What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Bigbangdingus talking about the roster depth and recruiting strategy and coaching staff:
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

The guy has put together a good staff on paper, Now they have to get to work and develop the players. Talent evaluation and development is the only way forward for the Buffs. CU alumni like myself don't believe in NIL or paying players to come to Boulder. But if the player can get his own deal on his own, I have no problem with that. The perception is he hasn't recruited well, On paper looks like he has done a decent job recruiting. Maybe he has not gotten the flashy 4 star or 5 star. But the players he is getting are playing early and showing flashes of been good players. Can't really tell if he is a good recruiter or not until his guys make up the majority of the roster. The OL recruiting is getting better under KD. Still has a lot of work to do to fix the damage done by previous coaches.
On paper, the recruiting is most certainly not decent.

KD has now made a decision that he is going to purge the roster (or allow it to purge itself) of guys he didn’t recruit and start over with “his guys”. I think this is happening 18 month too late, but this is a decision that will make or break his tenure here. No matter what you think about the guys who are leaving, at a minimum it’s a huge blow to depth and this roster as currently constructed is worse today than it was a year ago. If the staff can plug holes through the portal this summer, great (they desperately need to), but I don’t share your optimism in KD’s ability to land top talent because he’s never prioritized recruiting and not sure he’s suddenly going to see the light despite his most talented players jumping ship or being pushed out.

On paper, the recruiting is most certainly not decent.

KD has now made a decision that he is going to purge the roster (or allow it to purge itself) of guys he didn’t recruit and start over with “his guys”. I think this is happening 18 month too late, but this is a decision that will make or break his tenure here. No matter what you think about the guys who are leaving, at a minimum it’s a huge blow to depth and this roster as currently constructed is worse today than it was a year ago. If the staff can plug holes through the portal this summer, great (they desperately need to), but I don’t share your optimism in KD’s ability to land top talent because he’s never prioritized recruiting and not sure he’s suddenly going to see the light despite his most talented players jumping ship or being pushed out.

I disagree, he didnt make the decision to purge the roster of guys like C Gonzeles and Brendan Rice. But good attrition was necessary to move the program forward. Why would a coach want to coach a player he doesn;t believe can help the program?

I disagree, he didnt make the decision to purge the roster of guys like C Gonzeles and Brendan Rice. But good attrition was necessary to move the program forward. Why would a coach want to coach a player he doesn;t believe can help the program?
Let me ask you, of these players:

Rice
Gonzalez
Clayton
Broussard
Stanley
Blackmon
Perry
Oliver

How many would you consider good attrition? Either the coach believes these guys can’t help the program or they don’t want to play for him or a little of both. They’re gone, whatever, but who replaces them on the roster that makes this team better?

The guy has put together a good staff on paper, Now they have to get to work and develop the players. Talent evaluation and development is the only way forward for the Buffs. CU alumni like myself don't believe in NIL or paying players to come to Boulder. But if the player can get his own deal on his own, I have no problem with that. The perception is he hasn't recruited well, On paper looks like he has done a decent job recruiting. Maybe he has not gotten the flashy 4 star or 5 star. But the players he is getting are playing early and showing flashes of been good players. Can't really tell if he is a good recruiter or not until his guys make up the majority of the roster. The OL recruiting is getting better under KD. Still has a lot of work to do to fix the damage done by previous coaches.
Thanks Chandler. Ready for that redshirt?

Let me ask you, of these players:

Rice
Gonzalez
Clayton
Broussard
Stanley
Blackmon
Perry
Oliver

How many would you consider good attrition? Either the coach believes these guys can’t help the program or they don’t want to play for him or a little of both. They’re gone, whatever, but who replaces them on the roster that makes this team better?

The coach can't force players to stay. He can only control what he can control. Obviously USC and Oregon tapped up the players and offered them financianl incentives to transfer. CU shouldn't and will not do that.

The coach can't force players to stay. He can only control what he can control. Obviously USC and Oregon tapped up the players and offered them financianl incentives to transfer. CU shouldn't and will not do that.
So you’re answer is we just choose not to play by the new rules because we don’t like them. Good luck with that strategy.

Serious question, are you 14? Or did you eat lead paint chips when you were a kid? Mom and Dad 1st cousins?

I still don't get where this "Box State" **** came from. What does it even mean? There are a lot of different type of boxes. :D

Verified reports directly from the scene indicate the talent level was DIRE.
I saw all the kids posting pictures on Twitter. Hopefully we made a lot of money off them attending. I was trying to find one that looked like a football player, could have just as easily been a make a wish photo shoot (not that anyone would wish for more suffering).

On "Box State" this became popular with a small group at my high school. One of them even started Box State Clothing, but outside of that group I have never heard it used.

Last edited:
I wonder if it has anything to do with "ban the box" legislation, which I'd never heard of either. I doubt it, like these bozos would know about that. They can't even run a college football program, unless it's into the ground. They got that part down already. Maybe it's because Colorado is a rectangle except it's not.

Last edited:
I wonder if it has anything to do with "ban the box" legislation, which I'd never heard of either. I doubt it, like these bozos would know about that. They can't even run a college football program, unless it's into the ground. They got that part down already. Maybe it's because Colorado is a rectangle lol.
It's just because of the shape of the state.

The recruiting is decent. Unless you are looking for the flashy 5 star or 4 star recruits.

I agree. If a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits came to CU, it would only make everyone else there feel bad. And what if some car sales place or restaurant gave them NIL money? Then the guys who didn't have any NIL money would just feel poor. And depressed. Then they'd have to go to Wardenberg for counseling. Then if too many went, Wardenberg would get over-crowded and regular students would lack treatment; sepsis, gangrene, and such would set in campus wide.

I say let the fancy schmancy football programs hog all the 4 and 5 star players. If CU got involved with going to bowl games the players would miss out on a lot of December/January holiday time with their families and then....wait for it..., you got it - more depression, angst and the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

You are wise to foresee the problems with all these flashy recruits.

Back