What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-UCLA Game Thread! Espn 2 5 PM MT

I think she does a nice job. Her partners tend to be kinda weak, but she does a pretty dang good job
She wasn't terrible, but i also had low expectations for the Deuce.
Her partner for the Buffs game was terrible.
I mean, my God...quit telling us that the UCLA guy was down before the ball was stripped. He literally couldn't shut up about that one play for ten minutes. There were several other plays along the way that just blew his mind, almost like he'd never seen the game before.

I mean, my God...quit telling us that the UCLA guy was down before the ball was stripped. He literally couldn't shut up about that one play for ten minutes. There were several other plays along the way that just blew his mind, almost like he'd never seen the game before.
I like when he told us that Broussard would be a calming influence on Sam Noyer in his first ever start, because, you know, it was Broussard’s first ever start.
On the fumble, I was more mad at the director. The last replay CLEARLY showed that neither knee was down and they wouldn’t go back and show it again to shut him up.

That is what manhattanbuff needs to do in order to maintain any sense of ego. He is consistently on the losing side of discussions on this board, and instead of admitting he is wrong, he doubles down on his idiocy. It is who he is.

I have been on the opposite side of conversation with him, mostly outside of the football side of the board, and I know you are wrong. I will not agree with many of his takes, many will help you at least look at things from a different perspective. You have to enjoy that kind of discussion, banter and debate (as long as he does not make it personal 😎).

Need to embrace the full spectrum of opinions and broaden all of our perspectives a bit

I think it was wrong for her to tell me that Montana Lemonious-Craig caught a pass for UCLA. In any case, I don't think they were even at the game, so I'll be forgiving on the call.

They weren't at the game. Probably more of a cost-cutting thing at ESPN (they just laid off 500 people).

I have been on the opposite side of conversation with him, mostly outside of the football side of the board, and I know you are wrong. I will not agree with many of his takes, many will help you at least look at things from a different perspective. You have to enjoy that kind of discussion, banter and debate (as long as he does not make it personal 😎).

Need to embrace the full spectrum of opinions and broaden all of our perspectives a bit
Yeah! Allbuffs is a beacon of light in embracing a full spectrum of opinions... as long as it is solidly in the Allbuffs echo box.

Landman and Wells are troublesome in coverage.

Landman should be the spy and he can do late middle blitzes if needed, but sending him on an outside looping blitz is dumb as hell. I thought Guy Thomas and Montgomery showed great athleticism and I am still not sure how the STAR position should be part of blitzing, when that player usually weighs about 190 pounds against a 300 point lineman?

Akil Jones in coverage is fine
STAR in bonus coverage is fine
Landman on delayed middle blitz is fine

Getting smoked on two completely wide open uncovered TE's is not going to cut it.

1. Beth Mowins was clearly the better half of the announcing crew, but that doesn’t make them good.

2. Using this year to experiment, evaluate, and develop some players is not a bad take. CU may only get in a few games, bowls are uncertain. I’m not sure a W/L of 1-3 versus 2-2 means a whole lot.

3. Recruiting needs to improve. Why is this a debate?

Last edited:
They don't call it the Deuce for nothing....

The play-by-play announcer is only as good as her spotters. I’m not sure if that dynamic is messed up or different with COVID but there were clear times when Mowins was getting bad info in her ear.

The play-by-play announcer is only as good as her spotters. I’m not sure if that dynamic is messed up or different with COVID but there were clear times when Mowins was getting bad info in her ear.

It also didn't help the spotters or the announcers that it's the first game of the year and UCLA didn't have their names on their jerseys. I mean, CU was doing fine containing Peace, but Love was just straight killing us.

It also didn't help the spotters or the announcers that it's the first game of the year and UCLA didn't have their names on their jerseys. I mean, CU was doing fine containing Peace, but Love was just straight killing us.
I was watching with the volume off and could not for the life of me figure out why Thompson-Robinson had been pulled for Love.

I like when he told us that Broussard would be a calming influence on Sam Noyer in his first ever start, because, you know, it was Broussard’s first ever start.
On the fumble, I was more mad at the director. The last replay CLEARLY showed that neither knee was down and they wouldn’t go back and show it again to shut him up.

Watching some of this MAC game tonight between Miami and Buffalo with Golic jr doing color makes you realize how bad Morrison was on our game.

Back