What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

CU @ UCF - September 28 @ 1:30 PM MT Game Thread

As I said at the time and will continue to say, that game was Nebraska's super bowl this year. They pointed to it all off season and put everything they had into it. Just like we did the year before. They haven't played the same before or since.
Maybe, but we haven't played the same either. That game was an obvious low point and finally a catalyst for change. That was always my concern- would the staff make the necessary adjustments to protect Shedeur, utilize the TE, emphasize running and the short passing game, etc. Now that they've done that, I feel very confident about our chances going forward. But given the gameplan we saw against Nebraska, it was fair to question if that would actually happen.

Helllllll no! Arizona is one of our easiest remaining games. Don't let the Utah game fool you. Arizona is not good.

Far more worried about Utah, Okie State, KSU, and probably even Texas Tech.
Texas Tech is by far our hardest road game the rest of the way. They're decent and Lubbock is a way tougher place to play than Tucson.

Yeah, but he's way less annoying
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Texas Tech is by far our hardest road game the rest of the way. They're decent and Lubbock is a way tougher place to play than Tucson.
Not sure where the Texas Tech love is coming from. Their defense is awful. 88th overall in scoring defense at 30.3 ppg, 97th in passing defense and 82nd in rushing defense.

They can score some points for sure, but I’ll take our defense to slow them down enough for our offense

Looks like we got 1 vote in the AP and 9 in the Coaches. No surprise that coaches respect our team more than media members

So excited to be in the bye week 4-1. The Buffs got you the 21 point win one game late (I think you wanted it in game 3 or 4). It was game 5 on the road, which made it all that much better!! If we get/stay healthy and steadily build off of the bye week, I like our chances at a special season. We may still see some shuffling on the Oline, however I think we have probably seen most of the players that will play this season. The D looks pretty set. Amazing how far they have come in 5 games under BL. We still had a blown play here and there, but they are much more consistent and physical than last year, now the turnovers are coming. The talent is showing through with that group.

All the games are important, but the next 2 games are very important. Beating KSU at home (another dual threat offense) would be huge--we need a special effort and show we can dominate a good/great team at home. UoA does not look like the top-25 world beater projected early. I am shocked UoA got off the canvas after being throttled @KSU, beating Utah on the road. Utah has QB issues. Kansas looks to be a mess--I wonder if the media still thinks Lance Leipold is the best coach in the B-12. I still think Okie State will be tough and they are fighting through adversity now, so their season can go either way. In sum, the B-12 is wide open.

Last edited:
So excited to be in the bye week 4-1. The Buffs got you the 21 point win one game late (I think you wanted it in game 3 or 4). It was game 5 on the road, which made it all that much better!! If we get/stay healthy and steadily build off of the bye week, I like our chances at a special season. We may still see some shuffling on the Oline, however I think we have probably seen most of the players that will play this season. The D looks pretty set. Amazing how far they have come in 5 games under BL. We still had a blown play here and there, but they are much more consistent and physical than last year, now the turnovers are coming. The talent is showing through with that group.

All the games are important, but the next 2 games are very important. Beating KSU at home (another dual threat offense) would be huge--we need a special effort and show we can dominate a good/great team at home. UoA does not look like the top-25 world beater projected early. I am shocked UoA got off the canvas after being throttled @KSU, beating Utah on the road. Utah has QB issues. Kansas looks to be a mess. I still think Okie State will be tough and they are fighting through adversity now, so their season can go either way. In sum, the B-12 is wide open.
we have arrived! It took a few games but I think we’re going to see a long win streak to end this season….. and it continues with beating KSU at Folsom! When will we know the game time?

I dug slightly deep and found a fun video on a UCF Sports Youtube channel which shows the Buffs players interacting with the Buffs fans in the stands after the game. Rick George led the fight song, and and even participated in the unedited "fvck 'em up, fvck 'em up, Go CU!" part at the end.

I dug slightly deep and found a fun video on a UCF Sports Youtube channel which shows the Buffs players interacting with the Buffs fans in the stands after the game. Rick George led the fight song, and and even participated in the unedited "fvck 'em up, fvck 'em up, Go CU!" part at the end.

I was clear at the other end of the stadium for that. I was looking for it and was hoping to join in. The majority of CU fans were at the top level behind the opposite end zone.

In the same vein, Colorado beat Baylor, who played within a score of BYU, who beat K State by 32 points... but we're home dogs by a TD to K State 🤷.

I think the entire schedule is winnable at this point

There could be a bunch of L's too. Big 12 is deep. Appears we got lucky with the scheduling getting K-State, Utah, and Okie State at home, while skipping Iowa State and BYU.

From Sagarin:

Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 2.51.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 2.52.34 PM.png

There could be a bunch of L's too. Big 12 is deep. Appears we got lucky with the scheduling getting K-State, Utah, and Okie State at home, while skipping Iowa State and BYU.

From Sagarin:

View attachment 76600

View attachment 76601
This certainly fits the narrative coming into the season- 0 teams in the top 10 (no elites), but 10/16 teams in the top 40, and 14/16 in the top 50. By comparison, the ACC has a few good teams (3 in the top 20) , but only 6/17 in the top 50, and almost a full half of the conference below the 15th B12 Team (ASU). SEC clearly the best and deepest conference, though.

I know the Nebraska win last year was big, but this UCF win may have been even bigger for the Coach Prime era at CU. No one would have been surprised if CU got beaten handily as a 14-point underdog to UCF. But once again, the players and coaches rose to the challenge. They may really have something going here. I have seen good improvement from game to game, and things may only get better from here as these Buffs get more experience playing together.

Back