a pretty substantial clip. So, in my expert opinion, UO is coming, but UW may get saddled with lil bro and stuck in whatever tinker toy conference the P12-3 (and counting) becomes.

Nik in this thread

Both Sides Casey GIF by Australian Survivor

Another thing I forgot to mention what McMurphy said is that he expects one of the ACC schools to challenge the GOR within the next year.
FSU Board of Trustees has scheduled meetings for 8/2 with an agenda item about a Booster Loan.

This has been the route most FSU 24/7 reports suggest they are pursuing. Buy back back rights and finance it back.

This is what I like most about the move. Prime just got a lot more exposure to recruits in Texas and even Florida, where he's done his best work. If we want to be relevant again, we have to maximize the Prime Years and this is the best way to do that. No school in the country has been talked about more than CU this off-season. Show meaningful improvement on the field and things turn in a hurry, if they haven't already.

Back