What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

I don't mind quoting this piece since it is fully credited in the article (for those too lazy to click)

Pete Fiutak of College Football News gave his 10 hot seat coaches, and Dorrell was at the top of the list on the “Win Now or Else” side. Here’s what Fiutak wrote about Dorrell:

It was a tad bit of a surprise that Herm Edwards was the only coach from the Pac-12 South to be fired on Sunday after a 49-7 loss to Minnesota that could’ve been much, much worse.
This has turned into a shocking disaster at Colorado.
TCU, Air Force, and Minnesota are all good teams, but the football program at Colorado should be strong enough to take at least win two of those.
Instead, the Buffs are 0-3 by a combined score of 128-30 – and, again, it could’ve been a whole lot worse in all three.
Getting rid of Dorrell would be around a $9 million hit, but considering how good Arizona looks now and how bad the Buffs have been, 0-12 isn’t off the board without a massive upset.

We are officially on the national radar as being terrible. The admin may be able to accept 4-8 or 5-7 in perpetuity as long as the team stays out of the of headlines, but now we in the deer lights for a different reason: possibly being one of the worst P5 teams in history.

Honestly I think it'd be best to just let KD finish the year. Why? Because KD vs November will be ****ing amazing. Like we could lose that month by like 300-13, it'll be glorious
Please, no. Just want to have some hope for the future of CU football. The longer we linger as a national embarrassment, the harder it will be to bounce back.

It’s funny- I feel like we, as faithful Buff fans, have had to endure so much spin from the athletic admin in the past- like being told that we’re just a few wins away from greatness after a 5-7 season or some other dismal performance. Now the National press is looking at the program and that spin isn’t going to work. We just look so bad and the longer it goes on, the longer it exposes on a National stage that CU doesn’t take its football program seriously.

Please, no. Just want to have some hope for the future of CU football. The longer we linger as a national embarrassment, the harder it will be to bounce back.

It’s funny- I feel like we, as faithful Buff fans, have had to endure so much spin from the athletic admin in the past- like being told that we’re just a few wins away from greatness after a 5-7 season or some other dismal performance. Now the National press is looking at the program and that spin isn’t going to work. We just look so bad and the longer it goes on, the longer it exposes on a National stage that CU doesn’t take its football program seriously.

See I feel like the longer CU football is exposed on the national level, it might force CU to take its football program seriously

giphy.gif

#1 is the biggest hangup currently. Can't get transfers or JUCO's admitted even though they meet the NCAA requirements because often CU doesn't have a degree program that counts their credits. Giving the AD an allowance of 30 or even 100 students per year is not going to make any impact on the overall quality of student at the university. The AD can afford the academic support staff and can provide the scholarship money to ensure those players make progress to graduation within the APR time limit (which is like 6 years), so even if we only count 40 of their 60 hours from JUCO, they should still be admitted as long as they meet the NCAA requirements. High school kids should be admitted if they pass the NCAA clearinghouse requirements.
Isnt there like 45 to 60 ‘elective’ credits that have to be filled towards a Bachelors degree? A lot of their credits can go towards that.

When I came to CU in the 90s my CC credits were accepted but at a fractional amount like 0.8 or something. Those did get me out of UWRP but not out of Math Mods. 🙄

Looking at the back end of the schedule I think it might be hard to find someone to agree to be the interim coach.

Back