What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
the lack of information and movement is disturbing. it's bad enough we had to suffer through a fake scandal, unnecessary recruiting restrictions, a local media that revels in CU's failings, a state legislature and administration that historically underfunds the program, and faculty that openly roots against the football team, but this self-inflicted B.S. really pisses me off. probably not the end of the world, just damn frustrating.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

the lack of information and movement is disturbing. it's bad enough we had to suffer through a fake scandal, unnecessary recruiting restrictions, a local media that revels in CU's failings, a state legislature and administration that historically underfunds the program, and faculty that openly roots against the football team, but this self-inflicted B.S. really pisses me off. probably not the end of the world, just damn frustrating.
Why is it disturbing?

Tini missed the reference:

tumblr_mbmwxlKdjy1r5meuco1_500.gif

somewhere, out there, there is a middling to competent coach who will come here for the money.

we will leave no stone unturned to find that middling to competent guy.

all kidding aside, the rivals info is interesting. i sense leaked spin, but nevertheless interesting and like most spin, probably mostly true.

we still have a chance to make a good hire. that should be the focus at this point. we aren't getting a hot name apparently so let's get someone who can help us build.

sigh.

somewhere, out there, there is a middling to competent coach who will come here for the money.

we will leave no stone unturned to find that middling to competent guy.

all kidding aside, the rivals info is interesting. i sense leaked spin, but nevertheless interesting and like most spin, probably mostly true.

we still have a chance to make a good hire. that should be the focus at this point. we aren't getting a hot name apparently so let's get someone who can help us build.

sigh.
Pretty much.

What does that mean? "Not a good fit"? And a "desperation" hire?

Would he be a decent, competent coach, who would actually improve the defense?

There are some folks who believe that the only reason we don't have a DC is that we have so many superstar candidates lined up, it's taking a while to narrow it down to the one.

who knows? Given what was on rivals, it sounds like CP would have been a true desperation hire actually :lol:

That's why I wonder what Kyle Whittingham's motivation is right now. Given he almost left this year, allegedly, I wonder if he's just setting up next year to look good enough that he can find a decent landing spot. For a program that could really use some stability at their coordinators, Pendergast seems like an odd hire.

I'm hearing it's Ken Norton. Not Jr, his dad, the ex-champ. Rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated. He's been coaching defense at SW Nevada State.

There are some folks who believe that the only reason we don't have a DC is that we have so many superstar candidates lined up, it's taking a while to narrow it down to the one.

I don't think anybody believes that. Some are quick to believe any rumor that its somebody great, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back