What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs. UCLA

I hate the way they've handled it this week. I don't hate the thought of Redshirting him, but if they thought he could start this week, he should have received 100% of first team reps. Did Shrout and Lewis really need any to go in and not convert first downs?

I don't care about redshirting him, so play him if you think he is ready.

But this is also so stupid. Everyone gets reps and no is named a starter in advance because... mind games with the opposition.

Not that I care THAT much about seeing Shrout and/or Lewis, but KD is essentially begging for them to transfer midseason. Pure ****ing stupidity and completely unprofessional. Get this ****ing hack out of Boulder ASAP.

I don't care about redshirting him, so play him if you think he is ready.

But this is also so stupid. Everyone gets reps and no is named a starter in advance because... mind games with the opposition.

Not that I care THAT much about seeing Shrout and/or Lewis, but KD is essentially begging for them to transfer midseason. Pure ****ing stupidity and completely unprofessional. Get this ****ing hack out of Boulder ASAP.
Shrout isn't transferring and wasting yet another year of eligibility and who would have Lewis? I agree that it's been handled like **** all offseason, Fall Camp, and through 3 games, but are we really worried about any of the current QBs transferring at this point?

Shrout isn't transferring and wasting yet another year of eligibility and who would have Lewis? I agree that it's been handled like **** all offseason, Fall Camp, and through 3 games, but are we really worried about any of the current QBs transferring at this point?

They both can transfer after game four and not lose eligibility, correct?

Definitely watching if that's the case.

Got to build for the future. Get McCown as many game snaps and practice reps as possible if he's the most talented guy we've got.
But, but, but...he is tiny, and they will ruin him

They both can transfer after game four and not lose eligibility, correct?
Shrout has already used his free transfer, so I am under the impression he would have to sit out a year and lose that year of eligibility. Is that not correct?

Lewis could certainly transfer, but he's almost literally the worst FBS QB over the past 15 games, so I just don't know where he's going to go.

Shrout has already used his free transfer, so I am under the impression he would have to sit out a year and lose that year of eligibility. Is that not correct?

Lewis could certainly transfer, but he's almost literally the worst FBS QB over the past 15 games, so I just don't know where he's going to go.

I don't know either way. But you don't want both transferring right now.

Most FCS schools in Texas would take him easily.

I don't know either way. But you don't want both transferring right now.
or do you???
Think Oh Yeah GIF by Paramount+

Both Shrout and Lewis are figuring they will have a chance with the next head coach. I agree that a transfer is unlikely from either one. The whole team is now playing to provide some tape for the next coach to analyze.

Is there going to be an Allbuffs tailgate party Saturday? If so, where? Thanks.

Check out the roll call thread.

I do not blame him. If there ever was a transfer that made sense, it's his.
I agree with the prior discussion, where in hell is Lewis going to transfer too? Maybe to our defense. We have a solid history of middling QB's playing Safety. And we need Safety help. I bet B'Lew could be the next CU Safety ejected for unnecessary roughness/targeting. Now, THAT's a "culture" for this program that wouldn't just be a talking point.

I agree with the prior discussion, where in hell is Lewis going to transfer too? Maybe to our defense. We have a solid history of middling QB's playing Safety. And we need Safety help. I bet B'Lew could be the next CU Safety ejected for unnecessary roughness/targeting. Now, THAT's a "culture" for this program that wouldn't just be a talking point.
It's not so much about where he goes, it's that his time here has run its course. he's had a ton of games to try and make it work here and it's not worked out. He's getting booed by his fellow students and not improving. Him keeping it together for the last year is impressive if you ask me.

I won’t be too heartbroken if Lewis and/or Shrout leave after the season, but counting on a 175 pound freshman QB to last the season with zero experience behind him and the tough part of the schedule still ahead of us would be problematic.

Back