What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

agree, I think some sort of partnership splitting games between ESPN and Apple is the most viable path for a cost-to-coast conference. gives ESPN night content and Apple access to CFB games.

obviously I don't know the details of what each might put on the table
Like someone said here, the time needed to get that done is massive. This seems like bluff. Oregon State and Washington State told OR and WA, they are willing to give their 10 mil to their other State institution. So they are going to die without a fight

So any new members would have to agree to the ACC GOR. Not happening
not happening... unless the expanded conference inks a better media deal (ESPN puts up a little more and Apple comes in with money)

if the expanded conference could get media money above the XII's deal, then all of a sudden a 12 year commitment from the Pac 8 seems realistic

It'll be better, but I think you're being a little too optimistic by assuming that this conference is going to be driven by sports 100%. I mean, is hoops going to be unfairly judged and will our game at Baylor on January 6, 2025 be ruled a neutral site game when no Baylor fans are in attendance because they're all in Washington DC jails at that time? Or will we still get credit for the road game?

At the very least, the bare minimum, the horns won't be there. Plus we'll get to see them struggle in a conference where the rules aren't bent in their favor. Win win!

Stillwater, oh how we have missed you sweet Stillwater.

EPP1573.jpg

Can you imagine us in this thread if Colorado was still part of this **** show? Lol
If Dr. Phil were still calling the shots up there we would be, and be headed out the losing end.

He can't go away soon enough but my impression is that he has been completely removed from the loop in terms of this decision making.

Impression is that Saliman has told him Rick George has this, sign whatever he puts on your desk.

As soon as the ACC GOR is gone, so is Clemson, Free Shoes, and several others to SEC/B1G
No matter, a conference merger of the Pac and ACC including powerhouses OSU, WSU, Cal, Stanford, Wake, BC, NC St., Louisville and Syracuse will challenge the B1G and SEC for supremacy, said George Kilavakoff in a statement today.

If Dr. Phil were still calling the shots up there we would be, and be headed out the losing end.

He can't go away soon enough but my impression is that he has been completely removed from the loop in terms of this decision making.

Impression is that Saliman has told him Rick George has this, sign whatever he puts on your desk.
"We will stand with Cal and Stanford to the bitter end" would likely be Dr. Phil's motto.

The Pac 12 has no media deal and espn isn’t incentivized to agree to one that would include the ACC. ACC/Pac isn’t happening
Especially since all indications are that the ACC won't include Clemson/FSU and potentially a couple of their other premier programs and the PAC, already without USC/UCLA/CU is likely to be without UW/O and the Zona schools.

What will be left is closer to the MWC/AAC than it is to the SEC/B1G

The Pac 12 has no media deal and espn isn’t incentivized to agree to one that would include the ACC. ACC/Pac isn’t happening
re: ESPN incentives... if the ACC breaks up, they're left with nothing but the XII and G5 conferences. They have large incentive to keep the ACC together (i.e. help avoid the 'nuclear option' that FSU seems to pursuing)

that being said, I don't have a picture in my head of how the details work out

Back