What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deion Sanders - HC Jackson State

The risk is that he's had 3 years of HC experience at an FCS program where he's had carte blanche authority to recruit and shell out money to recruits, etc. Making a jump to the P5 is a different animal and his success would entirely depend on just how much support CUAD/President is will to provide. I don't think it's a question that he would recruit like crazy and get the talent level here on par with the top third in the Pac 12, but can he coach at this level and win consistently?
At the end of the day, it can’t get worse.

Always remember, you can’t fall out of the basement

At the end of the day, it can’t get worse.

Always remember, you can’t fall out of the basement
I said the same thing about CU's offense. It did, in fact, get worse. @manhattanbuff

I tend to agree with you about the program in general, though, as it's hard to envision it being in a worse position than it currently is today almost assuredly going 1-11. However, I think the "nothing to lose" mindset is a bit misplaced. What's at stake for CU over the next 5-6 years is an invitation to keep being part of major college football going forward. Hit on a good hire who can increase the talent base and win games, and I think CU is attractive in this market to get a B1G (or SEC) invite. Miss on this next hire where CU continues to be a 3-5 win/year program and I think CU stays relegated to the lower tier, where the money dries up, and the future of the program is ultimately up in the air.

I said the same thing about CU's offense. It did, in fact, get worse. @manhattanbuff

I tend to agree with you about the program in general, though, as it's hard to envision it being in a worse position than it currently is today almost assuredly going 1-11. However, I think the "nothing to lose" mindset is a bit misplaced. What's at stake for CU over the next 5-6 years is an invitation to keep being part of major college football going forward. Hit on a good hire who can increase the talent base and win games, and I think CU is attractive in this market to get a B1G (or SEC) invite. Miss on this next hire where CU continues to be a 3-5 win/year program and I think CU stays relegated to the lower tier, where the money dries up, and the future of the program is ultimately up in the air.
All fair points…I do think he would be at least as successful as any of the candidates being discussed

A lesson that time has shown us: it can always get worse and there is no bottom.

I just don’t agree with those that view this as an unreasonable risk. If they go with bronco or a perceived safer bet instead, i am good with it. get the foundation fixed and there are probably a lot of guys that can eventually win here with different approaches. just hire someone who gives us some hope and has a plan and a vision.

I'd love to have Deion in Boulder, I just think it won't happen. I think he could do the job very well.

i will commission artwork in the form of a saintly deon walking on water through an adoring crowd of Buffs in folsom field on the road to victory if he comes. **** i might even pay for tats based upon the art on each of the cheerleaders.

You guys are making me feel like we're the ugly guy who asked the hottie to the school dance and got told "maybe".
Rob Lowe Yep GIF by SoFi

Deion in Boulder would be amazing, but it would be amazing for 1 year before he moves onto somewhere bigger and we are back to square one again

Back