What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

CU @ UCF - September 28 @ 1:30 PM MT Game Thread

I’m not on Instagram. Did Chris Fowler talk about the game in an Instagram live stream Saturday night? If so, can someone post it? TIA

Joel Klatt mentioned on one of his podcasts this week that he went through the UCF Film and Colorado went from 80% of the time in 4-Wide to 75% in 3-Wide with a Tight End and that Smalls played more snaps than Wester and Horn because one of them were off the field for Smalls. I have been crying for this non stop and Klatt says that it worked perfectly to accomplish so many good things related to Run Game, Protections, and how it steadied our line etc. He expected us to stay in that and use it as our new primary plan, and it leans directly into Shurmur getting his way, and imagine if we would have used that against Nebraska instead of thinking we could block those monsters.

I still firmly believe that the attitude that having Hunter-Horn-Wester-Sheppard with Shedeur was so inviting and so overwhelming mentally that Prime and Shedeur wanted it to be the thing, and the change is going to propel us forward as contenders instead of getting our QB killed.

Joel Klatt mentioned on one of his podcasts this week that he went through the UCF Film and Colorado went from 80% of the time in 4-Wide to 75% in 3-Wide with a Tight End and that Smalls played more snaps than Wester and Horn because one of them were off the field for Smalls. I have been crying for this non stop and Klatt says that it worked perfectly to accomplish so many good things related to Run Game, Protections, and how it steadied our line etc. He expected us to stay in that and use it as our new primary plan, and it leans directly into Shurmur getting his way, and imagine if we would have used that against Nebraska instead of thinking we could block those monsters.

I still firmly believe that the attitude that having Hunter-Horn-Wester-Sheppard with Shedeur was so inviting and so overwhelming mentally that Prime and Shedeur wanted it to be the thing, and the change is going to propel us forward as contenders instead of getting our QB killed.
Now imagine if we actually recruited a legit TE instead of converting a DE. I actually have hope that Smalls can develop into a decent TE option if they keep him involved throughout the year, but someone like Chamon Metayer would be a huge weapon for this offense right now.

Back