What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Expectations For This Year

What are your expectations for this year?

• Tourney Bound

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Tourney Bubble/NIT Lock

Votes: 43 48.9%
  • NIT Bound

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Gonna Be A Long Year

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think they make the tourney. The freshmen will have to contribute. While I think they will make it, it wouldn't be a shock if they didn't.

They could be pretty good if Tristan takes a step forward, and Jabari is more consistent. And I think those are both reasonable expectations.

My expectation every year is to make the tourney.

But if it happens I'll consider this among Tad's best coaching performances. A whole lot has to go right. Avoiding bad losses & winning on the road are big asks this season.

With Quincy going down asking for a tournament team seems greedy. Give me the NIT Give me the NIT

I have no idea what to make of the team, its got a borderline NBA prospect, good Sr leadership with Evan and NO pointgaurd.

not having a PG in college is a tough road to hoe.

Winning record, win at least a game in the pac-12 tourney, make the NIT - feels like it would be a good season (and good for the team)

NIT is a minimum every year for this program going forward. Losing McKinley is such a big deal. Nobody on this team will replace his leadership and production. If we’re on the bubble in February, I’ll count this season a success.

Phew, hard to tell based on seeing just one game. Confident Tad can clean up some of the deficiencies but probably too many inconsistent games to be better than maybe 17 wins headed into Pac12 tournament. We need a couple of players to surprise on the upside.

I have no idea what to make of the team, its got a borderline NBA prospect, good Sr leadership with Evan and NO pointgaurd.

not having a PG in college is a tough road to hoe.

Winning record, win at least a game in the pac-12 tourney, make the NIT - feels like it would be a good season (and good for the team)
This. I suspect PG play and 3-pt shooting are going to be a year long concern.

(and it's "tough ROW to hoe")

A lot of talent without a doubt, getting it all together with so much youth.....that's the challenge. I have them as a bubble team for the dance but a lock for the NIT

Okay, sitting in an airport so let's do this...

Montana State W
New Mexico W
Maine W
Southern Illinois W
Northeastern W
Colorado State L
Stanford W
@ UCLA L
Tennessee L
Eastern Washington W
Milwaukee L
CSU Bakersfield W
@ Oregon L
@ Oregon State L
Washington W
Washington State W
@ Arizona L
@ ASU L
USC W
UCLA L
@ Washington W
@ WSU L
Oregon W
Oregon State W
Utah L
@ Cal W
@ Stanford L
Arizona State W
Arizona W
@ Utah W

1-1 in the Pac 12 Tourney.
19-13 (Best case scenario)

Last edited:
I hope to make the tournament this year. I don't expect it. With so much change I honestly don't know what to expect. It's been 4 years since I was this unsure heading into a season. Almost nothing would surprise me except being really godawful, because we have too much talent and too good a coach for that to happen.

For the record, NIT. Struggle early, become the team no one wants to draw as a low seed in the P12 tourney. Lose two games we shouldn’t early. Win two we shouldn’t. Numerous meltdowns on this board. A newfound appreciation for Kin.

I'm worried that Tad thought it was necessary to get a grad transfer PG and then we lost out on him. The team would really benefit from a guy that's used to creating on the offensive end with the ball in his hands. Hard to ask a group of secondary or tertiary guys on offense from last year (Jabari, Eli, Battey) to carry the load night in and out without having some clunkers.
But... I think the team has talent, leadership, and solid coaching which should put the floor at an NIT bid.

I don’t understand letting Jeremiah Horne walk. He could produce offensively on his own. good for 15/7 every night. This would be a guaranteed tourney team with him.

I don’t understand letting Jeremiah Horne walk. He could produce offensively on his own. good for 15/7 every night. This would be a guaranteed tourney team with him.

Probably because players have their own free will and can do things without the team restricting them.

Add in the fact that he comes back, it limits Jabari's minutes. And Lovering's. And De Silva. And we need them to step up for next year which should be a big year for us.

Probably because players have their own free will and can do things without the team restricting them.

Add in the fact that he comes back, it limits Jabari's minutes. And Lovering's. And De Silva. And we need them to step up for next year which should be a big year for us.
He also did not produce offense on his own. Really good shooter who slumped mightily in the conference and NCAA tournament. Scored 6, 19, 6, 2 and 3 in the last 5 games. He most definitely was not good for 15/7 every night, his actual numbers were 10.8 and 6.

I think it will be a slow start. This team is not used to playing together. Hopefully they gel by late Jan or Feb and make a run. That’s the blueprint for young teams. We won’t really know what we’ve got until then. Next year should be way better.

For the record, NIT. Struggle early, become the team no one wants to draw as a low seed in the P12 tourney. Lose two games we shouldn’t early. Win two we shouldn’t. Numerous meltdowns on this board. A newfound appreciation for Kin.
NIT with bubble being the best case. I think the Kin difference will show up most in the offensive dry spells we used to see in the past. He was so good at either finishing in the paint or drawing and kicking. While there's always talk about getting out and running as a remedy Pac 12 staffs are so wise to this it's almost never an option.

20 wins & NCAA tourney seems most likely- if Tad gets underclassmen playing tougher D (especially on perimeter), & continue to rebound & push the pace.

19-win prediction above doesn't seem to pick any CU upset wins, & picks couple late season bad CU loses. Tad's teams get's upsets, especially at home.

Tad continues to say "Sweet- 16 & beyond... yearly NCAA tournament bid" are goals. Players (see today's Jabari interview) say the same. I guess fan-base may have a hard time getting behind this shift (that we have indeed taken the next step) until they see it in W-L record. Too bad, as I really would like to see fans in stands early!

I don't think Horne particularly enjoyed the defensive requirements tied to earning & keeping minutes at CU. He wants to just be a gunner. Nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't always a comfortable fit in this program.

I see this team fighting the bubble and could be an NCAA tourney team. I think with the youth it will be a building year where they get progressively better they the year. Going to take time to figure out the rotation and get used to and gel as a team. Bright future and will play better than their seed in the Pac tourney.

Back