What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-UCLA Game Thread! Espn 2 5 PM MT

You are not "adding" to his point, you are making an entirely different and more reasonable observation as to why this season matters for CU.

True, and that's a very viable possibility with a win over Stanford (assuming COVID doesn't take out the game obviously) this weekend.

If KD isn’t a salesman, then winning 3-4 games this year won’t help get better players.

We won 10 games with a staff full of non salesmen and ended up 8th in the PAC-12 in recruiting.

2nd in the league, 8th in recruiting.

Strangely enough, we went right back to being right where our recruit standards were in the league the following two seasons.

It’s as if y’all have just forgotten that we need to make recruiting a priority with ACs who are closers.

Mike McIntyre was ACTIVELY recruiting the wrong type of players everywhere outside of WR and DB. He and his staff were targeting small OL and DL players and projects at every other position. For some reason, he believed in smaller Offensive linemen. That's not what we should be doing at CU.

Mike McIntyre was ACTIVELY recruiting the wrong type of players everywhere outside of WR and DB. He and his staff were targeting small OL and DL players and projects at every other position. For some reason, he believed in smaller Offensive linemen. That's not what we should be doing at CU.
our lines (O and D) both looked amazing.
Hopefully that trend continues. The trenches can never be underestimated.

hilarious back to back posts. Most of that OL was recruited under MM.

I know Dorrell is a big question mark. But you never know when opportunity and fate coincide to develop into something special. There are many examples of people who have failed to achieve greatness that, when their lessons learned combine with a great opportunity, achieve success.
If he could replicate his UCLA success here, we'd be ecstatic...he made it to a bowl game!!! How my standards have dropped.

Compare and contrast to current crop of commits por favor.

Rewatched the game again, and we BLITZED way too much in the middle and end of the 4th quarter!!! It makes sense on a pocket passer, but not on a running QB! If DTR was smart, he would have ran every play. The Blitzes were also long outside looping blitzes that just were not effective and technically took a guy out of the play and left the middle wide open. Other teams will kill us on that.

Additionally, the blocking on field goals was just terrible!!! Are they supposed to just bend over and stay there? Players were squeezing through everywhere!
Uggghhh
Who is the Special Teams Coach responsible for that?

You arguing with anyone and everyone about everything is a consistent pattern with you and your go-to rebuttal is that someone lacks reading comprehension or is misrepresenting you. If everyone lacks reading comprehension or misrepresents your arguments, perhaps it’s a you problem?

That is what manhattanbuff needs to do in order to maintain any sense of ego. He is consistently on the losing side of discussions on this board, and instead of admitting he is wrong, he doubles down on his idiocy. It is who he is.

That is what manhattanbuff needs to do in order to maintain any sense of ego. He is consistently on the losing side of discussions on this board, and instead of admitting he is wrong, he doubles down on his idiocy. It is who he is.
I very rarely lose. I just get frustrated with people who refuse to engage what I say. But thanks for the words of encouragement. It’s lovely coming from an intellectual midget!

O
Rewatched the game again, and we BLITZED way too much in the middle and end of the 4th quarter!!! It makes sense on a pocket passer, but not on a running QB! If DTR was smart, he would have ran every play. The Blitzes were also long outside looping blitzes that just were not effective and technically took a guy out of the play and left the middle wide open. Other teams will kill us on that.
I saw that as well. Why keep taking Landman out of the middle of the field. Those TE were open on every play where we blitzed.

I’m fine with heavy blitzing, most college QBs aren’t going to be able to process the defense fast enough to make a play. Remember how bad Jacob Eason looked last year against us. DTR did a good job making guys miss and getting the ball out quick. Also there were a couple plays where guys were completely uncovered, probably a miscommunication.

Would be better if we could get a consistent pass rush without blitzing though. Guy Thomas stood out to me a few times, hoping to see him more

Haha saying the same thing again doesn’t make it correct. You have already told multiple people in this thread that THEY lack reading comprehension. Own it.

If you want to tell me where my example of Senn/Lictenhaun getting snaps over Sherman is misrepresenting your argument I am all ears.
I’ve said this to you many times.

DBT intentionally misrepresents my arguments to troll me.

Here’s my argument: all players should get run this year, especially ones that will be playing in the program next season. That doesn’t mean they need to play the whole game or even start. But, 30-40% of our roster sitting for significant parts of the season will not help our team.

I know that I am suggesting something radical. But, we have to think outside of the box in order to leverage the limited games we will have this season. Losing nearly an entire year of football for non-injured players is a really tough deal for our program.

Last edited:
They weren’t, they showed them at home during pregame. But even when she’s on site she calls it like someone is sleeping in the next room
I hadn’t really noticed watching other games, but has it been the norm this year that the games are being called remotely? Maybe it’s just because there were only 20 people watching the game in the stadium, but both announcers seemed really disconnected from the action on the field.

Nobody argues with @manhattanbuf more than I do, but I’m glad he is here. I think he makes cohesive and well thought out arguments that are expressed well. I simply disagree with him a lot.

Allbuffs would be less without him

Back