What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-Stanford Game Thread - 1:30PM - ESPN

Brad Keselowski Win GIF by NASCAR

Love Noyer!
The defense can be great at the first 2 levels, but yes, Gonzalez needs to improve rapidly. Where is Trujillo and Luckett? They were pretty solid last year.
WR's are freaking rock solid
Play Calling has been very nice and professional
Broussard is a stud
Keep improving, keep winning, keep making me feel warm and fuzzy

Defense seems to lack a killer instinct or something. For the second week in a row, we squeak out a victory-- but I'm left feeling like we were dominant for the majority of the game... It's odd. Way more good than bad, nonetheless-- we're 2-0!!
Also, the O kind of shifts into a 'hold the lead' mode, instead of going all out and I think that effects everything, O and D.

I don't think you can whine about killer instinct much. They went up 3 scores and played a near perfect prevent defense to win. That 4th quarter was well designed and purposeful.
Yeah, you could argue he plays it incredibly safe, but it worked in a way where they had to earn everything, we avoided mistakes and if our defense could catch, no one would really be questioning the results of this one. It's certainly better handled than Hawkins doing an end around to our WR and passing the ball instead of handing it to our elite RB, and better than MacIntyre going for it on 4th and 1 at the 50 and the defense giving huge chunks of yardage at a time. You should never lose a game where you can hand it to your half-back every time, burn clock, and play prevent D, and to be fair to Dorrell, that's working better than what Mac/Hawk were trying. Defense just has to capitalize on mistakes better when teams are forced to throw every down.

I don't think you can whine about killer instinct much. They went up 3 scores and played a near perfect prevent defense to win. That 4th quarter was well designed and purposeful.
Stanford O helped.

Back