What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

Best wishes to punter Alex Kinney! (From the article, sounds like the Patriots already have a good young punter, so this may just be for contingency purposes (injury to the starter, etc.).) -

Direct link to article - https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-h...workout?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"
As always, the Patriots do what they can to be ready for anything.

According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, the Patriots will host undrafted rookie punter Alex Kinney for a free agent work out.
"

Rough few days for some Buffs as roster cuts were happening around the league. Paul Richardson, Devin Ross, Juwann Winfree, Tony Brown, Steven Montez and Delrick Abrams. A few of them should land practice team spots though.

In positive news it seems Tedric Thompson made the chiefs squad and Arlington Hambright has a spot with the Bears.

I missed this before but Josh Tupou opted out of the season.

Montez making the practice squad doesn't surprise me at all. The tools are there, and they will make him prove he can't learn to use them.

The other reality is he most likely doesn't have the other things pulling at him like he did in college. I think we can all agree he wanted to be the QB but he also wanted to have a great time in college. Now it's his job and livelihood. I wouldn't be shocked if he focuses more concerted effort on it than he did while he was at his time in CU.

I have on my fantasy team but left him on the bench this week

Shenault lined up everywhere including Wildcat and RB. Encouraging to see Jax is going to use his full skill set and not just stick him outside at WR every play. Seeing that, I think he has a chance to put up the best stats of any of the rookie WRs

Shenault lined up everywhere including Wildcat and RB. Encouraging to see Jax is going to use his full skill set and not just stick him outside at WR every play. Seeing that, I think he has a chance to put up the best stats of any of the rookie WRs
It's a catch-22 though. Using his full skill set and lining him up all over the field is great, but it's actually going to limit his receiving statistic potential, and open him up to injury. One or two plays/game at Wildcat/RB is fine, but if he wants to have a long and highly productive career, it's going to have to be mostly at WR. Otherwise, I'm afraid he ends up with a career closer to Cordarelle Patterson than Julio Jones, both of whom he's drawn comparisons to

I think it's a terrible idea to line him up in the wildcat. It will definitely shorten his career. I'd much rather see him drag DB's into the end zone.
Probably right but good luck getting a coach to look at him and not line him up back there, especially in a short yardage situation. And Viska won't be the one to say stop.

Viska's Week 1 highlight reel

Here are all of Viska's Week 1 receptions and carries in one video. Also includes one drop, Minshew's only incomplete pass of the day (19/20 173 yds 3 TD).

1. :)04) Viska's first career reception, a 4-yd pass from Minshew. Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five ... but six Colts defenders eventually stop Viska (sound familiar?). Couldn't actually tackle him to the turf, but they do manage to stop his forward progress and the ref blows the play dead; Viska is still on his feet at that point.

2. :)18) Viska's only incompletion, off a play-action. Minshew tries to squeeze it in through a tight window, but it's well defended and knocked away.

3. :)28) Viska's second catch, down the right sideline for a first down. He's forced out of bounds by CB Rock Ya-Sin, but Viska knocks the 190 lb. defensive back on his ass, and flings him about 2 or 3 yards downfield.

4. :)35) Viska's first carry, a 5 yard run on a direct snap to Viska, with Minshew in motion to the left.

5. :)50) Viska's first career TD, a 15 yard play over the middle, caught at the 10 and run into the end zone.

6. (1:02) Viska's second carry, a 5 yard run lined up as a running back on a hand-off from Minshew.

Only three catches in Week 1, but all of them worth taking a look at. Also, his TD was the only receiving touchdown by a rookie WR in Week 1.

Stats from the rookie WR's drafted ahead of Viska:
  • Henry Ruggs III: three receptions for 55 yards.
  • Jerry Jeudy: four receptions for 56 yards.
  • CeeDee Lamb: five receptions for 59 yards.
  • Jalen Reagor: one reception for 55 yards.
  • Justin Jefferson: two receptions for 26 yards.
  • Brandon Aiyuk: inactive.
  • Tee Higgins: no catches.
  • Michael Pittman Jr.: two receptions for 10 yards

Back