What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-UCLA Game Thread! Espn 2 5 PM MT

FIXES:
Defensive Play Calling and Coverage
Special Teams Blocking and Kicking

Otherwise, considering the lead up to this game, very very positive

Folks, we WON THE GAME!!!

New Coach
New Staff Members
New QB
New RB
Mostly New WR
No Fans
No Spring Ball

fUCLA has had the same coach and QB for 3 years, and that coach is the supposedly great Chip Kelly

Other than Noyer and Broussard, I'm feeling that this short season will be a LOOOOOOng season.

I dunno there were more bright spots than that, the OL, Russell, and Stanley all played well. DL will get more sacks playing against QBs that aren’t as athletic as DTR. But yeah D has to play way better and teams will have tape on Broussard and Noyer now.

Alright.

A win is a win is a win.

I don't know what the story was tonight, but every KD decision was wrong. Maybe bad luck, I don't know.
Maybe has not been on the sidelines making decisions in 15 years! Agreed he needs to improve dramatically, but we won the game.

I don’t ever consider myself a sunshine pumper but that went better than expected for a team that has practiced a few weeks in a year under a new coaching staff with a new QB making his first career start.

I thought CU would lose by 21 going into this game.

Nebraska - Loss
Michigan State - Loss
**** Baylor - Loss
CU Buffs - Win
Booted out an asshole

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I dunno there were more bright spots than that, the OL, Russell, and Stanley all played well. DL will get more sacks playing against QBs that aren’t as athletic as DTR. But yeah D has to play way better and teams will have tape on Broussard and Noyer now.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. It's my nature. I enjoyed this game, though I was a bit worried in the second half. I really hope the KD works out for us!

Not an excuse but this is a team with a new coach that had a shortened fall practice and no spring ball.

How much time did they have to work on special teams including blocking for placements. How much did they work on adjusting to the screens and draws.

Saw a lot of rough spots out there that they didn't adjust to well.

This. Happy with the debut of all these guys.

I think we had some Db’s go down for at least parts of the game, which seemed partially responsible for some of the glaring coverage busts (the big one was back up LBs in to spell Landman). Also, no KD Nixion.

This was a great first game, comeon!!

well we got the W, whether it be by blowout or close, still a W

Noyer looked a lot better than I thought he would

Broussard looks legit. When we get Fontenot back we might have a really nice 1-2 combo. 30+ carries a night for Broussard probably isn't ideal for longevity

Offense uses a TE, which is always a nice surprise

OL had moments where they looked solid

Defense mostly not good, hopefully we can chalk that up to lack of legit prep/practice/covid/Murica on the brink/whatever

Clearly an emphasis on forcing fumbles so that's a plus, Rakestraw seems good at it.

ST needs some fixes

KD with some questionable coaching decisions to say the least. Hopefully he can fix the fundamentals on that

I thought this was a solid performance by Noyer. He played within the offense, made some key throws, avoided negative plays. It was a good performance that looks sustainable. It did not look like a Connor Wood first game where he connected on a few lucky bombs to get a win in an otherwise shaky debut. Noyer looked poised.

Back