What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way its Tumpkin, wouldn't wait this long and keep it a secret for a guy from central Michigan. No pac ties . RG and MM are smarter than this.

No way its Tumpkin, wouldn't wait this long and keep it a secret for a guy from central Michigan. No pac ties . RG and MM are smarter than this.

True, still find it funny some dude on the internet is finding allbuffs by googling him.

What's the O/U on a leak before the announcement tomorrow at the lunch? For you guys in Colorado or West Coast not a big deal, but I am 4 hours ahead of Colorado so that is a long day waiting for the outcome of this ridiculously long search to replace the dinosaur.
No offense Boyd but we all will suffer the exact same amount of time, and same amount of awake time. Not sure how it matters if that time falls more on a Wed or a Thurs. Is not the suffering the same?

CMU doesn't have a coach. Maybe he wanted to stay thru NSD so they didn't lose their class ? Pretty bizarre.

I could see Tumpkin as the new LB coach + maybe some other title AND a new DC. I would be pretty disappointed if Tumpkin is the only DC.

idk, people that do seem to know are acting like it's a good hire..

I can't really see it being Tumpkin. No way people are really that happy with him if he were the guy.

Will not be happy if its Tumpkin.

Article on him and possible replacing CMU HC

CMU DC Joe TumpkinIf you haven't heard of Joe Tumpkin, now you're going to. Tumpkin has quietly led the Chippewas to one of the best defense in the conference in his five years at the helm, with five Chippewas making the All-MAC team in his first season alone. Under Tumpkin's watch, CMU had the best defense (statistically) in the MAC this past season, and he has had CMU among the top defenses in the conference since 2008.
Tumpkin has a long and proven track record, starting as a grad assistant in 1994 with Lakeland College. In 1995, he was a defensive line coach with Northern Michigan. In 1996, he accepted a job with Defiance College as a linebackers coach, before heading to Western Michigan the next year as a graduate assistant. Trumpkin would go on to coach eventual Pro Bowler Bart Scott at Southern Illinois University from 1998 to 1999 as a linebacker coach/recruiting coordinator. Trumpkin revisited Lakeland College, this time as a defensive coordinator in 2000 and 2001. He then took linebacker coaching jobs in various places, including Sam Houston State (2002-2004,) SMU (2005-2007), and Pittsburgh (2008-2009). He was also a training camp coaching intern with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2006.
There are certainly some positives about this hire: 1) his track record as current CMU DC, 2) the potential for stability as an in-house hire would do major things for current recruits and players and 3) a variety of experience all along the defensive end of the field. The only thing that could be said to disqualify Trumpkin is that he has no head coaching experience. (Well, that and his early time with Western Michigan.) However, he seems to be the solid in-house favorite.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/2015/1/22...dates-for-the-central-michigan-head-coach-job

Last edited:
Will not be happy if its Tumpkin.

fe8ffb9ae3620b594535b37047ab11dd.jpg

No offense Boyd but we all will suffer the exact same amount of time, and same amount of awake time. Not sure how it matters if that time falls more on a Wed or a Thurs. Is not the suffering the same?

Simple math. Say you live in Colorado and wake up at 8 am. Lunch colorado time at 12. Therefore you wait 4 hours.

If i wake up at 8 my time and wait until 12 pm mountain time, I am on pins and needles for 8 hours. I know pity party. Perhaps worse for me is our very late football and bb games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see the problem with him. Sounds like a good coach and his defenses have been solid. Doesn't meet any of the qualifications described earlier (no PAC experience, no west coast recruiting ties).

Not a flashy hire, but not one I'd complain about either.

Regardless, I won't give two ****s until we see how the defense plays in the fall.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Simple math. Say you live in Colorado and wake up at 8 am. Lunch colorado time at 12. Therefore you wait 4 hours.

If i wake up at 8 my time and wait until 12 pm mountain time, I am on pins and needles for 8 hours. I know pity party. Perhaps worse for me is our very late football and bb games.

South America? Greenland?

Except dude in Colorado suffered 4 additional hours the night before that you didn't have to.

As long as the announcement isn't made during sleeping hours for one of you, it's all even...

Spaceman Spiff with the early warning! The rest of you losers can find out tomorrow. Thanks, man!

Except dude in Colorado suffered 4 additional hours the night before that you didn't have to.

As long as the announcement isn't made during sleeping hours for one of you, it's all even...

Fair enough. I was referring to post sleep stress :)

Anyway lets hope we are not underwhelmed

[tweet]563161006902640643[/tweet]

Doesn't say the position, and it who knows if there's any credibility here. Honestly, I doubt there's much, and AllBuffs is probably their source.

Last edited:
[tweet]563161006902640643[/tweet]

Doesn't say the position, and it who knows if there's any credibility here. Honestly, I doubt there's much, but who knows?
That is interesting since that seems to be an official source for CMU? Guys on Rivals who seem to know are convinced we will be pretty impressed with the hire. Just can't see how Tumpkin would be seen as a good choice by most of us, and I am one who tries to find the silver lining if possible. But Goonie is right, could be for another position like replacing LaRussa?

Like the DB hire.

As for Tumpkin? Ugh. Didn't it take home like 5 years at Central freaking Michigan to finally field a quality defense? Last I checked we have maybe two years. This isn't gonna save MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back