What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

Not good. I guess Tedric was not well thought of based on this article.
Not thought of well by PFF. My bet would be that Carroll has not interest in PFF opinion.

Everything I've seen is that Carroll likes him, he has shown up and made big plays for them. You don't put a guy you don't like out their every defensive snap in the game.

Ted was a tough guy at CU, played with some serious bumps and bruises. Wouldn't surprise me if Ted played a good part of the game with the injury then got shut down when he went in for treatment and the doctors diagnosed the injury and said no.

Not thought of well by PFF. My bet would be that Carroll has not interest in PFF opinion.

Everything I've seen is that Carroll likes him, he has shown up and made big plays for them. You don't put a guy you don't like out their every defensive snap in the game.

Ted was a tough guy at CU, played with some serious bumps and bruises. Wouldn't surprise me if Ted played a good part of the game with the injury then got shut down when he went in for treatment and the doctors diagnosed the injury and said no.
He was playing through a labrum injury for a while, Carroll said as much. Carroll likes him but he's given him a long leash, while he's made some big plays, Carroll was very annoyed at a mistake he made against Baltimore and he's had a few other high profile mistakes as well that has always had Seattle fans frustrated with him. Shame really, game time is really the thing he needs to work things out but maybe the time off will let him get healthy and his mind right, I trust Carroll will continue to handle him fairly.

He was playing through a labrum injury for a while, Carroll said as much. Carroll likes him but he's given him a long leash, while he's made some big plays, Carroll was very annoyed at a mistake he made against Baltimore and he's had a few other high profile mistakes as well that has always had Seattle fans frustrated with him. Shame really, game time is really the thing he needs to work things out but maybe the time off will let him get healthy and his mind right, I trust Carroll will continue to handle him fairly.
This is fair. In his time at Seattle he has been a high risk, high reward player. Logical that Carroll would like for him to cut down on the plays he gives up while still making the positive ones.

Any idea though that Carroll is somehow trying to dump him makes no sense bases on his playing time up to this point.

I had forgotten about the prior labrum injury, very possible he was playing with it and aggravated it to a point they didn't want to push it further.

Not sure where to put this, so I'm going with this thread. Cliff Branch was selected as a finalist senior member for the expanded Centennial Class. 10 players will be chosen, and of course I'm biased, but I think he has a great chance. (Randy Gradishar is also on the list for us Broncos fans) Dick Anderson and Boyd Dowler did not make the cut.

Here's to Cliff Branch - wish he were alive to be inducted.

Thumbs down me all you want, but, it's not real stats unless Brian Howell is including pop warner as well

Thumbs down me all you want, but, it's not real stats unless Brian Howell is including pop warner as well

I get your point, but I think Brian Howell was pointing out that Lindsay has been somewhat overlooked at all levels (not highly recruited, undrafted) but has produced everywhere he’s been.

You do realize a thumbs down isn't a personal attack, rather just a disagreement with a comment right?
Yeah, I am not offended.

Furthermore, I am a major homer, but Howell's aggregate stats of Phil pulling from high school and college is a little embarrassing...

I appreciate the sentiment alluding to Phil being over looked, I just believe Howell could have framed it better. ie..

Lindsay is the first undrafted RB to have two consecutive 1000 yard seasons in the NFL

Or

Despite being over looked and undrafted Lindsay continues to prove the football world wrong

...I simply felt like Howell was sounding super homererotis in the tweet.

Back