What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Ain't gonna happen.
Nada No GIF by CBC
I hope it doesn't. Likely Oregon and Washington ploy to get B1G to up their offer.

How does ACC/Pac merger generate any more $ for anyone. Multiple teams in ACC already want to blow that conference up because the $ is so bad. Pac $ is a joke by all reports. Is ESPN/Fox somehow going to throw a few hundred million more into a 24 team conference tv deal?

All they are doing at this point is putting a band aid on a gaping chest wound.
if the media money comes up, I think it's a combination of ESPN and Apple, not Fox

Apple also needs to be realistic. No one is doing an Apple only deal
agree, I think some sort of partnership splitting games between ESPN and Apple is the most viable path for a cost-to-coast conference. gives ESPN night content and Apple access to CFB games.

obviously I don't know the details of what each might put on the table

What a clown show. I can’t wait to join a conference where the SPORTS are what the media talks about. 10 years of media deals, exposure, officiating scandal, Larry Scott, and conference leadership talk. It’ll be so nice for the media to talk about teams instead of all that admin s***
It'll be better, but I think you're being a little too optimistic by assuming that this conference is going to be driven by sports 100%. I mean, is hoops going to be unfairly judged and will our game at Baylor on January 6, 2025 be ruled a neutral site game when no Baylor fans are in attendance because they're all in Washington DC jails at that time? Or will we still get credit for the road game?

ORWA: "We are doing everything we can to move to the B1G, but we want you all to hold tight in case we need you as a backup plan. If we stay, it's a great situation for you."

OSU/WSU/Cal/Furd: "No better option than to grab the lube and bite the pillow."

ASU/Utah: "We've got too much political capital invested to bail if there's still a chance."

UA: "Later losers. We're taking the money and stability in the nation's best basketball conference."

That's my read on today.

Back