What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

tbh with Watson wanting out, that's not a job anyone with options should want
It's a complete restart with a clean slate. They'll get 3 first round picks and either players or more draft picks to start over. Honestly, it probably gives HC and GM more time to produce a winner than had Watson stayed.

It's a complete restart with a clean slate. They'll get 3 first round picks and either players or more draft picks to start over. Honestly, it probably gives HC and GM more time to produce a winner than had Watson stayed.

That seems like fair market value, dude has a no trade clause so who knows what he'll fetch in return.

And it depends on who you have to trade him to, no Jets or Dolphins and you're looking at drafting a QB that isn't named Fields or Wilson

They can't just trade him anywhere either. He has a no trade clause. They're gonna have to get the best deal they can, he'll sit out, if not.
He just needs to approve the destination, of which, it seems like Miami and NYJ are the two, although, maybe he opens his mind to other places. Either way, teams can't talk to him technically, so the franchises have to negotiate a deal and then watson has to approve it after the fact.

That seems like fair market value, dude has a no trade clause so who knows what he'll fetch in return.

And it depends on who you have to trade him to, no Jets or Dolphins and you're looking at drafting a QB that isn't named Fields or Wilson
Yeah, it feels like both the Texans and Watson will want to work a deal for one of those two landing spots

Yeah, it feels like both the Texans and Watson will want to work a deal for one of those two landing spots

I can see the Jets doing it, they'd probably use #2 for a QB anyway. Then they have a couple extra picks from that Adams trade

idk if the Dolphins want to pay that huge of a price although he's probably worth way more

He just needs to approve the destination, of which, it seems like Miami and NYJ are the two, although, maybe he opens his mind to other places. Either way, teams can't talk to him technically, so the franchises have to negotiate a deal and then watson has to approve it after the fact.
Those are the two I've heard most about most about today. Also, word is Watson isn't the one the one that made this public. Apparently, the Texans did, that's off the radio fwiw. It was also said, those weren't the only two teams he'd go to.

I can see the Jets doing it, they'd probably use #2 for a QB anyway. Then they have a couple extra picks from that Adams trade

idk if the Dolphins want to pay that huge of a price although he's probably worth way more
The Dolphins should be first in line and offering whatever the Texans want, tbh. Been to the playoffs twice in the last 20 years and got blown out each time. They were a fringe playoff team this year with Fitzpatrick and Tua. Watson puts them squarely in the AFC East competition and probably a top 4 team in the entire AFC.

The Dolphins should be first in line and offering whatever the Texans want, tbh. Been to the playoffs twice in the last 20 years and got blown out each time. They were a fringe playoff team this year with Fitzpatrick and Tua. Watson puts them squarely in the AFC East competition and probably a top 4 team in the entire AFC.

That's basically how I see it, it just doesn't seem like there's a lot of will to get it done in the organization. I think they want to do it their way with Tua and the picks. Standard NFL bravado.

I don't really trust the GM Grier, but I do hold Flores in high regard so whatever he wants to do I'm cool with. idk if Tua will ever be top 5 like Watson is, but I do think he could be a top 10 type guy

That's basically how I see it, it just doesn't seem like there's a lot of will to get it done in the organization. I think they want to do it their way with Tua and the picks. Standard NFL bravado.

I don't really trust the GM Grier, but I do hold Flores in high regard so whatever he wants to do I'm cool with. idk if Tua will ever be top 5 like Watson is, but I do think he could be a top 10 type guy
I don't know, there hasn't been much chatter about it from any teams because they aren't allowed to speculate about a player on another team, but every team is for sure talking about it internally.

NFL teams value picks too much. There shouldn't even be a discussion to trade draft capital for a top 5 QB. That is literally what teams spend decades trying to find.

It doesn't seem like Houston is that interested in Tua. I think its the Jets all the way here.

It doesn't seem like Houston is that interested in Tua. I think its the Jets all the way here.

Yeah that's a big problem. If the Dolphins are wanting Watson, they don't want to have Tua sitting around. I guess they could send him elsewhere, but the Jets will be able to put together a better package I think. And apparently he prefers the Jets for some reason. They can offer at least 3 1sts and then just flip Darnold for a mid round pick or whatever he's worth

He made those demands specifically of CU because of Jon Embree and him discussing the opportunity and how Embree & staff felt he was really screwed over. I highly doubt he's throwing lofty demands around to NFL execs.
Embo is the last guy EB should be taking advice from. He was not only not good, he was really bad and he burnt the bridge he walked in and out on as he left.

Well, Andy Reid doesn't seem to agree with that.
Reid wants EB gone to get those two third rd picks. His offense was great before EB and will be great after. Sounds like a lot in their organization wanted EB to get a head coach job so they could promote Kafka before someone poaches him to be their OC. He deserves a shot but you didn’t expect Reid to say anything different did you?

I don't know Reid wants him gone, I'd think EB has showed him enough. Whether it's about picks or not, I don't know that.

Yeah the new NFL rule is the chiefs would get two third round picks if another team hired a person of color from their assistant group . The thinking is it rewards teams who promote people of color to assistant jobs. I shouldn’t say wants him gone but thinks he knows Kafka can do just as good a job.

That is a highly racist statement.

EB may be HC material, but he needs to show it somewhere other than as KC's OC. Either as HC at the college level, or as an OC somewhere else in the NFL.
My comments have nothing to do with race. You are flat out wrong. Ass-umption.

Some coaches are. Some coaches aren’t. I have said the same thing about Brent Venables. On this board. Many times.

I have also outlined my thinking why EB is deficient for HC skills. Numerous times. Were those racist

Your accusation makes my blood boil.

I better stop.

Reid wants EB gone to get those two third rd picks. His offense was great before EB and will be great after. Sounds like a lot in their organization wanted EB to get a head coach job so they could promote Kafka before someone poaches him to be their OC. He deserves a shot but you didn’t expect Reid to say anything different did you?
If Reid wants him gone, it’s because he has groomed QB coach.

Yeah the new NFL rule is the chiefs would get two third round picks if another team hired a person of color from their assistant group . The thinking is it rewards teams who promote people of color to assistant jobs. I shouldn’t say wants him gone but thinks he knows Kafka can do just as good a job.
This NFL rule is yet another stupid, racist rule that has exactly the opposite effect of its intention. The Chiefs are in the Super Bowl. What other team in the league is interested in being responsible for the Chiefs getting additional draft picks?

LRE.

Back