What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

i think they stick with the pac. too much humility from uo required.

they stay and the 6 pac remnants either add a couple g5 and stop or they merge with the mwc.
That conference is rough...

UO, OSU, UW, WSU, Cal, Furd, ASU, Utah, SDSU, BSU, SMU and... CSU/UNLV/UNM/USU/AFA

Dennis Dodd is still a moron. Just because he was right once doesn’t mean he’s not a complete tool.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

No ACC teams are leaving anytime soon. The deadline to inform the conference they're leaving for 2024 is August 15th and nobody is getting out of the GOR that quickly.
Unless FSU and Clemson can actually get 6 others to vote to dissolve the conference. The nuclear option is there, I don't think they will be able to get it to work at this time, but they have discussed it.

Unless FSU and Clemson can actually get 6 others to vote to dissolve the conference. The nuclear option is there, I don't think they will be able to get it to work at this time, but they have discussed it.

The problem with that is they need to get 8 schools together who all know they have a guaranteed landing spot. Which could certainly happen but I think the odds are low since that would be a lot of moving parts that would need to come together simultaneously.

The problem with that is they need to get 8 schools together who all know they have a guaranteed landing spot. Which could certainly happen but I think the odds are low since that would be a lot of moving parts that would need to come together simultaneously.
I agree it is unlikely.

Big 12 could stand pat and let that shake out though. It is highly likely that ASU and Utah will be waiting to get the call up whenever the Big12 gets a clear picture.

they call it the pac and try to hold on to the playoff spot.

they then dare the sec and big to question their right to an auto bid.

sec and big look around and say, naw, let them have it.
We already have one spot open for the Best G5 champ LOL.

No need for a second.

I guess I'm not alone. Should have checked twitter before posting.

I'm checking Canzano's twitter right now. If they're staying, he's probably all over it.

Saw something that UW wants an extra $10m from the B1G for "travel expenses". I hope the XII stops here until that plays out.

Last edited:
Wait on ORWA fate?
Yep.

Also, play chicken with the B1G on who's going to be the villain or the savior.

B1G decides it's just fine at 16 and they can get certain teams whenever they want.

But the wait pushes against tomorrow's deadline on the Apple offer and the Pac-8 teams get extra desperate because what they had expired.

I'm not one of the doomsayers who thinks college football is headed down a bad path however I do think this article brings up some very good points. Worth a read.

I can see the points for what happened to NASCAR and apply it towards college sports.

Before this year’s realignment blew up, I did not have a positive outlook for the future of college sports. Now I’m feeling better than a year ago and this comes from my CU googles being on my face. Assuming that ASU & Utah joins the B12, CU is going to be right in the middle of the UT & AZ schools along with the KS schools in addition to OSU and OSU think you could consider TT a border rival. CU had the Nubs, KU, KSU, OU, and OSU as border rivals in the old Big 8. That’s five border rivals. With UA, ASU, BYU, Utah, KSU, KU, OSU, and perhaps TT, that’s seven or eight border rivals and we are in the middle of them as opposed to being on one side.

CU just needs to win and then the loathing from those fan bases will pour in.

Details of the ABOR meeting are starting to come out. UA is Big XII bound, done deal. ASU reluctantly will be too, eventually...probably. But not before their Pac-12 loving prez throws a hissy fit.

It appears that Crow might have thrown a fit judging by the reactions on X.

Back